Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Timed runs with flower circlet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

We don't even have legendary jewelry yet for this season, so it may or may not be relevant.

Rav is right though, the pet spamming fix will call for a wipe of the boards anyways, so it would make sense to just do it once when that gets here.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    I would expect the entire timed board to be reset after pet spam fix.
    Nobody spams pet for recs, lol

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

We do not currently have plans to wipe or alter leaderboards due to the Mother's Day Circlet.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Considering there was nothing done for PvE and CTF flags capture leaderboards after their fixes (which actually crippled anyone from ever reaching those now), of course there won't be any actions taken for the sake of a much smaller issue like circlet's +15 main stat.

And rav is correct, there's been a lot of pet spamming in the last three campaigns' timed runs on elite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    And rav is correct, there's been a lot of pet spamming in the last three campaigns' timed runs on elite.
    This is just your opinion and its not true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    This is just your opinion and its not true.
    I'm sorry but I've discussed and played with most of the elite record holders and I've seen their tactics - specifically, a large part of the warriors would moderately spam sam on banishable mob clusters and kelvin/george on bosses. Now I'm not going to argue if and how these methods are cheap because timed runs are not of any interest to me. However, this would also explain the uneven/abnormal time gaps when comparing pure with elixir runs in some maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I'm sorry but I've discussed and played with most of the elite record holders and I've seen their tactics - specifically, a large part of the warriors would moderately spam sam on banishable mob clusters and kelvin/george on bosses. Now I'm not going to argue if and how these methods are cheap because timed runs are not of any interest to me. However, this would also explain the uneven/abnormal time gaps when comparing pure with elixir runs in some maps.
    What elite record holders are these? Here is the list:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...rboard-Winners!

And for the most part its the same few people with some exceptions and I've played with all of these people. I'm on 16 out of 31 pure elite maps, 24 of 31 enhanced maps. I don't see your name anywhere on these recs. So I think I know a little more then you do how these recs are set. So just because the people you play with spam Samael, doesn't mean we do this to set recs. And you have to ask yourself, if we are beating people who are spamming Samael, then why are people wasting their time doing this. So you don't know what you are talking about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    I thought the same, but it seems that they dont plan. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...y-with-stats!!

However, if you compare last season times, http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...rboard+winners all better than now with flowers, so there is no record now which cant be beaten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    We do not currently have plans to wipe or alter leaderboards due to the Mother's Day Circlet.
    Thank you for you prompt response. It probably won't make too much of a difference this time for reasons as Haligali outlined above, but I think it is something you should keep in mind if you are planning on hosting similar events with temporary stat boosts. I am just trying to help you to prevent another season one timed leaderboard debacle from happening again (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Thank-you-sts!). Thank you everyone for your input.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    And you have to ask yourself, if we are beating people who are spamming Samael, then why are people wasting their time doing this.
    rofl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

In order to spam sam, the player spamming has to stop hitting the mobs, and their sam is busy being re-summoned, so he's not hitting them either. When you remove a player's damage AND their pet's damage from a team on a 5% chance of banishing, you are pretty much guaranteed to have a slower run. Same goes for spamming ribbit etc. In order to achieve fast times, you need every team member hitting, and hitting hard.

I know of some people who have tried to spam to get recs, I highly doubt that any of them ended up with banners last season. Still, would only be fair to wipe the boards after that fix. It would not hurt anything, since right now so many people are bored that motivation to re-set some times would be good, no matter the cause.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

and why is that? lol. i really dont understand why u came up with these flower thingy. lower level time run records will be unbreakable since +15 is ridiculous, for low level. this is a big joke. and you are not planning to wipe the records made over the weekend? then there will be no competition in timerun then. even if you have arcane pet. not everyone can afford it, or even if theres new item . still cant beat the +15 dex/int/str. we just want a fair competition. hope you make a plan for this

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xlovableaze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Well, I was willing to let it go since for a while the records were still slower than last season's, but now the enhanced hauntlet time is almost one second faster than last season's record, theoretically using the same gear except for the circlet.... I hope you are keeping an eye on this sts and keeping an open mind or at least have some sort of solution in mind.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xlovableaze:1639955
    and why is that? lol. i really dont understand why u came up with these flower thingy. lower level time run records will be unbreakable since +15 is ridiculous, for low level. this is a big joke. and you are not planning to wipe the records made over the weekend? then there will be no competition in timerun then. even if you have arcane pet. not everyone can afford it, or even if theres new item . still cant beat the +15 dex/int/str. we just want a fair competition. hope you make a plan for this

Maybe fathers day will have the same or similar buff.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Well, I was willing to let it go since for a while the records were still slower than last season's, but now the enhanced hauntlet time is almost one second faster than last season's record, theoretically using the same gear except for the circlet.... I hope you are keeping an eye on this sts and keeping an open mind or at least have some sort of solution in mind.
    Adding to this, these guys had no idea how to run hauntlet until we told them what to do and skill build, so i dont mind if the complete leaderboard is wiped now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

You should take into consideration that twinks weren't meant for the leaderboards anyways... Asking to revamp the leaderboards because of this is just the same as asking for the flag update not to affect twinks. If the level cap was 10-20 or something, and we had this same issue, I'm sure there would have been a revamp.

Lol@twinks
    Last edited by Instanthumor; 05-16-2014 at 04:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

I just know many twinks said that twinks on leaderboard hauntlet runner X_X

Trust me, I thought all of leaderboard records include hauntlet runner is end level character (lvl 41) with mythic and arcane..
    But.. Many people said that twinks beat hauntlet runner,

Where is the problem?

More than half leaderboard records is end level character, lvl 41,
    Few people under lvl 17 (twinks) trying make records on hauntlet run, So?
    So you think these twinks can only beat LeaderBoard hauntlet run without efforts and planning strategy? (appreciate their efforts)

Can twinks beat elite? (even cannot join from party)
    Beat PvE? (they must be level up firstly and do not disable xp gain)

I'm not judging anyone here, And even my twinks doesn't close to hauntlet LeaderBoard.
    Just asking where is the problem if low lvl get their name on LB?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Considering there was nothing done for PvE and CTF flags capture leaderboards after their fixes (which actually crippled anyone from ever reaching those now), of course there won't be any actions taken for the sake of a much smaller issue like circlet's +15 main stat.

this is not true, who u saw in lb timed that spam pets? .....Zzzzz false acusations as always ..people get your facts right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kreasadriii View Post
    I just know many twinks said that twinks on leaderboard hauntlet runner X_X

Trust me, I thought all of leaderboard records include hauntlet runner is end level character (lvl 41) with mythic and arcane..
    But.. Many people said that twinks beat hauntlet runner,

Where is the problem?

More than half leaderboard records is end level character, lvl 41,
    Few people under lvl 17 (twinks) trying make records on hauntlet run, So?
    So you think these twinks can only beat LeaderBoard hauntlet run without efforts and planning strategy? (appreciate their efforts)

Can twinks beat elite? (even cannot join from party)
    Beat PvE? (they must be level up firstly and do not disable xp gain)

I'm not judging anyone here, And even my twinks doesn't close to hauntlet LeaderBoard.
    Just asking where is the problem if low lvl get their name on LB?
    u know what the problem is? dont comment here lol. u dont know what we talking about here man. were talking of an item(vanity) with +15 primary stats which is big difference from a normal one. and we are just asking for a wipe of records made over the weekend . if they want to have a competition in timeruns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Adding to this, these guys had no idea how to run hauntlet until we told them what to do and skill build, so i dont mind if the complete leaderboard is wiped now.
    ikr. lol . idk why u taught them :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xlovableaze View Post
    ikr. lol . idk why u taught them :P

Was a mistake, lession learned