Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AO3 Boss Strategies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Plothozz is easy for a group of mages. I was in one last night and we were spamming heal and sharing aggro. I also finally was in a party where a bear could tank and hold aggro. My advice is to not attempt him until the party is close to level 45. When I see a bunch of people in the 30s I just leave because I know we won't beat him. They're too low to do any damage assuming they can hit him in the first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

OMG, level 30s on Plothozz. No wonder. LOL. Sry, I was assuming all appropriate levels. Apparently I don't hang with low level groups. Lowest level I saw recently in Ao3 was probably a level 43 on my search for Quest npc.

Mages are great. I have no idea why people find Plothozz hard.

As far as I can tell, Keeper shield timer does not start at cut scene. It looks like he triggers but he doesn't. He stays still. If he comes to you, then yes, he's triggered. Start killing him. He's so easy now though that I don't even really care if his shield goes on once. He can still die with his shield up.

I have some people I play with late night (for me). They don't speak English very well. Chinese I think. Some are Koreans and there's also a group of Japanese. The Japanese speak better English but I haven't seen the whole group of them in awhile. We used to do a lot of Ao2, which was great fun. The others can speak English but try to keep to simple words, like boss, gather, rush, clear, keeper, gurg, OL, pot. The ones I play with already know how to play. It's new joiners who don't. So I'll do the talking if needed. They don't care as long as the running is still fast. Otherwise watch out: they know what the BOOT button does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Absolutely get what you're saying. I surely don't mean to suggest that everyone that plays between those hours is a 'tard or something, by any means. I've gotten plenty of good groups at that time. I just find that personally, I have a better chance at getting into a well oiled group during daylight US times and that's something that could probably be chalked up to my lack of speaking the prevalent languages of the 3-6am EST time period. :LOL:

I'm starting to meet more folks in the game that are serious players as opposed to casual folks who happened to have hit the cap so that's helping out a bit too.
    Claypool - 50 - Dual Warbird ||| Ketaset - 50 - Dual Pally ||| Dhitb - 12 - Farmer ||| Furthur - 12 - Farmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up AO3 Boss Strategies

Thanks for sharing this, I haven't run these bosses yet, still only lvl 45, but at least now when I do I won't be a total noob.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great and very useful guide - a general AO3 Boss strategy (against normal bosses like Keeper, Pl'thozz, T'Paxx, etc.) wouldn't be too bad either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guolin View Post
    Great and very useful guide - a general AO3 Boss strategy (against normal bosses like Keeper, Pl'thozz, T'Paxx, etc.) wouldn't be too bad either.
    There's no strategy to them so I didn't bother. For Keeper, you want to kill him before his shield goes up. This means everyone is spamming their skills.