Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Guild rankings - A glitched equation?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Default Guild rankings - A glitched equation?

STG,

Just a simple question and whatever the explanation it's something I've always suspected with the guild ranking system variable at the 'days active side'. Until today I don't think i had a footing to base my question on but here it is :

How is it that the newest guild is the most active at the 30 day mark, 15 day mark, and 7 day mark?

I thought i saw a post saying when the guild (Karma) was created, If I remember correctly, 3-4 days ago? I guess the equation just pushes the data across from the 1st day to the second day etc, but when you think about these categories logically, wouldn't it stand that a newly created guild (if they have enough aps to meet the top 50 guild rank threshold) should always be 50th place at the 30 day category since they haven;'t even been around for 30 days? Same goes for 15 days? It just came across as odd to me, I know I have a magnum title - I'm in no way doing this out of animosity, I think it's awesome they achieved so much by coming together and offer a big congratulations, but I do think it's odd they would be #1 in a category when they haven't even been around for that long.

Cheers!
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    STG,

Just a simple question and whatever the explanation it's something I've always suspected with the guild ranking system variable at the 'days active side'. Until today I don't think i had a footing to base my question on but here it is :

How is it that the newest guild is the most active at the 30 day mark, 15 day mark, and 7 day mark?

I thought i saw a post saying when the guild (Karma) was created, If I remember correctly, 3-4 days ago? I guess the equation just pushes the data across from the 1st day to the second day etc, but when you think about these categories logically, wouldn't it stand that a newly created guild (if they have enough aps to meet the top 50 guild rank threshold) should always be 50th place at the 30 day category since they haven;'t even been around for 30 days? Same goes for 15 days? It just came across as odd to me, I know I have a magnum title - I'm in no way doing this out of animosity, I think it's awesome they achieved so much by coming together and offer a big congratulations, but I do think it's odd they would be #1 in a category when they haven't even been around for that long.

Cheers!
    Explanation of the active % rankings here and here.

It's an indication of how active the guild members are, regardless of which guild(s) they may be in (or even not in a guild at all) during those periods (1d/3d/7d/15d/30d).
    Last edited by H2N; 05-21-2014 at 03:26 PM.
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com