Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Comparison of the Three Generations of Mythic Weapons (Warrior)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Nice comparison thread.

I won't be going for this new mythic either and not just to save gold but because --like I mentioned in the arcane ring nab's thread-- the statistics progress per level has slowed down significally. The extra armor is nice and all yet also unneeded; full magma of will and pavise work wonders already and the occassions you can get oneshot are so few that it's not worth buying the new mythic to have a chance in sustaining them too (all red zones you can avoid anyway).

PvP wise, the damage buffed claymores will still be a better option because the stackable flame special procedure with the STR buff is still both frequent and noticeably effective.
    I plan in buying the weapon wince I don't yet own a pavise (was too poor when it was released) and I sold my glaive. It will be a lower cost weapon (should be under 10mil, easily) and I will enjoy it in elite. I don't plan to PvP, so this weapon will likely become a secondary weapon in following seasons as the pavise has.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    I plan in buying the weapon wince I don't yet own a pavise (was too poor when it was released) and I sold my glaive. It will be a lower cost weapon (should be under 10mil, easily) and I will enjoy it in elite. I don't plan to PvP, so this weapon will likely become a secondary weapon in following seasons as the pavise has.
    If it goes below 15m then maybe but even on 10m when you compare it with pavise which is almost exactly ten times cheaper and still gets the job done it sounds like gold down the drain to me. The healing proc will show.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I dont know about you guys, but I found the proc from the Pavise not happening as frequently in the newer maps. It would be a light show in before in oltgar and Shuyal, but now in tindirin, i rarely saw it, so I just gave up on it. Most likely due to the lower mob counts as Crow has pointed out.

My buy price on the bulwark will be 5m, not worth more than that to me.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    Hahaha. Wow. Looking at the stats for the new warrior mythic sword/sheild made me chuckle with deep sadness inside. What a freaking joke of a mythic weapon.

1. 84.3 DPS is worse than the DPS of a conquerors wall of assault lvl 41 (86.6 DPS). So go try pvping with a conquerors wall of assault in PVP right now and see how effectively you can kill. Thats the damage you will be wielding with when using this new mythic warrior weapon.

This is the wrong mindset to have when considering a sword and shield as your primary weapon. This game has always obligated its warriors to accumulate both a PvE and PvP set of armor/jewelry/weapons. If PvP is your primary passion, then there's no need to even look at this weapon to add to your arsenal. EDIT: Although, sword and shield warriors do have their role in CTF PvP, in my opinion

2. 304 armor. Is only a +57 to armor compared to the 247 armor of vigilant pavise of fitness (Level 31 mythic weapon)

Agreed, a bit disappointed as well. +90-100 would have made me much happier. However, as Crow and Hectorius both pointed out, the rate at which the warrior gets hit in Tindrin is much lower that that of Krakken, Nordr and Shuyal. There are less mobs per pull, but they certainly hit much harder. Therefore a good balance of armor and HP is required for this expansion - with a little more weight leaning towards HP - which this weapon offers loads of. From my own experience, I am finding sheer HP to be better increasing my survivability in Tindrin compared to prior campaigns.

3. The proc I have no idea what to think.

I am not entirely enthused about the proc. Pavise proc is much, much better. However, I do realize the items in the game need to remain unique and not stay the same season after season. This proc definitely spells out the fact that this weapon is meant for PvE. I haven't tried it yet so I'm not really qualified to comment much more on the proc.

4. The fact that rogue and mages weapons have some kind of return (mana or health) with attack....while warrior weapon has none.

A life/mana siphon would have been a really cool proc. Sure, the typical response is always "just spam pots"... but I like your idea.

Explain to me why would any warrior spend top dollar on this weapon.

Keep in mind that every time devs release a new mythic, there are suggestions, complaints, and sometimes the occasional bug. Instead of us immediately ranting, we need to find the flaws and point them out to STS - with statistics, video, comparisons, etc. They will listen to our feedback, and make the appropriate adjustments if we present our concerns reasonably. When the pavise was released, I pointed out to Carapace that the striking range was absurdly low (probably a code error). With a little bit of proof and suggestions, it was patched the next day.

I would certainly buy this for 3 reasons: 1) I do not care about PvP in AL, and 2) I love running elites. This weapon was obviously designed for elite maps - and trust me, we needed this upgrade from pavise. 3) I bet you this weapon will be tweaked a bit.

As for you PvP lovers out there looking for a new weapon - just be patient. Like last season, I am sure a mythic 2her will be released in a few months.
    Replies in bold
    Last edited by Taejo; 05-23-2014 at 11:25 AM.
    Geunin / Cheonje
    Proud Member of <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Replies in bold
    The proc is cool, but stun on contact is superior (in theory. I have never used a pavise and can't say for sure). An additonal Str proc would satisfy me, or perhaps the shield becomes a party wide effect for PvE only. Both can arguably make the weapon OP, but I think it would lessen some of the disapointment.

Additionally, the HP insrease is fairly low (less than 200 when supers are assumed). A +100-200 HP or strengthened armor stat may be requested later on.

All of this is speculative and none of us can truly say until the weapon is battle tested. However, forumers tend to be fairly accurate when several of them work together.
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 05-23-2014 at 12:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Looks cool to me, warriors are way too overpowered, i think they are trying to balance warrior class with mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iliketolol View Post
    Looks cool to me, warriors are way too overpowered, i think they are trying to balance warrior class with mage
    No warriors are always a pendulum power wise. One season we are untouchable and the next we are oversized pinatas (end game).

A shield weapon will never be the best PvP weapon, the maul will live another season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

It looks like the main purpose of this weapon is to further enhance your overall health. I am getting to the point where I can survive the previous one shots from certain bosses by having high armor and hp combo. I try to find a balance between armor and hp usually with higher hp being the priority. We still do not know the damage of this weapon but if its like the pavise we have nothing to expect. Can't tell about the proc but the pavise is pretty hard to beat. I think it would be a lot nicer with a taunt proc. Doesn't look as cool as Pavise imo. As a primarily elite tank I was hoping for more then this but time will tell how good the procs are or aren't.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Replies in bold
    This is in response to Taejo first bolded point. I agree with ya. I get it. Sword/sheild is meant for PVE. You also bring up a good point that traditionally warriors have always been required to have both a PVE style weapon and PVP style weapon. But I guess that is where my fustration lies. Each season a mythic sword/sheild comes out a warrior gets a boost in PVE but in PVP is relegated to using a different weapon for PVP such as an inferior legendary or older mythic weapon (so far this is twice that a sword/sheild has come out). So for a whole entire expansion a warrior will have to be at a disadvantage again in PVP. Trust me when I say we will be at a disadvantage this season in PVP because once enough of these new mythic guns and bows come into ciruculation, a warrior using a maul(lack of armor) or even glaive will get destroyed by the bow and guns damage. I mean look at the new mythic guns DPS (its higher than the arcane staff). While other classes like rogues and mages get a pretty versatile new mythic weapon they can be excited about for PVE and PVP which is a gun and bow (again twice this has come out). Yes, some of you will say well rogues and mages also switch weapon styles depending on the map/mobs/boss or PVP. But the reality is that the gun and bows are still way more versatile for PVP and PVE purposes than the lopsided use of the warrior's mythic sword/sheild.

Another point that has been brought up by others such as madnex and I as well. Is that with the current set up and available armor boosts you can get with Pavise, magma armor, amulets, rings, etc. this extra +57 armor from the Bulwark is not that useful. I can in fact currently get my armor to +2400. The extra hp boost of the bulwark, yes i'm happy about that. But this extra 57 armor is not gonna be a game changer with the current options in gear a warrior already has in elite. This is my personal opinion only, I would rather they take away the +57 armor (304 armor) and give us the lower armor of the Pavise (247 armor) and instead pad that towards DPS/damage of the bulwark. This will make the bulwark something in between the traditional sword/sheild and the glaive, of course leaning more towards the traditional sword/sheild. This will make the bulwark way more versatile and probably more all around desirable by both PVP and PVE fanatics in my opinion.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 05-23-2014 at 02:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

after. releasing these new weapons and testing in elites. they probably will do buff.
    but I doubt it as due to itemization the gear stats sequence got broken.

u cannot predict the stats of pink gears like past in season1-5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

The way rogues are currently in pvp, even with my glaive, some rogues can kill me while jugged if they are lucky. With a stronger bow it should be less of a problem to kill a jugged warrior with glaive. Maul users will most likely get killed through jug due to lack of armor. Some may be tempted to use the bulwark but the bulwark has less dps than non legendary 41 sword and shields. We dont know the dmg but the trend does not have sword and shield as having high dmg high dps. Sword and shield have very small attack range as well.

In elite, people should really just mash potion and equip stronger weapons. Not defensivie weapons. This will help speed up the runs. Dont be frugal.

Although unlisted, most warrior weapons already hit 3.

My weapon of choice remains glaive so far based on what we know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    The way rogues are currently in pvp, even with my glaive, some rogues can kill me while jugged if they are lucky. With a stronger bow it should be less of a problem to kill a jugged warrior with glaive. Maul users will most likely get killed through jug due to lack of armor. Some may be tempted to use the bulwark but the bulwark has less dps than non legendary 41 sword and shields. We dont know the dmg but the trend does not have sword and shield as having high dmg high dps. Sword and shield have very small attack range as well.

In elite, people should really just mash potion and equip stronger weapons. Not defensivie weapons. This will help speed up the runs. Dont be frugal.

The higher strength will result in a higher overall damage stat then you are predicting. Mark my words, the bulwark will have higher damage when equipped than a conquorer's shield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    You need well more than 2k. I have 2051 with my hard core elite gear and am still one hit.
    lol doesnt matter what your armor is... you will get one hit by some mobs. thats just how theyre designed

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    lol doesnt matter what your armor is... you will get one hit by some mobs. thats just how theyre designed
    That's what people said about frostir in season 4. There has to be a way, I reject all reasoning and support my own pipe dream.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

But no one k ow how much dmg it deald

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

If damage is more then glavi then

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    it is due to to itemization. devs always design stuffs seeing their overall max stats tht will reflect ones avatar.
    example: one Guy with magama will set and bulwurk with abaddon along with other armour boosting rings and amulets will have Max armour ingame. also assuming they r lvl41 so perfected with tarlok rage gem to gears will have high overall stats.

also there will be lvl41 gears like tarloks in this upcoming event. so seeing the lower stats of weapon then expected I can conclude (maybe) that new lvl41 event gears will be slightly better or near DMG stats then lvl36 mythic gears having near compareble armour to magma will set.
    Tarlok rage gem is not worth on lvl41, 1 str>3 dex for warriors.

Küldve az én Nexus 4-emről

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Tarlok rage gem is not worth on lvl41, 1 str>3 dex for warriors.

Küldve az én Nexus 4-emről
    umm how?
    IMO,
    1dex gives 3hp. so 3dex gives 9hp along with some dmg and critical and Dodge

while 1str gives 10hp and 0.1 dmg and 1% bonus dmg.
    so, 3dex>1str

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    umm how?
    IMO,
    1dex gives 3hp. so 3dex gives 9hp along with some dmg and critical and Dodge

while 1str gives 10hp and 0.1 dmg and 1% bonus dmg.
    so, 3dex>1str
    So you are ready to spend millions on gems just to loose hp...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot:1652446
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post

The higher strength will result in a higher overall damage stat then you are predicting. Mark my words, the bulwark will have higher damage when equipped than a conquorer's shield.
    I agree. We dont need to write out the math for that simple calculation. But its sad that the stats are close to 41 gear than theoretical 46 legendary gear. If conquistador came in 46 flavor, dps would probably read 90 to 100 dps. Maybe closer to 95.