Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15 Mage guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Default 15 Mage guide

This is my second guide so it wont be the best but I'm gunna try my hardest xD I have seen allot of new 15 mages recently and most of them don't really seem to know what they are doing, so I thought I would make this and maybe get some new people to try out 15 mage also help people who already play at that level. If you need anymore help just add me ingame: EvilMagePwner (bes name N/A) or Message me

BUILDS

Okay so I will start off with the most common 15 build and how I like to play it.
    SKILLS:6light-5Heal-1Fire-1Frost-1Drain BEGINNER
    Name:  938933a5fb73eb402d0432dd45acb085.png
Views: 1011
Size:  148.0 KB
    Most 15 mages use this build as it has a good potential for nuking but is also has high enough heal to stop you from getting counter nuked.

This second build is one that a few mages use and can be very effective if used correctly.
    SKILLS:6Light-4Heal-1Frost-1IceStorm-1Fire-1Drain MORE ADVANCED
    Mostly founder mages use this build but I have been using it for a while now and it works very well. The 4heal can sometimes be a problem vs bears though.

This last build is imo the best kiting build out there.
    SKILLS:5Heal-4Ice-3Fire-1light-1drain BEGINNER/MEDIUM SKILL
    I'm not entirely sure if any mages use this any more but a friend told me about it and I found that it works great against bears. The only thing is most mages will kill you as you rely so heavily on Fire/Ice.

GEAR
    Gear can be one of the most important factors towards becoming a good mage, the reason I say this is because a mage with plat pack gear is generally going to get beaten by a mage with lets say a pink paw gruesome and expert or artisan. Anyway, let's get onto the gear.

For the load out slots you want to have a:

EXPERT/NUKE Which will include the following-L.15 Paw,L.15 Expert,L.15 Gruesome Evidence Bracer,L.15 Halloween Bone Helm (dex)and a Fine Platinum Band of Bravery(9DMG,1CRIT)

REGEN Which will include the following-L.10 Huntress Cap(The fox plat pack)Dreamers Fire wand(Or the other one from the plat pack)L.5 Alchemists Heavy Cloth Armor,L.10 Snipers Avain wingand a Fine Golden Band of Life(6ARMOR,1M/S,1H/S)

ART/HIT Which will include the following-L.15 Paw,L.15 Gruesome Evidence Bracer,L.15 Artisan Reinforced Leather,L.15 Halloween Bone Helm (Int) and a Fine Platinum Band of Bravery (9DMG,1CRIT)

This final slot is completely personal preference you could have a fbow loadout or a pure tank (43armor). Its up to you, I will include both load outs so you can choose either of them.

FBOW Which will include the exact same gear as the expert load out but with a fbow instead of a paw or evi, you could always swap expert with artisan or the extra armor and hit%. *Side note- the fbow is mainly a DPS load out*

TANK Which will include the exact same gear as the ART/HIT load out but instead of a Fine Platinum Band of Bravery you will use a Fine Golden Band of Technique(7ARMOR,1DODGE) *This isn't the best vs mages but effective vs fbow bears or even xbow bears*

Name:  c4c15a75fe77ae61003c91318adba0a0.png
Views: 1287
Size:  567.2 KB

Keep in mind that you do not have to use these load outs they are just what I find to be effective, and also most of the items are replaceable if you can't afford them. I will list all the alternative items here:
    PAW- You could always get a purple paw but if not you can try a mery candle wand, just never use anything with fire in it because that will cancel your frost
    GRUESOME- This is a very pricey item especially if your not very sure about this level PVP. This can be replaced with a Snipers Avain Wing which is the wing from the level 10 bird 4part plat pack.
    Halloween Bone Helm- The 2013 Halloween drop, a very common item to use in PVP now. This has risen in price by A LOT so if you can't afford it you could always use Snipers Archery Cap from the level 10 bird 4part plat pack.

Also I recommend using 'Snipers' items over 'Jewel Thief's' because they give extra Hit%

TECHNIQUES
    We have gone over builds and what gear to use but here is how I find it best to use these builds, I am calling the builds BUILD 1/2/3 from the first listed to the last. I will go from Mage strategy's-Bear-Rhino-Bird/Fox

BUILD 1- There are two ways I play this build, the 1st one has more nuke potential and I often use this: (This is for mages) To start off you are going to want to use FROST-LIGHT-FIRE-DRAIN-HEAL. This should get your opponent relatively low, after this light then after they heal use: Ice-light-fire or just ice-fire if you dont have enough time to use light. Keep on repeating this processes until your opponent dies. For this you need to remember to always heal when they ice you or after their combo if your heal isn't ready, don't ever heal in the middle of a combo. I recommend using the EXP or ART/HIT for this, I prefer ART/HIT

BUILD 1- The second way I like to play is to be slightly more tanky and out mana your opponent, these fights normally go on for longer, here is how I do it: (Mages again) Your combo will be LIGHT-*wait 3second for light to come back and heal out of their ice*-LIGHT-ICE-FIRE-HEAL-DRAIN. I'm not sure how low this will make them but you should still be around full health, the main thing for this is not to waste mana and only use skills when they are needed. My recommended load out for this is TANK or ART/HIT.

BUILD 2- This is the build that some people will be wary to use and some may not be good with it but for others it might be slightly easier. This build is obviously more of a nuke build as it will allow you to always land your combo's(FIRE-ICE). So as you start the fight you will want to: ICE-LIGHT-FIRE-DRAIN-HEAL-ICESTORM-LIGHT-ICE-FIRE. Because of the double ice your opponent will find it hard to heal out of your combo's which will allow you to do more damage overall. Make sure to switch up what you combo with like ICE-LIGHT-FIRE or ICESTORM-LIGHT-FIRE but never switch is up on the first combo of the fight because IceStorm has lower range and you may miss it.

Build 3- Okay so this build is very good vs bears but vs mages it's really not very good. As you can see this build is focused around kiting and really there is almost no point in kiting vs a mage unless your kiting their light which next to no-one does. (This is for bears) As you start the fight you want to either FIRE-ICE-DRAIN-HEAL-LIGHT*When you get closer to them* OR DRAIN-ICE-LIGHT-FIRE-HEAL this way does more damage but you have a higher chance of getting killed if you mess up. That's all I really have for this build as I have only used it quickly to make sure it works. If you have used this and have any tips make sure to tell me

Okay so that's all I have really for the techniques, I will add build 1+2 vs bear and build 3 vs mage soon. Remember you do not have to play like this and when you fight mages you may vary your play style, for example say your trying to nuke vs a pure nuke mage with the 1st build you may want to swich up your combos or even try tanking so that they can't nuke you.

FACE

Just before I go into this section I want to let you all know that a face is NOT necessary but can help a little bit.
    There are 3 main faces that I think help, these are:
    Dark elf, 2% hit chance --> Name:  66be98c015532ecbcce495f9460be23a.png
Views: 890
Size:  94.7 KB
    Fierce, 1% crit -->Name:  954abb39b6d856a60ed493d4746503cd.png
Views: 918
Size:  51.5 KB
    Goth Glamor, 1 armor -->Name:  d9b420e095f1f8f7f6271fdcc3b6554f.png
Views: 885
Size:  83.4 KB

I personally use the Dark Elf face for the hit%, but you can use any face that looks nice if you want or no face at all.

STAT POINTS

This is something that most mages do but I thought I would add just in case you didn't know.
    For your points you are going to want to put 22 points into INT(Intelligence) and 57 points into DEX(Dexterity). By doing this you allow yourself do use all the level 15 dex items which have high hit,dps,crit and level 5 alchemists which gives you 6 m/s(mana regen).
    You do not have to do this to be successful but it is highly recommended so that you can use the best gear for your level.

Log-28/4/2014 11:02(Made)
    28/4/2014 12:42(Added Gear)
    28/4/2013
    Last edited by Motivating; 05-29-2014 at 09:17 AM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Motivating For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Second build barely works! I tried that build but you usually lose because of the extra mana spent during the fight with the icestorm and 4 / 5 heal makes a big difference.

I used the first build while I was at 15 and I am definite eminem uses the third one. GLHF.

Nice guide also.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jyuu1205 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I actually found the second one to be quite good but I guess its all preference.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Motivating For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

great one!

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    great one!
    Ty :3 I need to add alot more but I dont have alot of time

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Motivating For This Useful Post:

Los Angeles, Korea. umm wait that seems a little off
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jyuu1205 View Post
    Second build barely works! I tried that build but you usually lose because of the extra mana spent during the fight with the icestorm and 4 / 5 heal makes a big difference.

I used the first build while I was at 15 and I am definite eminem uses the third one. GLHF.

Nice guide also.
    The second build is pretty good.

FONDLING, CARESSED, GROPED, BUSTING, JIGGLING, CRUELAID

BOO!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Very good guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Nice
    ya YEET

In a box using the outlet on the side of your house
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Lol evil remember our 1v1 when I was on ithrewu lewl 6-3 but your OK man . And why did u leave during our 1v1?
    You should gimme green bars
    That button on the left, yea right der

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fqo View Post
    Lol evil remember our 1v1 when I was on ithrewu lewl 6-3 but your OK man . And why did u leave during our 1v1?
    I kinda you know um, I had a powercut. Yeh a powercut

And I'm not implying that I am the best this is just alot of the things I have learnt over my time playing 15 mage
    Last edited by Motivating; 05-29-2014 at 02:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice moti, another good build is: 6 light 1 fire 5 heal 2 drain.
    But then again, anything less than 3 fire is found to be more effective if used by skillful twinks.
    +1 good job!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

No ice? Not 100% sure if that would work, but I guess I could try. Most people are against high drain bc it has such a long cooldown so you left kinda damage-less in that time period.

Thanks for the reply

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I put 2 drain because the damage leap from 1 to 2 drain is insanly higher than 2-3, I agree with your opinion that it will risk damage output; 2 birds...1 stone

Thanks -stompltd

Why you looking at where I live, stalker. 😑
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Its +20 from 2-3, 3-4, whereas its +40 dmg from 1-2. This is still an alright build and will kill SOME mages, but I doubt it will kill the better mages as u don't have the frost combo and relying on drain which has high mana output isn't very clever.
    Normally I'd save my drain till their full light debuffed, then do one full combo and stick mana regen on at 1/4 mana. Whereas u would constantly have to use it to keep them on edge, which it wouldn't really untill they're debuffed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Try it out, whats ur mages name?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Like I said in the guide my mage is EvilMagePwner, not sure if you were talking to me or not xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Vs me, my mage is: stompltd
    She's a little rowly though :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

But moti, what if you were to go against a kiter? That icestorm would trip a bit, wouldn't you agree? Just a thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Yes, I guess it would but like I've just added to the 'TECHNIQUES' section most mages will not kite in mage vs mage. You don't have to use the icestorm build the 1st one is also very good. They all have there strong points and week points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Lol. No offense but no matter how good you are at kiting you will die eventually vs that build IF they have founders.