Thread: Solutions for Non-Existant Page when trying Free Platinum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default Solutions for Non-Existant Page when trying Free Platinum

Feel free to test these methods listed. Try the first before trying the second solution. If you are still facing problems, post here and I will try to help you. If you do not have a rooted device and still are having difficulty seeing the TapJoy list of offers, I can try to help you personally.

It seems TapJoy in itself is a huge ad.

If you have a rooted phone, it most likely has an adblocking script built in. If that is the case, you should come across this:

If so, this is what you can do.

SOLUTION 1:

If you have an app that blocks ads such as AdFree, this conflicts with the TapJoy Free Platinum link. Remove AdFree or any other ad blocking app you have and log onto Pocket Legends. If the TapJoy list of offers appears, you're good to go.

SOLUTION 2:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=741435

Follow this link, download BOTH enable and disable. KNOW where your download directory is, or else you will be lost looking for these later.

Download ROM Manager from the Android Market if you do not have it already. This app is essential to all rooted devices because of its versatility and usefulness.

If this is your first time using this app, Press Flash ClockworkMod Recovery and choose your the phone you have.

Then under ROM Management, select Install ROM from SD Card. Go to the directory where you downloaded your files. Mine is /download.

You will come across two files. One named desire-disable-adblock.zip and another named desire-enable-adblock.zip. We want to try desire-disable-adblock.zip.

You can choose to Backup your ROM in case anything goes wrong, I didn't since it's only adding a small script. But it's best to keep at least one recent Backup to flash.

WARNING: The option of Wiping Data and Cache clears your phone of all settings and makes it so that it came right out of the box. You will have to sign in with your Google account and download all app, games and customizations you had again. However, anything on your SD Card such as pictures and other files will remain. So will root status (as Superuser Permissions will still be in your application tray when you open it.) So

After selecting, you'll go into ClockworkMod Recovery and see all the automatic adjustments unfold. Your phone should reboot. Log onto Pocket Legends and see if that resolved your issue.

SOLUTION 3:

If you do not have Ad Blocking apps but you do have a rooted phone, here are some suggestions, but because the script command to turn on/off adblocker can be different for every ROM. I will try to list the most common...

Bugless Beast has a BB Toolkit where you can simply toggle on/off for many scripts, including ad blocking.

If your ROM did not come with an extra app for script controls, you need to go to Android Market and download Terminal Emulator made by Jack Palevich. It's free.

If you cannot find it on the market, here is a link to download it.

http://www.4shared.com/get/TIsdfdyS/...orProv317.html

It will download into your SD Card so know where your download directory is.

All rooted devices have an app called SuperUser Permissions. This along with Terminal Emulator allows you to control everything about your phone, through command scripts of course.

Once you open it, these are the commands to put in:

su (press enter)
    A # should show up now. Then type...
    adblock -off (press enter)

It should show you a message afterwords saying "Ad Blocking is off" and by the end, everything should look like the following

$ $su
    # adblock -off
    Ad Blocking is off
    #

The parts in bold red are the only commands you should have typed in.

If after all this, it says "not found", then that means the developer of your specific ROM has a different script in which you have to search for on the internet yourself.

Now try to open the Free Platinum link again in Pocket Legends. If you come across a list of apps and games, then everything was a success!

Credit to Justg for pointing in the right direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Do any of you guys have an application called AdFree installed?
    Credit to Sychobi and Beeblebrux for testing these methods from their rooted devices and providing feedback.
    Last edited by Junside; 12-29-2010 at 09:29 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Junside For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a rooted Nexus One running CyanogenMOD 6.1.1 (Android 2.1.1). I am getting the same error page as above. I tried uninstalling AdFree, clearing all cache, and re-flashing the rom. Unfortunately, nothing has worked so far...I did look up, just to make sure, whether Cyan has a built in Ad Blocker, but to no avail. There don't seem to be any such scripts in this rom (although I did try the suggested command in Terminal).
    If I downloaded the same programs that are on the TapJoy offer wall, without actually having access to it, will I still get the free Platinum? A friend (with a stock Verizon Incredible) has access to the offer wall page, and hasn't downloaded any of them yet, so I'm hoping I can download as he downloads and get the same results...free Platinum!
    Thanks for everyones help, btw! I love Pocket Legends! Everyone I know with an Android or (cr)Apple now has this game! (They just have free Platinum...)
    Last edited by Sychobi; 12-28-2010 at 08:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

Reporting That this did not work for me. When I typed the adblock command it returned "adblock: not found".

So, since the free plat still isn't working for me, I can only assume my rom has a different ad blocker. I am on a rooted samsung fascinate running a custom dj05 rom (stock dj05 kernel). I'm going to ask the developer of the rom over at xda about this ad blocker and see if he can tell me a way to disable it in his rom. If I find out anything to contribute to this, I'll report back.

Also, I'm in emails with tapjoy trying to resolve this with them as well, but they have been kind if useless so far.

I love this game and really want to see this issue resolved. I'm glad to see android users taking this into their own hands (in true android fashion).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sychobi View Post
    I have a rooted Nexus One running CyanogenMOD 6.1.1 (Android 2.1.1). I am getting the same error page as above. I tried uninstalling AdFree, clearing all cache, and re-flashing the rom. Unfortunately, nothing has worked so far...I did look up, just to make sure, whether Cyan has a built in Ad Blocker, but to no avail. There don't seem to be any such scripts in this rom (although I did try the suggested command in Terminal).
    If I downloaded the same programs that are on the TapJoy offer wall, without actually having access to it, will I still get the free Platinum? A friend (with a stock Verizon Incredible) has access to the offer wall page, and hasn't downloaded any of them yet, so I'm hoping I can download as he downloads and get the same results...free Platinum!
    Thanks for everyones help, btw! I love Pocket Legends! Everyone I know with an Android or (cr)Apple now has this game! (They just have free Platinum...)
    I read that CyanogenMod does not have any executable scripts at all. CyanogenMod is pretty much the most basic ROM but works for a lot of phones. And I don't think it will work if you just download the apps yourself. There must be something within Pocket Legends that sends the message that you clicked on the TapJoy offer and sends you platinum from with the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeblebrux View Post
    Reporting That this did not work for me. When I typed the adblock command it returned "adblock: not found".

So, since the free plat still isn't working for me, I can only assume my rom has a different ad blocker. I am on a rooted samsung fascinate running a custom dj05 rom (stock dj05 kernel). I'm going to ask the developer of the rom over at xda about this ad blocker and see if he can tell me a way to disable it in his rom. If I find out anything to contribute to this, I'll report back.

Also, I'm in emails with tapjoy trying to resolve this with them as well, but they have been kind if useless so far.

I love this game and really want to see this issue resolved. I'm glad to see android users taking this into their own hands (in true android fashion).
    When you get a reply, please post it here for future users. I'm sure xda has more knowledge than I do.

I'm going to look for a universal solution, it can't be that hard since they're all just scripts redirecting the ads to make it seem non-existent. I will continue to work on this myself to help everyone here.
    Last edited by Junside; 12-28-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I've done some googling and may have come across a solution. And yes it does require a tiny bit of work to get it activated, but I think this is the surefire solution we've been looking for.

I tried it myself but I'm getting strange results. Ads in other apps/games have disappeared, but I am still able to access TapJoy within Pocket Legends... which is a very good thing. Again, this means that this method is still experimental in relation to Pocket Legends. It won't mess up your phone or anything, you just might have unexpected results with some apps having no ads and Pocket Legends TapJoy still working. :P

So here's my next suggestion:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=741435

Follow this link, download BOTH enable and disable. KNOW where your download directory is, or else you will be lost looking for these later.

Download ROM Manager from the Android Market if you do not have this already. This app is essential to all rooted devices.

If this is your first time using this app, Press Flash ClockworkMod Recovery and choose your device.

Then under ROM Management, select Install ROM from SD Card. Go to the directory where you downloaded your files. Mine is /download.

You will come across two files. One named desire-disable-adblock.zip and desire-enable-adblock.zip. We want to try desire-disable-adblock.zip.

You can choose to Backup your ROM in case anything goes wrong, I didn't since it's only adding a small script. But it's best to keep at least one recent Backup to flash.

After selecting, you'll go into ClockworkMod Recovery and see all the automatic adjustments unfold. Your phone should reboot.

Now try going into Pocket Legends and try it again. If it works, then that means I won't have to write short essay posts anymore.

Make sure your try other app/games that you know has ads. Some I have are Sketch Online and Linlinks Online.

Again, I need testers with rooted phones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, time for some test updates...

The most recent suggestion seems to have fixed my issue. I can now access the TapJoy offer wall.

Word of advice, however, to anyone else testing this solution. Make sure when installing from the ROM manager, you do not check the box to clear data and cache, unless you are aware of the fact that your phone will boot as if it was newly flashed with no previous settings or apps installed.

Other than that small mistake (I'm in the process of re-downloading apps and fixing all my previous settings), everything else works great. Thanks Junside for your help! You're a prime example of how forums like these actually work without the help of moderators...

I'll continue to stick around in case this solution doesn't work for everyone. I can flash other ROMs to test other solutions if needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

lol that's why I did not mention that part. But maybe now I should. Glad to hear you can now get free platinum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default No solution has worked

Ok my problem might be slightly different as I don't get the error page, but instead I get a pure white screen.. that's it.. no error, no opening of my browser, nothing, just a white page when I click that button.

I've tried making sure my default Internet application is the default by removing the default settings from Dolphin Browser thinking that was the problem. I've enabled pop-ups within dolphin (Though dolphin doesn't seem to be loading either when it was the default).

I've tried the Terminal emulator to remove ad-block.. Not found, which is to be expected since I'm running a STOCK rom, with no Adblock scripts. (Specifically SteelH Rev I 1.2, which is just a plain Stock ROM, nothing added or removed except the new gingerbread keyboard).

This is on an HTC Evo, with all current updates etc.. if it's a time related thing, I tried at 1:50am EST, so maybe it'll fix itself later?

I've not seen anyone else post about a pure blank white screen (Plus notification bar of course). Oh and I run Powerstrip so I checked which app was running and it still showed PocketLegends as the currently focused app, so I don't think the handoff to the browser is actually happening.

EDIT: FIXED! Anyone else who happens to be running SteelH's ROM (Version I.2 only) it seems the HOSTS file was in fact blocking ads (Version I.1 and below are fine). Using the suggested fix from xda above (The flashing of the remove ad-block zip) works just fine. Or you can just edit the HOSTS file yourself if you know how. Make sure to wipe Dalvik and Cache if you use Suggestion #1... otherwise you might lose internet connectivity entirely until you wipe them (Learned the hard way)
    Last edited by DroidGnome; 12-29-2010 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Fixed Issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

So you're saying I must clear data and cache? I didn't and my connection is fine.

But anyway, good to hear your issue was fixed, and on your own too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im on android and also get this error when i choose an app it just tells me that it cant be found but some of them worked i really want it to be fixed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junside View Post
    So you're saying I must clear data and cache? I didn't and my connection is fine.

But anyway, good to hear your issue was fixed, and on your own too.
    No not DATA... never wipe data.. (Well unless you intend to erase everything).

I said to wipe "DALVIK-CACHE" and "CACHE", but that might have been something unique to my phone i suppose.. either way.. it's always a good practice to wipe those two when flashing ROMs, Mods and other items. (Both are temporary file stores that get rebuilt automatically)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

That's a bit more advanced and those options are available through manual clockworkmod recovery mode if I remember correctly. Regardless, I didn't do this and my phone is running perfectly fine. As I mentioned before, I didn't because it was adding/removing a simple small script. I have never tried it so I can't say it's any better or worse for future functionality, but I will take your word that it is necessary for overall performance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brazzers View Post
    Im on android and also get this error when i choose an app it just tells me that it cant be found but some of them worked i really want it to be fixed
    If you have tried the methods mentioned in the first post and it still shows you Webpage Not Available, I can't think of another solution at the moment. You have to be more specific about your situation. Tell me what phone you have, what ROM you're using, that is if you do have a rooted device.

But, I think what you are trying to say is that you can see the TapJoy wall, but the offers you clicked on do not work. That might be because the offers expired or another unknown issue. If you still can't see the TapJoy wall, please provide further detail on your situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

they need to provide links in the history list for entries that are still pending in case the urls did not work in the first place at least we can get the chance to try and install them again

ive had like 10 plats gone to waste because of cases where i wanted to install so many free offers at the same time, and pressing the back button in the browser messed things up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Not bad, not bad. Im impressed. It takes skill to necro a post this old, and it seems you've got what it takes.