Thread: Elite caves of Tarewa o.O

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Default Elite caves of Tarewa o.O

What a ride! One thing I did realise is that a skill set of windmill, seismic slam, venge and HoR does not bode well there. You can manage like I did, but it will be a struggle and you'll be spamming health pots a hundred miles per hour.

The first onslaught of mobs was nasty! Plus my inexperience at running this map was a big handicap, hence we got slapped stupid!

It was all down to lack of communication really, the party never ever ran with a tank before and did not know how or when to utilise me, but then after a while it all went rather well, they used their experience in parking mobs and we pulled enough making sure we don't lure serpents, shamans or those reptile thingies together.

The party didn't care about dying numerous times, so it was ok cos I died about 6 times *cough*

The arachnid boss loved putting me in a cocoon! He/she killed me 3 times!

I'm still buzzing from that elite run experience, seriously buzzing irl LOL.

I just got to figure out how to deal with the first wave of serpent onslaught, any ideas given are totally appreciated.

Oh another thing... I move around a lot when fighting and was told to stand still, the party even sang the song in chat - moves like Jagger, after a mob killing lol. I'm sure that moving around a mob is a good thing when tanking in elite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waheedski View Post
    What a ride! One thing I did realise is that a skill set of windmill, seismic slam, venge and HoR does not bode well there. You can manage like I did, but it will be a struggle and you'll be spamming health pots a hundred miles per hour.

The first onslaught of mobs was nasty! Plus my inexperience at running this map was a big handicap, hence we got slapped stupid!

It was all down to lack of communication really, the party never ever ran with a tank before and did not know how or when to utilise me, but then after a while it all went rather well, they used their experience in parking mobs and we pulled enough making sure we don't lure serpents, shamans or those reptile thingies together.

The party didn't care about dying numerous times, so it was ok cos I died about 6 times *cough*

The arachnid boss loved putting me in a cocoon! He/she killed me 3 times!

I'm still buzzing from that elite run experience, seriously buzzing irl LOL.

I just got to figure out how to deal with the first wave of serpent onslaught, any ideas given are totally appreciated.

Oh another thing... I move around a lot when fighting and was told to stand still, the party even sang the song in chat - moves like Jagger, after a mob killing lol. I'm sure that moving around a mob is a good thing when tanking in elite.
    Jugg works well in elite Tindirin maps 2+ in replacement of VB. It is possible to run without jugg in caves, but it is definitely suggested to use jugg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

You gotta know what to use and when.
    I was crazy before it was fashionable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ihateppl View Post
    You gotta know what to use and when.
    And, where. Certain pulls you will want to avoid casting jugg in order to have at the ready during more strenuous pulls.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

One tank, 2 mages and a rogue sounds good to me in elites. For some reason I struggle in a team consisting of one Mage and 2 rogues.

Gonna be fun doing elites with fellow guildies, team is 2 tanks, one mage and one rogue all in legenderies. That's going to be an interesting post
    Last edited by Waheedski; 05-24-2014 at 08:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waheedski View Post
    One tank, 2 mages and a rogue sounds good to me in elites. For some reason I struggle in a team consisting of one Mage and 2 rogues.

Gonna be fun doing elites with fellow guildies, team is 2 tanks, one mage and one rogue all in legenderies. That's going to be an interesting post
    You don't need to post every elite experience...

If you want to, please use the below sub thread and put all the posts in one thread (so you don't spam the forums). You could keep a journal of sorts.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/foru...AL-Fan-Stories

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Or chat in the Chatbox

welcome to elites. Enjoy your stay
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

did u use the corner and park strategy?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    did u use the corner and park strategy?
    Yes with some hilarious consequences, but that was later on, thus the experienced elite running rogue took over. Tried parking the very first serpent mob round the corner but they went back to their positions as I re-started. I shook my head in disbelief

The idea in my head is to somehow get the team to slow these critters down and just have mages pummel them into oblivion, right at this moment that looks like a good idea. There is very limited space almost claustrophobic at the start, you have to be very careful so you don't get the attention of the mob that is just behind.

In a way to find strategies to gain the upper hand against elite foes just gave me a total buzz, I'm still hyper while typing this
    Last edited by Waheedski; 05-25-2014 at 04:23 AM. Reason: High as a kite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Another experienced elite running rogue (moi) can show you how it's done; parking is not very hard for any class.