Thread: Australian thread is go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Australian thread is go.

If you live in Australia, you must post in this thread.

This is not just an Australian recognition thread, it is also something else. I am posing a question to ye.

We all know that typical foreigner opinions of Australia are dead wrong (eg, we ride kangaroos, keep koalas as pets, Brits still think we're all convicts, Yanks think we're a desert), but what is the one thing you do that is ridiculously stereotypical?

I personally eat a ton of Vegemite and always say g'day instead of hello.

Also, our dollar is uber strong at the moment, 'tis a good time to buy Platinum. We're stronger than the US dollar! Huzzah!
    Ruscour - leveling Ursan Warrior, doing every quest in a content pack before I move on.
    Finished everywhere up to yetiville :-D
    13" MacBook, Gaming PC w/ WinXP 64, Laptop w/ PCLinuxOS, Netbook w/ Peppermint Linux, 64GB 3G iPad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you dont ride kangaroos to work? *gasp* i never would have guessed! and i always thought that you were a bunch of hardcore criminals living in a barren wasteland with your pet koalas. and i had absolutely no idea you guys liked vegemite; i wouldve sworn you guys hated that stuff. my mind. BLOWN.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cormz View Post
    you dont ride kangaroos to work? *gasp* i never would have guessed! and i always thought that you were a bunch of hardcore criminals living in a barren wasteland with your pet koalas. and i had absolutely no idea you guys liked vegemite; i wouldve sworn you guys hated that stuff. my mind. BLOWN.
    Lol.

I'd like to see you say that in their face. Aussies are the biggest and most buff race I have ever encountered. Caucasian of course. Kiwis are the biggest among the darker skin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Lol.

I'd like to see you say that in their face. Aussies are the biggest and most buff race I have ever encountered. Caucasian of course. Kiwis are the biggest among the darker skin.
    No. Samoans are buffer than Kiwis. In every local rugby league in the country there's some team with this 150kg Samoan bloke who smashes everyone.

And I know that most people understand that Australia isn't the set of retarded assumptions in the original post, but there's still those who do, and it's scary :O
    Ruscour - leveling Ursan Warrior, doing every quest in a content pack before I move on.
    Finished everywhere up to yetiville :-D
    13" MacBook, Gaming PC w/ WinXP 64, Laptop w/ PCLinuxOS, Netbook w/ Peppermint Linux, 64GB 3G iPad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruscour View Post
    No. Samoans are buffer than Kiwis. In every local rugby league in the country there's some team with this 150kg Samoan bloke who smashes everyone.

And I know that most people understand that Australia isn't the set of retarded assumptions in the original post, but there's still those who do, and it's scary :O
    I've encountered :P

Sadly, yes. I've come across some and just feel sad at how ignorant they are.

Senior Member MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

hi i live in australia
    Current Active account: Okaberintarou and Xranmourix