Thread: Question about PL (endgame players only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Question about PL (endgame players only)

Hello! Having some thoughts about this game, as in, whether to keep playing as I currently am (here and there), whether to stop completely, or whether or not to play it a bunch more like a serious MMO. Figured the best way to decide what to do was to ask the people who are at endgame and know what it's like.

So, here's my list of questions, I would greatly appreciate any responses you guys could give me.

1. You're at level 50, you run AO3 stuff until you max out your gear. Then what do you do? Level up alts? PvP? Twink out your lowbies? Run dungeons again and again?
    2. Is there any change at the higher level content? Here in the lower level content, you don't need a full group, and you don't need a tank or a healer, as long as you have 2-3 guys you'll be fine. Does the difficulty ramp up appropriately?
    3. I know guilds exist, but are there organised runs of dungeons, eg, speed clears for loot and such? Or do you get in a good group the old-school way, by adding every good player you find to your friends list and joining with them?
    4. A lot of people seem to be sitting around bored, waiting for more content. Obviously you're not over the game if you're posting on the forums, but if you are burnt out waiting for more, do you still play at all? And if so, what do you do?
    5. Is there any need to spend Platinum on anything except the content expansions to function appropriately at max level?
    6. Random question, how much money have you spent on PL so far?
    7. What in Pocket Legends do you find fun? Why do you keep playing it?
    8. What was your most memorable moment in PL, and why?
    9. I'm a bear. A tanking bear. If I got bored of this role, could I hybrid out and still do fine in groups at 50? As a berserker (2h bear) or a bowbear or something?
    10. And lastly, because I don't really have a question and yet I think 10 would be a good number, what iThing or Android phone do you play PL on?

Sorry that this list is kinda long, hopefully I get a few responses :-)
    Ruscour - leveling Ursan Warrior, doing every quest in a content pack before I move on.
    Finished everywhere up to yetiville :-D
    13" MacBook, Gaming PC w/ WinXP 64, Laptop w/ PCLinuxOS, Netbook w/ Peppermint Linux, 64GB 3G iPad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

1) I usually pvp, merchant, and just talk with friends.

2) I think it does in a way, since the noobies should have it fairly essay at first, but I do think ao3 needs to be tougher.....

3) Uhm, not sure what you're asking exactly, but I usually join a friend, or make a game and invite friends.

4) Similar to question number 1 I see I mainly pvp, sometimes merchant, and hang with friends.

5) I buy item packs, and respecs, mainly respecs!

6) I have bought 3448 plat

7) Mainly friends, and pvp, but mainly friends.

8) Ahhh, tough question. I have had so many. Maybe wall jumping in pve, and going as a lvl 16 tank and soloing le bosses cuz they can't hit you, or when I finally looted a gem lightning staff of mastery way back at the lvl 25 cap.

9) Yes, I am currently an int bear on Kingfu, it's a very fun spec! Not too squishy, nice regen, and pretty good damage. I use keeper staff and switch to laser wand and cosmos doll at times. Very fun, been it for a while.

10) I used to play on Ipod 3rd gen 32GB, but now I play on a 16GB wifi iPad, and my droid X on the go. Soon to be compaq (I know, yuck) desktop, and my gateway laptop since my hp is wrecked

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

1.) I help players, talk to friends, and make gold to hord rare items while the price raises on them.

2.)It doesn't really get tough until Alien Oasis 2. Lesser D'Jinns are plentiful and hard to kill if the group is all the appropriate level for that dungeon. Ao3 is only soloable if you have some pretty good skills and prepared to burn off massive amounts of gold in potions and maybe even elixirs.

3.) Oldschool way often turns into organized groups. After you meet some players that you play with commonly, often goals set themselves and thats what the group roles with. (Example: When Cyber came out, groups of friends would power farm certain bosses together in under one day. Which is pretty organized.)

4.) Most of us who post on the forum's regularly don't even really play the game anymore. Yeah I get on time to time but I don't play the way I used to. I just hope that there are some freakin big updates in February.. They now have 450k players. I have done tapjoy offers, purchased lots of platinum and helped out/encouraged players to buy platinum. So really I am trying to get as much money into Spacetime as possible, in the hopes that it encourages them to push out new bigger/juicier contents faster.

5.) All you really need is the maps. You don't even need all of them either, some just plain out suck, and others are not required to hit 50 (Without being booted from every game of course). Platinum beyond that is just for not needed luxury's. I would say that Inventory spots and Respec's are needed though. It gets annoying when you try joining a game but you can't because your inventory is full. Also players often decide to change their builds, so respecs are needed if your a undecided player.

6.) Bought 1600 platinum. I only got so much because I get tons of free itunes giftcards for the holidays and I have nothing to spend them on. (I get my music and applications for free.) Oh and if your curious. I spend platinum like I got it (Cuz I do) and I have only used 550 of it. <-- A lot of that is Holiday packs (Halloween) and other stuff that is nice to get fast from platinum.

7.) I find the concept of Pocket Legends fun. Something about "Its World of Warcraft in your pocket!" is addicting. What I do isn't really fun but in hopes that it sets me up for some serious fun when new content comes. I basically farm gold and spend it on Holiday items. I am gonna hold onto them for a bit until price raises and sell them all when new content comes. That or sell enough to purchase new content items and horde the rest for the next Holiday. I estimate that I have 30-60 million gold in horded items. That is IF the prices raise to what I am expecting them to.

8.) Getting involved with the Forums! Because your gameplay gets taken to a new level once you get involved in the community. Thats only when you actually get onto the game though, the forums gets more of my time then the game now .

9.) Yup you can do just fine. Hybrids and/or dual builds are actually wanted more in PvE matches, because they bring different advantages to the table.

10.) Ipod FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    2) I think it does in a way, since the noobies should have it fairly essay at first, but I do think ao3 needs to be tougher.....
    It needs to be tuffer but less busy. Right now its easy but its hard not to run it for a hour and burn off 2000 potions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

1. I made money after I capped all 3 classes. Just didn't want to have money problems or such when new expansions come out. Made friends, it became more about them rather than playing the game.

2. Not really tougher per se, but a good group is very noticeable vs a bad one. It helps when your group knows what to do.

3. It depends really. Having friends that play well help with the finding a group part. Even with guilds, since its not implemented in game yet, its still hard to really just stick to one group all the time. I join random games when I have no choice.

4. Exactly whats been happening to me, and some good friends. I still love the game, and even if theres nothing much I can do in game anymore I hang around forums a lot. If I do get in game, I haven't really finished the entire cyber quest chain, so when I do get in game I try to do as much of it as I can.

5. Not really, no. Other than the character features like more inventory/slash slots, character slot, and other convenience type of plat purchases. The gear bit only works for the first few levels at most. But even then, you can make do without them.

6. About 1.5-2k plat. Not that I've spent it all, but I can't deny I do have some wasted purchases :P

7. Friends. The competition early on when expansions come out is fun too. There's not much to aim for content wise yet *hint* upgrading.

8. My first pink rare. Shock lance of legend. Wasn't the best, but made me so addicted to the game just to try and get the rest of the gear.

9. Tank/berserker bear doesn't really have that much of a difference. Well aside from a few skill points into slashes instead of others I believe. But I don't think theres much of a problem being both a tank/berserker bear. Dex bear is okay too, but not as good anymore.

10. I found it with an iPhone 4, loved it, and was planning to get an iPad, so PL was a deal sealer for me on getting the iPad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

1. I must be weird. I don't consider that I've finished the game. I don't know every boss, all their drops, and I haven't personally dropped everything. So lots to do. I have a bunch of characters and goals for each one and I log whichever on I feel like and do their goal -- type of character, level, gear. There's also merchanting, friends, talking to new people, helping people. I'm trying to stay focused on XMas stuff but I get distracted by cyber, by swamps, by Bad Mojo.

2. I think around level 30s it's good to have a group and about Ao1 or Ao2, you'll want to group or it'll take forever and you will die alot. I still see that swamps is hard for people; no clue why, so a group there is probably good. I would love to see dungeons stay difficult, but they seem to start hard, get rebalanced and become sorta easy.

3. People do organize runs, mostly people who talk offline or know each other RL or who generally play about the same time. In game, you use your friends list, which is another regular task: To massage your friends list(s). When I'm playing, one of the first things I check is my friends list, so it's important to do pick-up games regularly to meet new people, as old people play new characters or fall out of the game.

4. I'm not bored, but I do get burnt out with too much running in areas, so I gotta take a merchanting or sit-around-doing-nothing break once in awhile. There's only so much monster bashing I want to do before I want to do friendlier stuff.

5. Huh? Not sure I understand this, but I spend plats on packs, items, packs, additional characters, respecs, packs.

6. No clue, not on right now.

7. See above.

8. Um, when I started? There're lots and lots of funny moments and some annoying ones and fun people and fun times.

9. I don't see why not, however, in all games I play, I like playing different classes and trying out different skill sets, so that's what I do here as well. I just jump characters and skills. It helps me understand play better I think. And of course, keeps the game interesting for longer.

10. iPad. I also have an iTouch (forget which one) and some other igadgets laying about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Sorry, don't feel like answering all the questions right now. But I thought I should add some balance to all the 3-4k plat purchases. I've spent a total of $10-15, about 75-80 plat. I've only bought maps and a new character slot so I can have one of each char. If you're not sure about the game yet, go with the bare minimum needed for maps. Hell, you can even get free plat now from tapjoy. So don't go overboard with the plat, especially until you've decided whether to stick around.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

There are about 25-30 platinum worth of free offers right now I think. They also release new free platinum offers! Every single time Tapjoy gets a new client, it gets added to the wall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bump for more responses :-) Thanks to all so far.
    Ruscour - leveling Ursan Warrior, doing every quest in a content pack before I move on.
    13" MacBook, Gaming PC w/ WinXP 64, Laptop w/ PCLinuxOS, Netbook w/ Peppermint Linux, 64GB 3G iPad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

i suppose thats enough answers. tl;dw

though i heard something about buying lots of plat... 1k total covers a LOT for a LONG time, honestly
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*Mumbles* What i like.. twinking.. What i hate? *Groans* Mynas gens spammin me invites asking me to power lv asking me to join there darn farming..
    IGN: Skellerkrunch(50), Hawkrobin(50), Magiclegends(50), Oktal(45), Bladesword(45), mamccroc(35) Plothozz(30), Lechomp(20), Oktal (20), Monseiurlebow(20), Tharef(20), Smackolantern(19),

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have left. Much like you I've found the game too shallow and not engrossing enough for end game play. Like me take a break for a few months and then pop back in and see if it's improved. I'm going to take a break up until about March and then see if there is anything new to draw me back. Currently it's a game with MASSIVE potential that is like 30% from achieving it in any area.
    GAVRY - LEVEL 50 TANK | BAVIAN - LEVEL 50 CASTER
    Gavry's Great Ideas Thread | Pocket Legends Manual Thread | Skill Overhaul Document | Quest Overhaul Document
    To my friends, thanks for the good times. Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gavry View Post
    I have left. Much like you I've found the game too shallow and not engrossing enough for end game play. Like me take a break for a few months and then pop back in and see if it's improved. I'm going to take a break up until about March and then see if there is anything new to draw me back. Currently it's a game with MASSIVE potential that is like 30% from achieving it in any area.
    You're right, and I feel the same way. I look through the game and there are so many things that could be added to make PL just so amazing. And it is good, to play for 10 minutes here and there, as it is. It's a shame that Spacetime don't see the potential, or maybe they don't care. But I think if they spent 100% of their resources on PL they'd make a butt-load more money than on any other project. They already know how much Platinum people at max level can buy. If only they had incentive...

The main reason I was asking these questions was to answer my one personal question; would this game tie me over for my gaming needs (once I'm back at uni and busy etc) if I unsub from WoW. And the answer is no. But I'll still play PL.

Thank you very much to all responses.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

No problem Ruscour, Pocket Legends has a TON of gameplay additions in the future, but they are coming so darn slow. The players who first start playing in a couple months to a year from now will be lucky, so much more content will be available instantly for them. Right now we are only about halfway through the game, end game level will be 99. This also means massive increase in EXP needed for a level. They will also be adding side stuff like pets, housing, guilds and skills (hopefully).

The only problem is they are coming out with this new content extremely slowly... Everytime they release a dungeon, it gets played out in a matter of weeks while the next update is months away.