Thread: Tribal Abomination Attacks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Default Tribal Abomination Attacks

First and foremost - great expansion! The new bosses are unique and challenging, just want we like to see with every new campaign that is released. Now for the griping...

Tribal Abomination attacks are very glitchy, or sloppy you might say. Set aside the arguments of lag, FPS, and device specs - this boss has some problems that are causing unexplained deaths on a routine basis. Much like Frostbite in Nordr, he seems to have the same directional issue where his red zone attack is clearly facing one direction and people on the opposite side end up getting hit. The second issue (which is more common than the first) is hard to pinpoint, but I believe it may be from the boulder attack - a boulder falling where a red zone isn't displaying on screen. Countless times I (or a party member) has died several meters away from the fight, and I don't think it was from heat exhaustion!

I kindly ask that someone on the team looks into this. Run the boss in a party and look for the occurrences of death without visible explanation. Thank you very much!
    Geunin / Cheonje
    Proud Member of <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    The new bosses are unique
    Well, just like the Egg is designed to test your movement, Alargan your reaction time, Arachna your potting skills, and Rendtail, well, lets skip Rendtail for now, anyway, Abomination was clearly designed to be a plat sink.
    Just looks at the run to boss, it's like 2/3 of the map, super narrow and with stunners all the way, and as you say, the boss has several one-hit-kill attacks and "bugged" red zones.
    I am very grateful to a guildmate who gave me a Magmatic Totem so I don't have to run this map ever again.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

If it makes you feel any better taejo, he was way worse when the expansion was initially released. You are facing his fixed version.

You really can't stand around ANYWHERE anymore.

Lep switching and elix popping usually need to be done while under the protection of a shield. Otherwise you'll come back to a dead toon.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue