Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What is the Goblin Event? | Event Details, Rewards and More

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Now u can see more and more that sts only want money....tarlok was a nice event and fun for everyone...even the poor guys.But WTF u did?!?!This is just sht!
    8HOURS FOR MAYBE 7MINUTES GAMEPLAY IN THE EVENT?!!!?
    It's ok to prefer the platinum players....but not in THAT way!
    If u are doing such trash just make the energy hogher dropable,so everyone have the chance to play this event!
    I had a long time fun with this damn game and now ur changing it to an only p2w game! REALLY sad!!!Let everyone the chance to enjoy this event more than 7Minutes per day !

Officer at Legenden Sterben Nie

You will never be death as long anyone remember you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Lost at first when the "Event" started,

Now, seriously disappointed.

Got better things to do if these continues...

(BTW, I'm also a plats player, but limited)
    Last edited by Kopikao; 06-05-2014 at 12:25 PM.

IGN: Kopikao, Level 41 Rogue, Officer @ University Of Kraag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrismaker:1670381
    Now u can see more and more that sts only want money....tarlok was a nice event and fun for everyone...even the poor guys.But WTF u did?!?!This is just sht!
    8HOURS FOR MAYBE 7MINUTES GAMEPLAY IN THE EVENT?!!!?
    It's ok to prefer the platinum players....but not in THAT way!
    If u are doing such trash just make the energy hogher dropable,so everyone have the chance to play this event!
    I had a long time fun with this damn game and now ur changing it to an only p2w game! REALLY sad!!!Let everyone the chance to enjoy this event more than 7Minutes per day !
    Energy balls drops on any boss but drop is sooooo rare (did about 200 runs in Jarl and no single ball)...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kopikao View Post

(BTW, I'm also a plats player, but limited)
    This seems to have been forgotten, there is an AL middle class. We are not plat whales but we do buy some plat so we are not free players either.

This event seems to be a whale only event. It is driving the small paying player away because we see no hope for a reward. No hope will quickly translate into no desire to play.

I have no idea what percentage of sts income the middle class represents but I hope its enough that we can be heard.

To be clear I don't like this event, way too expensive to play with no rewards that are attainable at my economic status.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Thrindal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orageunas View Post
    Energy balls drops on any boss but drop is sooooo rare (did about 200 runs in Jarl and no single ball)...
    u only can loot energy ball from bosses inside that portal,chief fury is the most giver for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deck Kun:1670594
    u only can loot energy ball from bosses inside that portal,chief fury is the most giver for me.
    Oh if it is like that it worse than I thought...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Oh if it is like that it worse than I thought...
    yes its worst event ever,so sad even for plat user like me...and one thing i dont get it WHY RING LVL 2?i know it just a reward item,but why not rewarding us something useable for each class,something like a banana.
    Last edited by Deck Kun; 06-05-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrindal View Post
    This seems to have been forgotten, there is an AL middle class. We are not plat whales but we do buy some plat so we are not free players either.

This event seems to be a whale only event. It is driving the small paying player away because we see no hope for a reward. No hope will quickly translate into no desire to play.

I have no idea what percentage of sts income the middle class represents but I hope its enough that we can be heard.

To be clear I don't like this event, way too expensive to play with no rewards that are attainable at my economic status.
    way toop expensive and screwed up. third world countries whose internet disconnects every minute or so will feel robbed becuz theyd have to play plat to get in portal again

i would have been okay with the 8hr wait so long as if you didnt get to kill the boss (e.g. you got dc) you can get back in without having to play plat

also after hyping up the new client people were looking forward to this only to find out it is heavily plat laden.

shoulda let people know from the start. i dont play much arcabe these days unlike before. my gears are even still at lvl35 most of them
    Last edited by chitgoks; 06-05-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeocapat View Post
    Leaderboards, rewards based on your final position, amount of partecipation and money invested determining your rank. It got all the charateristics a standard contest should have but its called "goblin event". It should be called "goblin contest".
    im fine with the colored pets now. the shuyal ones were very ugly.

also when you said contest, i thought the word is wrong cuz it isnt a contest if its based on spending plats.

then again, a raffle contest like those enabling you to win a car or something entails you to spend. so yeah, this is a contest alright. not an event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

For the wind talisman of brutality (smurf)/potency(rogue), do you think it is better to proc the +25 stats "when dealing damage" (same as the ring) instead of "when taking damage"?

Basically rogues and smurfs are DPS classes. We do not tank thus chance to proc must be different from Warriors?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeisg View Post
    aw.. I wish the banner will be given to those who finished the quests in Goblin Event just like "Halloween Event" and "Winter Event" not just the Top Players that is in the LeaderBoard.
    +1 this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

why the ring is lvl 2????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusrevange View Post
    why the ring is lvl 2????
    Kinda curious too.. O.o
    PERSEVERANCE and HARDWORK Propels SUCCESS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Many people are unhappy of goblin event as we know, I think little changes could make things a lot better.
    Now if I enter in a portal and got dc I loose 8h or 15k (price in auction of a kit) or 5 plat and that's really bad.

My advice is: make energy kit like other kits so they will give to the player who opens them a 30 min time in which they can found portals(and make portals rare as locked), they can't be found without an energy kit opened. This will avoid (or reduce) dc losts and make non plat spenders happier because they will be able to find more than 1 portal with 1 energy kit based on their luck.

Another thing that in my opinion doesn't work in this event is that the cost of energy kits is 15k and ironbite (the less expensive desirable thing) in auction costs already 100k and every minute it's price falls, now many player are discouraged to buy kits because it's easier to spend 100k and be sure to have the pet than to try with kits because 6-7 kits (90-105k) won't give them the 65 tokens needed for ironbite, so in next event lower the tokens needed for the less desirable item or make boss drop more tokens or put an npc that sells kits for 10-11k to prevent it's price in auction be too high in comparison to the less charming item.

I really think that with those 2 changes many more player both low plat spenders and non plat spenders will join the event and have more fun.
    Sts remember that it's probably better for you too if many many players buy a few kits than if a few players buy many many kits, the first case will happen only if people got a target they can join. People buy many luck elisir because they know the risk is right for the possible reward, they can hunt lockeds and find 3-6 or try elite burning some kits into junk and others finding very rare legendary items. If the risk to loose money(real and not) is very high and to gain money very low they won't play anymore, you'll lose clients and players will loose fun and time spent. Arcane Legends has got a big potential bring it out and will be better for everyone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Two-fold reason on why the event is a failure: the big prizes for top 3 leaderboard, and the huge lack of free energy.

The top 25 banners would've been enough of a prize, and people wouldn't be killing themselves like they are now by playing so fervently for top prizes.

The event may seem profitable so far, but only because of those 3 prize positions. In other words, it an event of revenue being provided from a handful of people.

If we removed the 3 prizes, less revenue wold likely be made. That doesn't mean no big prizes = bad profits. Don't come up with that false syllogism. It means no big prizes = you are left with a system/event that is very lame and boring to your customers. That's the problem. This event has nothing enjoyable to it.

If you are hell bent on continuing the energy system for future events and including top prizes, here is a suggestion that can really help the popularity: make energy KITS farmable. Only from Shuyal and Trindin bosses, as rare drops. KITS! Not just energy. This way, the free pplayers have something to farm during the event.

Next...the client update. ...seriously? We've been wanting the client update to fix bugs...and we've gotten as many bugs as noteworthy fixes (sorry, but fixing jumping through tavern walls is not a real bug issue). Fixes: pet/skill cool down switching. Passives and pet bonsus display in avatar (2 years later...no one really even cared at this point). Bugs: people can't acess more than 5 pets in their stable. Upgrading gear system is busted.
    Those bugs...are way worse than the good of the fixes.

Oh, and the the annoying bug from the previous client update is still around. Liquidating items from our inventories is still broken.

This whole thing was overhyped...the event and the client.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Morholt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

can any1 answer this question, when does this event ends? thanks
    - Bamisoup - Rogue - Proud Recruiter of Enigmatic -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KaKiT View Post
    can any1 answer this question, when does this event ends? thanks
    Tuesday
    (June 10th).
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Morholt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I just wish for this lame event to end and for sts to start properly fixing the important bugs. So much anticipation for the new client and event, now I just don't feel like logging in these days.
    "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

This is a good system, I'm enjoying it. I also see an attempt to move some dependency away from crates, and currency control, which I think is a good move. But maybe there could be something quite substantial for the middle market, these players do help make Arlor a better, more multidimensional place. They probably help keep your spenders around more than is obvious. Nice work.

Alphagun /TRUEORIGIN/ Fullsick
    <Five Elements>
    Speed Demon
    Guides| MerchMidas | Youtube