Thread: Guild donation/storage box?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Default Guild donation/storage box?

I always have a ton of extra gear and eggs that I want to give to guildmates but don't always end up being on at the same times as those that need it.

With a guild storage anything a guild member wants to donate can be put in here and members that need it can take it when they need it. Although to prevent new members from just joining guilds to clear the storage, there would have to be a way for the master to change which members can open it (recruiters, officers, etc).

Thoughts or comments?
    Last edited by Wutzgood; 05-20-2014 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Misspelled title

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

It's been suggested before; and while it is certainly a useful function for guilds and proves to be rather successful in other, major MMOs, I really don't think AL's community is trustworthy for such an implementation. Call me a jerk for saying it, but there's too many immature players and scammers who play this game and are expected to exploit the system and rip off the entire guild stash. Sure, you can implement certain security measures that only the GM can control; but trust me, this system will just manifest more scamming and annoying threads to read on the forum. That's my pessimistic point of view - please take no offense. For the time being, gifting and using guild forums/chats is sufficient enough to donate gear.

The less significant argument would be that STS makes a few bucks off stash slots (cost plat). I guess you could make the guild stash also cost plat - but the above arguments are still valid.
    Geunin / Cheonje
    Proud Member of <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    It's been suggested before; and while it is certainly a useful function for guilds and proves to be rather successful in other, major MMOs, I really don't think AL's community is trustworthy for such an implementation. Call me a jerk for saying it, but there's too many immature players and scammers who play this game and are expected to exploit the system and rip off the entire guild stash. Sure, you can implement certain security measures that only the GM can control; but trust me, this system will just manifest more scamming and annoying threads to read on the forum. That's my pessimistic point of view - please take no offense. For the time being, gifting and using guild forums/chats is sufficient enough to donate gear.

The less significant argument would be that STS makes a few bucks off stash slots (cost plat). I guess you could make the guild stash also cost plat - but the above arguments are still valid.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It would just be nice for the guild rookies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I don't think there should be a guild storage system. If you want to give something to a player but they're never on I think they should impliment an "Arlor Mail" system. Where you can send messages and items to another player through an npc messenger or drop boxes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Yes please to guild bank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Mail system was a whole thread on its own and imo was a good idea. Sry i dont have the link to that thread... On the train atm :-)

Sent from my youknowwhat using youknowwhich

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

very dangerous guild system if you asked me, rather than item being given to member how about gold donations/plat for certain Guild improvements.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree