Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: May Legends Producer's Letter - Arcane Legends Events, Dancing Trees and More!

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Updated with Mythic Weapon details.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Not sure if i hate this, or love it.
    I was crazy before it was fashionable.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ihateppl For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Excellent, all good updates! All items we have been requesting for a long time!

I like the exclusive vanity for 10m (or really 11.5m as I assume you cannot get the third achievement without the first two), this works as a good gold sink.

However, without any achievement points, the vanity set better look amazing to get people to spend their gold. So yes, some kind of special effect is a must. Might I suggest some kind of smoke or flames, the way some sets in Pocket Legends looked. People always liked the smoke and flames of the demonic, glyph and dragon vanity sets. And make those effects not cancel out any effects that your other gear underneath has, but add to it. Another idea would be to have some sort of gold sparkle effect like the Fortified Sets in PL, except maybe a bit more noticeable. This would fit with the whole "gold" theme.

Lastly, one suggestion I'll make about the sorcerer vanity set.... When using a rifle, sorcerers are at a much different angle than when using a staff, and many of the vanity sets that have a cape in the back (or a long coat) look very odd when using a rifle as the coat gets stretched kind of funny. So when using a gun, I always avoid wearing a vanity set with a cape or long coat, and instead tend to go for vanity sets like the founders sets that stay close to your body. They look much better. So my suggestion is to make the sorcerer set like that, because I can't see spending 10m on a set that I can't use with half of the weapon types that are out there.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Elondrian Recurve Bow
    It is a Mythic rarity level 41 Rogue weapon.

Attachment 89419

Attachment 89420

When you fire this bow, either normal or charged, it will heal you for 10% of the damage you deal per shot. This does not include other spells or abilities you may do while holding the bow – only normal or charged attacks.

When you fight with it, it also has a chance on attack to proc a large bushe which spawn randomly around the bow weilder. Standing (hiding?) in this bush will apply a heal over time effect and remove snare or stunned effects from allies. If you are crafty and draw your enemies through these magic bushes, they will put a damage over time effect on those enemies.
    Wow.

Hot damn.

Now THAT is what I call a good bow proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I also want to include some additional details about the Mythic Weapons that will be found in the mystical sylvan realm of Elondria during the Ursoth's Assault Event.

These weapons are still in development, but are mostly done. We welcome your feedback.

Elondrian Recurve Bow
    It is a Mythic rarity level 41 Rogue weapon.

Attachment 89419

Attachment 89420

When you fire this bow, either normal or charged, it will heal you for 10% of the damage you deal per shot. This does not include other spells or abilities you may do while holding the bow – only normal or charged attacks.

When you fight with it, it also has a chance on attack to proc a large bushe which spawn randomly around the bow weilder. Standing (hiding?) in this bush will apply a heal over time effect and remove snare or stunned effects from allies. If you are crafty and draw your enemies through these magic bushes, they will put a damage over time effect on those enemies.

Elondrian Bulwark
    Mythic rarity level 41 Warrior Sword 'n Shield weapon set.

Attachment 89421

Attachment 89422

The Elondrian Bulwark is a tanking weapon, designed to help the Warrior survive while their party members support them.

When you take damage while the Bulwark is equipped, you have a chance to summon a guardian spirit that will heal and protect you for a short period of time and then will move to assist nearby allies. While the spirit is actively guarding a player, that player will also receive a +20 to their primary stat buff. When the spirit leaves a player, it will grace them with a 6 second heal over time.

Elondrian Gnarled Rifle
    Mythic rarity level 41 Sorcerer Rifle.

Attachment 89423

Attachment 89424

Firing the rifle will energize the caster, returning 20% of the damage dealt to the player’s mana pool. This only affects normal and charged attacks, and not other spells cast while the rifle is equipped.

While firing the gun, it has a chance to proc gnarled roots, rooting the target and up to 5 nearby targets in place. The root effect reduces dodge of those enemies affected by 100% and armor by 25% for a short period of time. Magical gnarled roots are tenacious. When the effect wears off, there is the chance for them to spread to other nearby enemies.

There are a lot of other goodies to be had in the coming events, including unique and powerful pets, new armors, vanities and more as well as fun new bosses to fight to get them from!
    Thanks for the info but......

You have single handedly ruined the kershal in one blow. What a waste of my gold.

Perhaps you should concentrate on making the biggest flop in the game better than the gun. I'm honestly gobsmacked.

Selling kershal.

It's worth noting that the maul will still be more powerful than the new warrior weapon, as will the glaive. I know it's a different genre of weapon but the maul is now 10 levels old.... Kershal is 5.... Enough said.

Ps Ty for the other long awaited updates....
    Last edited by Joncheese; 05-22-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

haha, i love true tanking weapons, but 4 dex on the stats of the bullwark must be a typo or a joke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I agree, this new gun will obviously have considerably higher damage than the Kershal. The proc looks way better than the kershal. This gun gives 20% of damage returned as mana, where my Kershal has a "chance" to give +10 mana regen for 8 seconds (80 mana added). Then there is the root proc compared to a Kershal's small chance on charged attack to slow by 30%.

Only benefit of the Kershal is it will give 156 more health, but I don't see that as enough of a difference to keep the Kershal as the best sorcerer weapon. Maybe for PvE it will be best because of it's AoE normal attack, but for PvP the gun will be the weapon of choice.

Only way to change that is to totally change the way the Kershal procs work. I suggest scrapping everything about the Kershal's proc except the +60 INT. Then add some kind of stun and/or armor reduction proc. The proc would be the same for both charged and non-charged. The advantage of charging would be that it aims towards the enemy like a fireball, and the charged one should produce slightly more damage (not less) like every other weapon in the game. The procs would be the same both charged and non-charged.

Anything less than that and we can expect the Kershal to be finished after one season.

I really do like the new mythic weapons, but just as the Arcane Maul was the best warrior weapon even after the mythic glaive/bonesaw were released, the kershal should continue to be the best sorcerer weapon even after these level 41 mythic weapons are released.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 05-22-2014 at 05:51 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I agree, this new gun will obviously have considerably higher damage than the Kershal. The proc looks way better than the kershal. This gun gives 20% of damage returned as mana, where my Kershal has a "chance" to give +10 mana regen for 8 seconds (80 mana added). Then there is the root proc compared to a Kershal's small chance on charged attack to slow by 30%.

Only benefit of the Kershal is it will give 156 more health, but I don't see that as enough of a difference to keep the Kershal as the best sorcerer weapon. Maybe for PvE it will be best because of it's AoE normal attack, but for PvP the gun will be the weapon of choice.

Only way to change that is to totally change the way the Kershal procs work. I suggest scrapping everything about the Kershal's proc except the +60 INT. Then add some kind of stun and/or armor reduction proc. The proc would be the same for both charged and non-charged. The advantage of charging would be that it aims towards the enemy like a fireball, and the charged one should produce slightly more damage (not less) like every other weapon in the game. The procs would be the same both charged and non-charged.

Anything less than that and we can expect the Kershal to be finished after one season.
    STS you should pay attention to this. It's important.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    STS you should pay attention to this. It's important.......
    yes, the maul proc will keep the maul relevant probably even next season (4th) while the ker shal seems to be outclassed in his second season already. thats hardly fair to sorcs.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Why warrior mythic weapon don't have any return back on normal attacks?

via orange caramel app.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

New Gold Achievements and Vanity

For a while now, we have wanted to change up how the Gold Achievements are done. In their current incarnation, they provide incentive for players to trade very large sums of gold (10 to 100 Million) around to get the achievement. Unfortunately, such large sums of gold can bring out the worst in people as they might take off with it.

In a coming patch we will be removing the top three Gold Achievements (10 million, 50 million, 100 million). Characters with those achievements will retain the associated titles.

500k - 0 AP - Title Granted: "Gold Digger"
    1 million gold - 0 AP - Title Granted: "Made of Money"
    10 million gold - 0 AP - Title Granted: "Solid Gold" - Gold Vanity Set

Here is an early look at the Gold Vanity Set that will go along with the highest package.

Attachment 89402

There are still some particle effects to be added to the set (and of course the Sorcerer and Rogue versions to be made).

As you can see from the above, we have a lot of great stuff cooking for Arcane Legends. We really appreciate you spending some of your leisure time with Spacetime. I look forward to reading your feedback as well as bringing you more details about the coming events.

Will the people that ones had 10m get the vanity and achievement??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

*come by the sorc arcane weapon, it's good...... Honest it is*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Pretty cool updates. Thank you Samhayne. Would the new mythic weapons be lootable drops during the event ?
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 05-22-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

aaaaaaand rogues are back on top in pvp... oh well, the rest of us adapted once, don't dismiss us just yet nasty one shotters...

I must say I'm a little disappointed that skill switching has been removed from all aspects of the game. Switching in pvp I can understand because it's players AGAINST other players, but in pve we are working together so nobody is at a disadvantage. Any chance of removing switching from the pvp aspect (because lets face it, that's where the switching drama came up) and leave it in the pve part? No? Ok then... I suppose pleasing the majority is more important.

Very good patch, lots of changes that will be extremely beneficial to the gameplay. One question though, when it says the current gold aps will be removed, are we to assume that aps will now be reduced back to 17,650 instead of 17,950? (providing there aren't new aps)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

the new mythic rifle "Firing the rifle will energize the caster, returning 20% of the damage dealt to the player’s mana pool. This only affects normal and charged attacks, and not other spells cast while the rifle is equipped." Why do STS always give mana return even in kershal? Mages needs armor or heals process... that will be most useful our health point is as low as rogue in most cases.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to will0 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

The new mythic rifle "Firing the rifle will energize the caster, returning 20% of the damage dealt to the player’s mana pool. This only affects normal and charged attacks, and not other spells cast while the rifle is equipped." Why do STS always give mana return even in kershal? Mages needs armor or heals process... that will be most useful our health point is as low as rogue in most cases.

If it energize the caster, give the caster mana return this mana return should have extra effect like protective current to shield us from harm during PVE and PVP

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Terrific! Might just bring me back!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    *come by the sorc arcane weapon, it's good...... Honest it is*
    yes it s sad, i sold the ker shal from my mage alt already. dmg and bling are great, but proc and charged attack always felt crippled, compared to even the runic flare...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Sounds pretty good. Can't wait. However, have to say, not real keen on this npc and gold thing. Yeah ik is probably meant as gold sink but if i had a million gold, i dont think I'd buy that set. Then again, if i had ten million laying around and nothing to spend it on, maybe.

Can't wait for the rest of the changes. I know you said soon Sam, but in sts terms, soon could be months. Can you give us a better idea of when? Weeks, months, years??? :-P

Thanks again and looking forward to the changes.

Fyi luv the bow even though im sure i wont be lucky enough to get one.

I do agree with those above. Re: mage rifle, mages don't need mana, they need hp or armour buffs.

And really? Buffing wars with more hp AND a +20 buff...cmon! Maybe for pve purposes this will be great but in pvp.....get real.

Sent from my youknowwhat using youknowwhich
    Last edited by Kellhus; 05-22-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    the new mythic rifle "Firing the rifle will energize the caster, returning 20% of the damage dealt to the player’s mana pool. This only affects normal and charged attacks, and not other spells cast while the rifle is equipped." Why do STS always give mana return even in kershal? Mages needs armor or heals process... that will be most useful our health point is as low as rogue in most cases.
    Lets fix it, swap procs with mythic bow!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: