Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Balancing The Current Meta

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcorexd View Post
    I feel that bears them self are weak if it weren't for the dodge because there's only like one beckon to use in 56 to pull or root bird in 12m if u nerf savage set bear and buffed to 40-50, then don't even talk about the dodge in 56 it would become bears being eaten.
    Bears? WEAK? Nope.
    You don't know what exactly you are talking about. Yes, generally, strength chars in many MMOs have a lot of dodge, but here it becomes insane. They aren't supposed to be high damaged with a ton of dodge. How do you think bears in the past did?

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    Bears? WEAK? Nope.
    You don't know what exactly you are talking about. Yes, generally, strength chars in many MMOs have a lot of dodge, but here it becomes insane. They aren't supposed to be high damaged with a ton of dodge. How do you think bears in the past did?
    If a bear cannot hit beckon in 56 and no dodge they're weak I think the skills bear has is messed up

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcorexd View Post
    If a bear cannot hit beckon in 56 and no dodge they're weak I think the skills bear has is messed up
    Nope. Youre wrong.
    Many classes, save for bird usually go to 8m range for many skills, letting the beat hit HS to come in. And usually good bears have a way of hitting beckon.
    Also, did it say anywhere in this thread to remove the bears dodge completely? The bear should have a noticeable amount more dodge than other classes, it being str based class, but now its gone way too far.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    Nope. Youre wrong.
    Many classes, save for bird usually go to 8m range for many skills, letting the beat hit HS to come in. And usually good bears have a way of hitting beckon.
    Also, did it say anywhere in this thread to remove the bears dodge completely? The bear should have a noticeable amount more dodge than other classes, it being str based class, but now its gone way too far.
    Wow please. There's no skill in beckon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

You guys are just looking at the 1vs1 side I think bear is fine it's just savage look at fiery mage in ctf when bird roots mage just simply triple kill and bird shat blast sometimes double sometimes triple while bears h's or blind=useless

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Micah
    You put a lot of thought and effort into this tread and it's wonderful that you are trying to better the community.

However I find that it is sending out misinformation. Many of which has already been discussed and I don't need to reiterate.

I would like to see you spend some time at end game and see how that might change your thoughts or give you more insight.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    Micah
    You put a lot of thought and effort into this tread and it's wonderful that you are trying to better the community.

However I find that it is sending out misinformation. Many of which has already been discussed and I don't need to reiterate.

I would like to see you spend some time at end game and see how that might change your thoughts or give you more insight.
    I appreciate it, and I understand. It seems I only understand what's wrong from a broad perspective on balance in general, and am in no place to be commenting on the particulars of end game. While I do think I have a few leads, it doesn't seem that it's enough for me to make any sweeping statements about balance particularly at end game.

Unfortunately, as much as I would love to put in the effort to trying out end game and dedicating time to a more useful balance thread, I just don't have the time at this point in life. Admittedly I'm already (only slightly) behind on a couple of assignments from the work I've put into this thread. As much as I'd like to help, I think I'll have to leave this job for someone else. I just don't have what it takes right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

By the way, I re-edited my thread to remove the misleading information about hit percentage. To my knowledge now, it is completely accurate, but simply not specific enough to change anything without going to more drastic measures. Let me know if there's anything ya'll would still take issue with!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Micah u truly did a great job, I salute u buddy! It was one of the best reads on here in a long time. Even though I don't really pvp to truely understand the indept mechanics like u and others, I do ctf a lot so I pick up a few things here and there. If I did have a suggestion on pvp balance, I'd take dodge of savage first. I don't mind at all being a savage bear. It is pretty high. Been pveing for 3 yrs, it's the best set to come along ever, but in pvp, ctf it pretty much is the defining flaw. To make it short, I do get wordy sometimes, my 3 suggestions to pvp balance is nerf savage dogde, give mages and birds more health, add it to int, fiery or dex, swift sets a bonus or something. I'd suggest 200 to 250. That way they stay alive longer. Bears has massive stuns to counter. Lasty, and yes of course, I agree on the crit reduction. Again, great work micah.
    Last edited by killinclaw; 05-22-2014 at 10:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

Just finished re-reading over lunch.

Trying to find a nice way to say this, but you're biting off too much. We're looking for specific changes, not rebalancing everything or making sweeping changes to how skills work. We all acknowledge that Pocket Legends balance is well, not very balanced. There are huge swings in power in the game. It was the Studios first mobile game and yeah, we've learned from that. That being said, we're not looking to go back and re-do skills from the ground up. Might as well get started on PL2, ya know?

So, can we pull this back to specific, end game things? Like nurf Savage sets by specifically taking X off them.

Thanks!
    These are my suggestions on the sets, These stats are without any rings/buffs.
    Savage set scythe set:
    40 dodge.
    300 armor
    750 Health
    200-250 Damage
    45 crit unbuffed
    Regen fine as is.

Fiery Wand set:
    Hit% 150
    10 dodge
    275-300 damage
    265 armor
    450 health
    Regen and crit are fine.

Swift Elite Bow set:
    Hit %200
    Crit 90
    Dodge 15unbuffed 40 Buffed
    501 Health
    200 armor
    375-400 Damage

These were just my suggestions, These could be changed a little but i think this would help the endgame PVP problems.

"Never mess with a man that can end you, from a different zip code."-Sniper

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

Just finished re-reading over lunch.

Trying to find a nice way to say this, but you're biting off too much. We're looking for specific changes, not rebalancing everything or making sweeping changes to how skills work. We all acknowledge that Pocket Legends balance is well, not very balanced. There are huge swings in power in the game. It was the Studios first mobile game and yeah, we've learned from that. That being said, we're not looking to go back and re-do skills from the ground up. Might as well get started on PL2, ya know?

So, can we pull this back to specific, end game things? Like nurf Savage sets by specifically taking X off them.

Thanks!
    if you guys were to make a PL2, that would be interesting.
    and if you are able to combine that with the current PL server, that would be even better, so people wouldn't have to start from scratch again, basically the PL u guys are running at the moment, but then updated.

a few days ago, i have downloaded AL, and i must say if PL had the same content, it would be really AWESOME!
    I liked the music of AL, and the map layouts are nice too, also the NPC's that actually move and talk are really cool, I wish PL was like this, it would make it the best MMORPG in my opinion althoug i'm not gonna spend my time on AL since i'll be supporting PL till the end, so if you guys ever plan on making a PL2 i would be pleased to play it!
    Timelife & Partys & Tendrillz & Blessedbeast & Displayin & Bannin & Eggsies & Pandabehr