Thread: While we are on the elite subject

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Default While we are on the elite subject

How bout while the clock hasn't started in elite maps making it where any elixir is paused also? Would be a huge help when we are waiting on people to join map...just a suggestion, may have been made before, but thought I'd add it in here.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Twomucho For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

+1 Best idea ever, this feature alone would have me doing elites some more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Great Idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

I'd rather see mobs no longer be immune to stun/banish in elite tindirin (especially komodos)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    I'd rather see mobs no longer be immune to stun/banish in elite tindirin (especially komodos)
    No sir, I disagree! The maps have already had their difficulty taken down when serpents and komodos were made rootable and snarable. There were also silent nerfs on various bosses like making Rendtail's mob vulnerable to knockdown, stun and ice or removing Arachna's "aftermob" - not to mention the effect of the red zones being shortened and extra seconds added in attack sequences to compensate for latency. Parking techniques, counting and killing the precise number of mobs needed, skipping mobs; I think we are at a good point of how hard an elite map should be at the moment.

@OP:
    Helpful yes, unneeded though. If you're going to run elites with any group then good preparation is key. Just ask if everyone's ready in party chat and after their responses proceed in joining the map - letting them know that you are inside helps too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    No sir, I disagree! The maps have already had their difficulty taken down when serpents and komodos were made rootable and snarable. There were also silent nerfs on various bosses like making Rendtail's mob vulnerable to knockdown, stun and ice or removing Arachna's "aftermob" - not to mention the effect of the red zones being shortened and extra seconds added in attack sequences to compensate for latency. Parking techniques, counting and killing the precise number of mobs needed, skipping mobs; I think we are at a good point of how hard an elite map should be at the moment.

@OP:
    Helpful yes, unneeded though. If you're going to run elites with any group then good preparation is key. Just ask if everyone's ready in party chat and after their responses proceed in joining the map - letting them know that you are inside helps too.
    I think what OP meant was when running with PUG.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

@OP:
    I'd like to see parking removed and I heard at one point it would be patched out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

+1

i wished when i waiting in km3 for the ppls join " a icon can be onn - off elixir " while wait we can off and on run can onn "

but its not a good idea thats why didnt thinked it seriously...

but your idea is good.. on elite or timing maps hmm +10 to your great idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Briliatn idea ^^
    Agreed with you, wasting elixir while waiting the other elite friends is make disadvantage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

@OP:
    That's great if you never want to run pugs

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    I'd like to see parking removed and I heard at one point it would be patched out.
    The logic in which carapace mentioned that parking is flawed is very likely to produce a patch that will probably affect only a part of possible parking techniques. And judging by the delays in patching anything that is not directly related to platinum spending.. parking won't be going anywhere for a good while lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    That's great if you never want to run pugs
    What elites would a serious player run in PUG's? One of the main purposes of joining a guild is doing things together; includes receiving support in cases like elite maps (ok and the cheaper potions too). The few PUG's I've been into in elites are full of unorganized, inexperienced players who haven't quite grasped what elite means - not doing that ever again.

If someone's so cautious with not wasting elixirs, he/she should know how parties work. In my opinion, at least.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

The logic in which carapace mentioned that parking is flawed is very likely to produce a patch that will probably affect only a part of possible parking techniques. And judging by the delays in patching anything that is not directly related to platinum spending.. parking won't be going anywhere for a good while lol.

What elites would a serious player run in PUG's? One of the main purposes of joining a guild is doing things together; includes receiving support in cases like elite maps (ok and the cheaper potions too). The few PUG's I've been into in elites are full of unorganized, inexperienced players who haven't quite grasped what elite means - not doing that ever again.

If someone's so cautious with not wasting elixirs, he/she should know how parties work. In my opinion, at least.
    I happen to find pugs ones of the greatest parts of these MMOs created by spacetime. The best way to meet people through gameplay and not socializing. But you're right... its all but been destroyed in Arcane Legends. Thus, nobody does it. You say pugs suck and you won't run them... I say pugs suck BECAUSE experienced players won't run them.

But this is a lot deeper than just the elixir tick.
    Last edited by Rare; 05-19-2014 at 12:14 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

+1, will save me lots of time.
    I was crazy before it was fashionable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I've been at Republic of Indonesia guild since I started playing last September. My guildies rarely run elite maps so usually I can only depend on PUGs. I'm not gonna join another guild just because I wanna run elite maps or maybe PvP. For me, my guild is like my family (and it might be the same case as OP's). So I literally just gave up on elite maps, lol.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    I happen to find pugs ones of the greatest parts of these MMOs created by spacetime. The best way to meet people through gameplay and not socializing. But you're right... its all but been destroyed in Arcane Legends. Thus, nobody does it. You say pugs suck and you won't run them... I say pugs suck BECAUSE experienced players won't run them.

But this is a lot deeper than just the elixir tick.
    From season 2 to 4 I ran PUGs quite often. However from season 5 and onward I stopped running in PUGs because the gear gap is too large. And the way the maps are designed from season 5 and onward, its pretty much either you don't die or plat revive is needed. Because the run back on these maps is quite long if you die and some people can't make it back. My guess is Elite Wilds is this season's PUG map but I tried to join a PUG and the people who showed up were seriously undergeared. So I just left because I didn't want to be there 30 mins. However between season 2 and 4 I met a lot of good people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Still think that this could be a major help to all players...talk to many in game who agree with a paused elixir system before elite clock begins, just hope it gets a little attention

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I'll +1 anything that stretches my elixir value a bit further. And even when you do have an organized party and everyone appears to be ready, you still have those stragglers.

would also be great if the elixir clock would stop after the boss is dead.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yeah, I agree with you. So should km3 and other maps with time do too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Good idea