Thanked in
    12 Posts

Lol mage are becoming op in pvp

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

From my experience, 31+ mages do well. Under 31 it's much, much harder.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    You are wrong, shield has nothing to do with mana or health. Its only based on INT & STR. Also don't quote me the semantics about mana/health being the same as INT/STR because they aren't.
    Thanks for correcting me, that's what I meant but jumbled it up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bit hard to judge is mage OP or UP..for my point of view and experiences. I still can kill warrior n rouge at 5 on 5 clash and also i can get double and triple kill to.
    Well that what will happen on 4 on 5 when me at the 4th one.
    i play at twink lvl7 anyway when point are really limitted and the skill really counted..
    yes i can do that on 5 on 5 clash..but i will so easy killed at 1 on 1.
    for me,mage it's really strong as suppporting unit but weak for 1 on 1 (with rog or warrior).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If only mages had an attack that could stun players... No! Two! Surely players will capitalize such a versatile movepool. I guess you'll just have to spam lightning into that crowd and pray for crits until sts sees the error of their ways.

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Nice mini necro.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kreasadriii View Post
    Compare your STR + INT to get a very nice shield.
    It would'nt break even rogue aimed you few times,
    Mage is not so weak as you exlain, in PvP STR is very usefull to longlast ur own shield while fighting another class.

Rules by 2 class?
    Sorry before, Totally disagree because without mana in PvP and your twinks going to war, you will suffer on mana, fight for too long..
    Mage? They just charged shield, stunt them all, get into center clashes, curse.. BOOM!!

Just share my experiences and trust me, there's a lot of rogue and warrior worried about many mages in PvP room
    that's why warrior and rogue harder to accept when they lost 1 vs 1 with a mage.. (if you know what I mean)..

Please post a video showing your "twink" mage killing a "good" warrior in 1v1. Maybe will believe you.

PS: My level 16 mage maxed out gears (grand tarlok gems) and singe could kill "good" warriors in clash but not in 1v1.
    When I say good warriors, I meant those with non-maxed gears with arcane/mythic pets or at least dova.
    Last edited by kinzmet; 08-08-2014 at 11:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Smurfs were born to kills mobs!!!! no bosses and not others.
    Time is more valuable than gold. You can get more gold, but you cannot get more time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Levels Where Mages are OP: 5-6
    22-23
    31(with runic)
    36+(With kershal)
    41(With Kershal/New myth gun or Arcane ring)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtmeet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

But MAGES deal OP damage, its just the heal system is unbalanced.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Farz View Post
    First of all,sorry if this is another thread for the squishy mage.

I just realize that Warriors and Rogues are overpowered against Mages,why?I'll take both example on lvl 9.
    For Warrior the reason are:
    1. The helm stats,Warrior's best (IMO) is 14 str,5 int,1.06 dodge and 149 armor. Mage's best (IMO) is 5 str,14 int,1.06% dodge and 76 armor. The difference here is the armor huge gap between 149 armor and 76,yes I know Warrior needs huge armor,but seriously,huge gap between 149 and 76 armor and the stats are same?
    2. The armor stats,Warrior's best (IMO) is 12 str,6 int and 210 armor. Mage's best (IMO) is 6 str,12 int and 143 armor. Again the difference is in armor,the reason is same too as number 1.
    For Rogue the reason are:
    1. The helm stats,Rogue's best (IMO) is 12 dex,6 int,2.1 damage and 96 armor. The difference is Rogue's have advantage in damage and a little bit armor,I know Rogue needs damage because its rogue job. But seriously,what is Mage's advantage?
    2. The armor stats,Rogue's best (IMO) is 11 dex,6 int,1.9 damage and 180 armor. Horray,at least Mage's have advantage of 1 attribute :P,but Rogue's have advantage at damage and little bit armor. The reasons are same as number 1.

I hope devs read this post because I didnt see any advantage for being a Mage in twinks.
    *-Note,that best armor for Rogue release in Conquistador's update
    -Note,if anyone will says,"If you dont like it,dont do it." Then twinks rules by 2 classes only? :P

Many thanks for reading,sorry for any typo or wrong grammar
    Mmmmmm u used curse at twink? lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

My level 10 sorc has only killed a FEW warriors 1v1 and they weren't even the best warriors. They were sub par. Now in clashes I can kill them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Please post a video showing your "twink" mage killing a "good" warrior in 1v1. Maybe will believe you.

PS: My level 16 mage maxed out gears (grand tarlok gems) and singe could kill "good" warriors in clash but not in 1v1.
    When I say good warriors, I meant those with non-maxed gears with arcane/mythic pets or at least dova.
    I dont record it,
    ask veteran on lvl 21,22,23.. Before gem existed I beat war, after gem existed I beat rogue with sam, not meant that Im strong or what..
    U can do it, just trust ur self, practice and practice..
    At that time not all my item with super.. Use colton, it passives good stunt, just saying dova only win by the stats, AA sucks..

I do not ask anybody here to believe me, that is their problem believe me or not, my friend haligali ever watching my twinking before..
    I ever feel the same place as many mage players, mage noob, useless in pvp, weak,
    in 41 too we still can beat rogue, stunt lock the rogue, charged ur attack gun.. find the way to make enemies skills failed,

Good luck with ur mage, u can do it.. or try another lvl

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Problem is with the heal. Warriors have good heal over time and rogues have their heal in parts... 2-3 packs AND it's set at 25%-30% independent on damage. But other two class heals depend on damage. We smurfs have to choose either to have higher heal (dmg) or HP (str). Anyway what I'm trying to say is that mages need better heal overtime in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I loled hard at you guys. Is arcane legends your only experience in pvp?

I just cant believe you call it pvp. Lmao.

"Weapons are not evil, the user is."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChillyPepper View Post
    Problem is with the heal. Warriors have good heal over time and rogues have their heal in parts... 2-3 packs AND it's set at 25%-30% independent on damage. But other two class heals depend on damage. We smurfs have to choose either to have higher heal (dmg) or HP (str). Anyway what I'm trying to say is that mages need better heal overtime in my opinion.
    There has always a fundamental problem with the stat system in AL.... The two most important stats for any player are health and damage, and crit is probably #3 in importance as it is a damage multiplier.

For warriors, both health and damage come from the same stat, STR. For rogues, damage and crit come from the same stat, DEX -- that's why rogues have the highest damage. But for sorcerers, each of these 3 come from a different stat. We get health from STR, crit from DEX, and damage from INT. As a result, a sorcerer build is always a tradeoff between these stats, and always lacking something no matter how you make your build. You either can be high health and low damage, or high damage and low health, or if you want crit you have to sacrifice either health or damage. Warriors on the other hand don't have to sacrifice anything -- they just go with a full STR build and get both high health and high damage.

STS has recognized this and tried to add more crit to sorcerers through our gear, like in the mythic helm and armor, with the archon rings (sorcerer versions have +3.5% damage), or with the Kershal staff. So at end game it has helped. But at twink levels, there is no such gear like this, so sorcerers are weak and always lacking something in their build.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 08-12-2014 at 05:04 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

But what about curse? Isn't it the thing that makes mages pretty nice in endgame?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krobelus View Post
    I loled hard at you guys. Is arcane legends your only experience in pvp?

I just cant believe you call it pvp. Lmao.
    Actually, PvP is quite unusual in AL. In other games, endgame tanks one-two-shot DD classes, as well as DDs two-three-shot tanks. Also crit classes (usually, archers) have enormous crit damage multiplier (which is usually a separate stat), so if their skill misses or doesn't get critical power, they are defeated (no things like pack control). Also, non-healer classes get almost no healing in 1v1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Farz View Post
    First of all,sorry if this is another thread for the squishy mage.

I just realize that Warriors and Rogues are overpowered against Mages,why?I'll take both example on lvl 9.
    For Warrior the reason are:
    1. The helm stats,Warrior's best (IMO) is 14 str,5 int,1.06 dodge and 149 armor. Mage's best (IMO) is 5 str,14 int,1.06% dodge and 76 armor. The difference here is the armor huge gap between 149 armor and 76,yes I know Warrior needs huge armor,but seriously,huge gap between 149 and 76 armor and the stats are same?
    2. The armor stats,Warrior's best (IMO) is 12 str,6 int and 210 armor. Mage's best (IMO) is 6 str,12 int and 143 armor. Again the difference is in armor,the reason is same too as number 1.
    For Rogue the reason are:
    1. The helm stats,Rogue's best (IMO) is 12 dex,6 int,2.1 damage and 96 armor. The difference is Rogue's have advantage in damage and a little bit armor,I know Rogue needs damage because its rogue job. But seriously,what is Mage's advantage?
    2. The armor stats,Rogue's best (IMO) is 11 dex,6 int,1.9 damage and 180 armor. Horray,at least Mage's have advantage of 1 attribute :P,but Rogue's have advantage at damage and little bit armor. The reasons are same as number 1.

I hope devs read this post because I didnt see any advantage for being a Mage in twinks.
    *-Note,that best armor for Rogue release in Conquistador's update
    -Note,if anyone will says,"If you dont like it,dont do it." Then twinks rules by 2 classes only? :P

Many thanks for reading,sorry for any typo or wrong grammar
    I agree 100%

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    There has always a fundamental problem with the stat system in AL.... The two most important stats for any player are health and damage, and crit is probably #3 in importance as it is a damage multiplier.

For warriors, both health and damage come from the same stat, STR. For rogues, damage and crit come from the same stat, DEX -- that's why rogues have the highest damage. But for sorcerers, each of these 3 come from a different stat. We get health from STR, crit from DEX, and damage from INT. As a result, a sorcerer build is always a tradeoff between these stats, and always lacking something no matter how you make your build. You either can be high health and low damage, or high damage and low health, or if you want crit you have to sacrifice either health or damage. Warriors on the other hand don't have to sacrifice anything -- they just go with a full STR build and get both high health and high damage.
    thanks, i could not have said it better