Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Timed runs with flower circlet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Default Timed runs with flower circlet

Are the new timed run records on the leaderboards going to remain after the mothers day event? This is another potential situation in which records will be set and will potentially never be beaten (remember a change to the timers in season one?). Probably not as big of a deal for timed runs that require end game characters, but for runs that require lvl15 characters, a 15 point stat boost in the primary stat is a big deal (I think about 4 damage or about 3% of damage for a mage). This is more than the stat boost one gains from Grand gemming one's gear. I know new gear may come out later in the season making this not an issue, but if not, I have to strongly object. This may prevent people who want to compete in these runs later in the season from doing so. I know a few people may have spent some time putting up records this weekend, but I think STS should wipe all records that were set over the weekend event to keep everything fair for people later in the season.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Glad you brought this up. I was also wondering the same thing.

AL: Generalzod

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Commanderkeen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Since we have new gear coming soon enough, I'm sure the extra 15 stat points will easily be surpassed by increased damage from mythic rogue & warriors weapons, as well as new amulets, and perhaps armor and helms. So I don't think it will be an issue. Plus we have a new arcane pet coming, so same applies for that, it will probably be better than past arcane pets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Since we have new gear coming soon enough, I'm sure the extra 15 stat points will easily be surpassed by increased damage from mythic rogue & warriors weapons, as well as new amulets, and perhaps armor and helms. So I don't think it will be an issue. Plus we have a new arcane pet coming, so same applies for that, it will probably be better than past arcane pets.
    He was talking about lower-leveled characters, where +15 primary stat IS a big deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I was specifically referring to lvl15 timed runs for which new mythic and arcane gear will have no effect (except perhaps for a new arcane pet, although I doubt one will add an additional 15 points in a character's primary stat on top of what current pets provide).

Edit: ^^ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Good point, I wasn't thinking about twinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

This

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Lol@twinks (as Kei would lol@pvp).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I would expect the entire timed board to be reset after pet spam fix.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    I would expect the entire timed board to be reset after pet spam fix.
    Hope so

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

+1 at wiping twink timed runs

“New eras don't come about because of swords, they're created by the people who wield them.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

How do you know the spring event won't have new gear for twinks? I specifically heard (repeatedly) on meet the mods that any one of any level can farm these portals. So I suggest you listen to the vid if you haven't because it would not surprise me if new twink gear was being added.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    How do you know the spring event won't have new gear for twinks? I specifically heard (repeatedly) on meet the mods that any one of any level can farm these portals. So I suggest you listen to the vid if you haven't because it would not surprise me if new twink gear was being added.
    I don't know and I questioned this (see below). I am just raising a concern and opening a line of discussion. Isn't that what forums are for???

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Are the new timed run records on the leaderboards going to remain after the mothers day event? This is another potential situation in which records will be set and will potentially never be beaten (remember a change to the timers in season one?). Probably not as big of a deal for timed runs that require end game characters, but for runs that require lvl15 characters, a 15 point stat boost in the primary stat is a big deal (I think about 4 damage or about 3% of damage for a mage). This is more than the stat boost one gains from Grand gemming one's gear. I know new gear may come out later in the season making this not an issue, but if not, I have to strongly object. This may prevent people who want to compete in these runs later in the season from doing so. I know a few people may have spent some time putting up records this weekend, but I think STS should wipe all records that were set over the weekend event to keep everything fair for people later in the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    I don't know and I questioned this (see below). I am just raising a concern and opening a line of discussion. Isn't that what forums are for???
    I'm pretty sure new twink gear will be here sooner then later. Otherwise whats the point of people of lower level farming these new portals. Whether or not its better then tarlok we will have to see. And nothing wrong with discussing it on the forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

There will be a spring event coming, new mythics gears will also be released then same goes with new gears for all levels as what remiem said in mods hangout .. Plus the time records set now I think is still beatable .. As for the end gamers atleast

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Join dm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Hard to speculate what new gear will be like. I mean at lower levels the thresh hold between tarlok gear of say 10 is prolly better than other legendary gear of few levels higher. So new better gear might widen the overlap. I'm not saying I'm against new better gear but when is too much too much?

Back to topic one could speculate they will reintroduce temp stat vanities later in season also which would be nice to make a small weekend event

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Let's hope it's not "better" than tarlok but different. Tarlok seemed all damage oriented, and in most cases is the only armor/helm for twinks that has a damage stat. How about they release something now that's more defensive oriented. Or they could go a different route completely and do weapons or rings, instead of helms, armor and amulets. Considering tarlok has only been out a short time, I don't know that it would be wise to render it useless already. You may have a lot of annoyed people who invested a lot of money in those items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

*phew* I was about to bring this same thing up, but I stopped it up,

Because ,

The new itemization system will bring new items which gives better stats to Players , Indeed better than circlet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I thought the same, but it seems that they dont plan. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...y-with-stats!!

However, if you compare last season times, http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...rboard+winners all better than now with flowers, so there is no record now which cant be beaten.