Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Comparison of the Three Generations of Mythic Weapons (Warrior)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    So you are ready to spend millions on gems just to loose hp...
    only if i see potential in pvp.
    also wat if another gem type comes example ursoth gem like tarlok gem.
    u may nvr kno

well rage gem good only at lvl41 items and lvl10.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    u may nvr kno

Warriors do not need DEX. We're talking about one DEX point giving 3 HP, 0.025% critical and 0.075% dodge; the HP trade off for the current tarlok rage gem considering the gem price difference is overall a bad decision. Even if STR-INT gems are introduced, I don't see them getting too popular (~800 MP are enough for PvE and for PvP, veng is all you need).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Warriors do not need DEX. We're talking about one DEX point giving 3 HP, 0.025% critical and 0.075% dodge; the HP trade off for the current tarlok rage gem considering the gem price difference is overall a bad decision. Even if STR-INT gems are introduced, I don't see them getting too popular (~800 MP are enough for PvE and for PvP, veng is all you need).
    Hypothetically, rage gems are the best for PvP users. But, the upgrade is so minor that it is insignificant damage wise. Yes, you only lose 15 HP but you only gain around 5 DPS tops (I don't know exact figures. May be less, may be more).

Wisdom gems give mages +450 HP with all perfects and Wind gems give rogues +450 Mana with all perfects. Those are significant, not the piddly upgrade we get. Leave tarlok gems to the twinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    u may nvr kno

No, rage gems only good on lvl1-8 and 13-16 where there is no loss on the main str stat, check the gem thread in my signature for more information.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    No, rage gems only good on lvl1-8 and 13-16 where there is no loss on the main str stat, check the gem thread in my signature for more information.
    sorry my bad. I forgot the levels where tarlok gems will be effective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Hypothetically, rage gems are the best for PvP users. But, the upgrade is so minor that it is insignificant damage wise. Yes, you only lose 15 HP but you only gain around 5 DPS tops (I don't know exact figures. May be less, may be more).

Wisdom gems give mages +450 HP with all perfects and Wind gems give rogues +450 Mana with all perfects. Those are significant, not the piddly upgrade we get. Leave tarlok gems to the twinks.
    yes. 16 is best level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

So what u guys will prefer? Lvl 41 mythic shield or lvl 31 maul?

Maul is seriously very overpowered, ill be using maul... Whts your thoughts about it?

I think shield will be good for elites but maul will own pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iliketolol View Post

Maul is seriously very overpowered, ill be using maul... Whts your thoughts about it?

Depends on how you build your warrior. Maul's damage output and proc are virtually unmatched by any current weapons. This is likely the last season it will be superior, however. Me, I will be using Pavise, and if I get lucky, Bulwark in elite maps this season.
    Last edited by Taejo; 05-24-2014 at 02:03 PM.
    Geunin / Cheonje
    Proud Member of <Elite Runners>

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Maul is good mainly for clashes especially CTF (because of the close quarter fighting). If you are involved in alot of organized clashes then 2 or 3 warriors with arcane maul can be a game changer because of the PROC. However, if you are a more casual PVP player where you join random maps and teams, play more TDM, or play more 1vs1 then glaive or magmatic claymore is best weapon. When new mythic bow comes out for rogue and you jump in there willy nilly with your "supposedly" OP maul you will get rocked by the rogues (especially with new client update when skill switching during cool-downs no longer is allowed)
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 05-24-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Clashes: Maul
    TDM: Glaive
    1v1 (if you don't like to gamble): Glaive
    PvE (if you have arcane ring): Maul
    PvE (hardcore elites): Bulwark
    PvE (Hybrid): Glaive

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Clashes: Maul
    TDM: Glaive
    1v1 (if you don't like to gamble): Glaive
    PvE (if you have arcane ring): Maul
    PvE (hardcore elites): Bulwark
    PvE (Hybrid): Glaive
    This....well written

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

The proc is more in depth than I had previously thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The Elondrian Bulwark is a tanking weapon, designed to help the Warrior survive while their party members support them.

When you take damage while the Bulwark is equipped, you have a chance to summon a guardian spirit that will heal and protect you for a short period of time and then will move to assist nearby allies. While the spirit is actively guarding a player, that player will also receive a +20 to their primary stat buff. When the spirit leaves a player, it will grace them with a 6 second heal over time.
    A party buff (one at a time unfortunately, but most likely to stop it from being OP in PvP as a second HoR), and +20 base stat. Yes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Wait what? Heal over time is an aggro pulling machine.. Great way to "grace" a team member after he protected him lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Wait what? Heal over time is an aggro pulling machine.. Great way to "grace" a team member after he protected him lol.
    Only the heal over time effect of "life giver" does that. Also, lifegiver is a party wide effect. Therefore, if recieveing over time heal was the trigger all party members in range would be pulling that aggro, not just the mage who cast it. Furthermore, if you were right that all over time heals caused players to gain massive aggro, no warrior would use HoR.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Only the heal over time effect of "life giver" does that. Also, lifegiver is a party wide effect. Therefore, if recieveing over time heal was the trigger all party members in range would be pulling that aggro, not just the mage who cast it. Furthermore, if you were right that all over time heals caused players to gain massive aggro, no warrior would use HoR.
    The reason the caster of any skill with heal over time effect is getting aggro is because in every Legends game, heal is based on damage and actually considered as dealing all the heals as hits. A one time heal like a lifegiver with no upgrades would be like a one time hit AoE spell which probably wouldn't cause much problems for the sorcerer since the whole party would be hitting that mob. Adding the ten-second heal over time though is deadly and works like a DoT, aggravating everything close on the ignorant smurf. Likewise, the caster of HoR gets immediate aggro over anything in the party perimeter when he casts it. On the other hand, if anyone grabs a charged medic pack that a rogue has thrown, then the player that picked it up gets the aggro and not the caster.

It's true that both of the above effects (Lifegiver, HoR) are turning the caster to the center of mob attention but a healing guardian? Assuming we're not going to see a situation like when our pets were holding aggro at the past, I think we're looking at something closer to the second type of aggro-grabbing heal over time effect (Medic).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

The reason the caster of any skill with heal over time effect is getting aggro is because in every Legends game, heal is based on damage and actually considered as dealing all the heals as hits. A one time heal like a lifegiver with no upgrades would be like a one time hit AoE spell which probably wouldn't cause much problems for the sorcerer since the whole party would be hitting that mob. Adding the ten-second heal over time though is deadly and works like a DoT, aggravating everything close on the ignorant smurf. Likewise, the caster of HoR gets immediate aggro over anything in the party perimeter when he casts it. On the other hand, if anyone grabs a charged medic pack that a rogue has thrown, then the player that picked it up gets the aggro and not the caster.

It's true that both of the above effects (Lifegiver, HoR) are turning the caster to the center of mob attention but a healing guardian? Assuming we're not going to see a situation like when our pets were holding aggro at the past, I think we're looking at something closer to the second type of aggro-grabbing heal over time effect (Medic).
    HoR doesn't taunt without the upgrade. And, I believe it will be a self heal like med packs. Therefore, I doubt this procmwill pull aggro. Or, if it does, the proc will cause the caster (technically the tank) to pull the aggro which I am entirely happy with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

I have my doubts this will be the case. The heal bestowed on party members seems to have the same properties as med packs from rogues - not a party-casted heal such as Lifegiver. A dev will have to answer this question for us to be sure.
    Geunin / Cheonje

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    I have my doubts this will be the case. The heal bestowed on party members seems to have the same properties as med packs from rogues - not a party-casted heal such as Lifegiver. A dev will have to answer this question for us to be sure.
    A Dev in warrior discussion? Unheard of. Someone should ask them in the chat box given the opportunity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

A Dev in warrior discussion? Unheard of. Someone should ask them in the chat box given the opportunity.
    I don't see where I said they have to reply here in this very thread At any rate, I know Lojack used to read the classes section.
    Geunin / Cheonje

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Remember guys,bulwark can cleave so it does x3 damage output.