Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Juggernaut or vengeful blood? Or both?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primeblades View Post
    But without ss you are missing out on feeble, isn't that how rogues kill so quickly? Because they can crit with aimshot and deal 250% more damage? I'm just speculating, I don't know much about this stuff that's why i created this thread
    Indeed you are correct - you will miss out on feeble. Don't get me wrong, I find CS to be a great, all-encompassing skill for warriors. But it does unfortunately have a weak range for striking your targets (plus it is a directional skill). Also, the feeble debuff has a very short duration - test it on a buddy some time in PvP. You will see that most warrior debuffs from skills last about 1-2 seconds :/ The optimal set up would be to CS/Axe Throw the rogue to chain debuff and keep them from stacking crits.
    Last edited by Taejo; 05-19-2014 at 11:11 AM.
    Geunin / Cheonje
    Proud Member of <Elite Runners>

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Indeed you are correct - you will miss out on feeble. Don't get me wrong, I find CS to be a great, all-encompassing skill for warriors. But it does unfortunately have a weak range for striking your targets (plus it is a directional skill). Also, the feeble debuff has a very short duration - test it on a buddy some time in PvP. You will see that most warrior debuffs from skills last about 1-2 seconds :/ The optimal set up would be to CS/Axe Throw the rogue to chain debuff and keep them from stacking crits.
    2 seconds of feeble is all I need, cs takes 3 seconds to reload which gives the rogue a 1 second window to hit a critical unless I miss also I have seen a lot of warriors use skyward smash, I want something unique. I like the idea of using cs and axe throw, that would be a total rogue killer build am I right? Cs with the percentage of knock back and axe throw with pull would be a great combo if you don't want your rogue friend to get his packs. Also the feeble combo and the high damage both cs and axe throw have could obliterate rogues. I have never used this build but you just sparked an idea in my mind tell me what you think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Its important to be able to stay close to rogue. Hard to do with just axe. In theory cs/at would be the best but ss really helps you stay on em.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stoba View Post
    Its important to be able to stay close to rogue. Hard to do with just axe. In theory cs/at would be the best but ss really helps you stay on em.
    Hmmm? I've been in hiatus for 6 months, but axe throw hasn't changed, has it? Should still pull the rogue to you. Back when windmill was bugged (season 2 I think), axe throw/WM = dead player, hehe.
    Geunin / Cheonje

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Real easy for rogue to get some distance after sam stun and 7 sec cooldown. With ss you dont have to chase after you pull em in, can just hop right to them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoba For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I believe this thread is about jugg vs vb, sorry to derail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Yea I agree Stoba distance is bad for a warrior but most players in level 23 bracket don't have Sams. I don't believe axe throw has changed, when warriors use it on me they pull me, and I rarely ever see anyone using windmill -.- just dosent happen anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stoba View Post
    I believe this thread is about jugg vs vb, sorry to derail.
    True...

My opinion is Juggernaut over VB. Many will disagree with me (waits for Crowsfoot to enter the room ...) I choose Juggernaut because I am a pure tank who plays defensively and rarely solos or PvPs. While I do not agree with the cool down length of Juggernaut, and have also, countless times, suggested that the initial heal be changed to a +% heal to account for our higher levels/hp pools, I do find the immunity to movement impairments and the damage reduction advantageous in elite maps (and PvP). I also spec the taunt upgrade for Juggernaut, because after a year of playing, my taunt rhythm includes it - although this expansion's bosses seem much more randomized in their attack sequences. Nothing compared to the Nintendo-level mechanics of Nordr bosses.
    Geunin / Cheonje

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    True...

My opinion is Juggernaut over VB. Many will disagree with me (waits for Crowsfoot to enter the room ...) I choose Juggernaut because I am a pure tank who plays defensively and rarely solos or PvPs. While I do not agree with the cool down length of Juggernaut, and have also, countless times, suggested that the initial heal be changed to a +% heal to account for our higher levels/hp pools, I do find the immunity to movement impairments and the damage reduction advantageous in elite maps (and PvP). I also spec the taunt upgrade for Juggernaut, because after a year of playing, my taunt rhythm includes it - although this expansion's bosses seem much more randomized in their attack sequences. Nothing compared to the Nintendo-level mechanics of Nordr bosses.
    Given the choice of one, jugg. I thought I was clear that VB was not a necessity as jugg is in certain maps. None the less, VB is the best buff skill in game and should be taken full advantage of.

PvP wise, you will never land a large amount if kills without VB. Additionally, jugg is largely uneeded for twinks. However, my end game PvP spec does have both skills speced.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Thanks guys this has been super helpful! You guys are great and I love you all for helping me out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Given the choice of one, jugg. I thought I was clear that VB was not a necessity as jugg is in certain maps. None the less, VB is the best buff skill in game and should be taken full advantage of.

PvP wise, you will never land a large amount if kills without VB. Additionally, jugg is largely uneeded for twinks. However, my end game PvP spec does have both skills speced.
    Agreed with all of the above!
    Geunin / Cheonje

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

VB for the win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Thumbs up

try this jugg,ss,cs,horn as for killing use dws for crit proc..better to stay alive and your teams.
    ..being a good tanker youll earn a lot of respects

but if you choose vb use storm sword for +25str proc. that also helps you to stay alive.and for pet maybe ripmaw,glacian is good tanking pet.if you choose vb make sure you have a lot armor..a warrior with a full dmg is a newbie i guess
    my fav.tank and the best tanker i ever met is nostek lvl 17he can tank me and we can stay alive even 4vs2.
    ofc we lost but before they killed us it took almost 5mins.no exageration
    Last edited by uunknownn; 05-29-2014 at 02:01 AM.
    rogue(crocodiile)level 23

17. The Following User Says Thank You to uunknownn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I interchange it with SM and like it. On end game levels I find myself using both (VB and Jugg) when the mobs get tighter and more frequent. The only hang up is having only one attack ( I use HOR). But when going get tough, it's nice to have to both.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to manhands For This Useful Post: