Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on all 5 Classes - Conversation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionstrike View Post
    You could definitely do a bird for a change, which is a powerful class but has a different style for effective damage dealing than mage. I'm puzzled by the "bears are boring" comments, as I find this class interesting to play well. But I guess if you don't really get how to do the crowd control part well and just randomly spam skills it would seem pretty boring. I find bird and fox the most boring because all they do is pump out damage. Well, rhino is boring too because of how wussy it is, but it at least is potentially more interesting with its support bent.

Anyway, I'll stick with my bird recommendation seeing as you like mage for its aoe. Or learn to play bear well and dis the naysayers who think it's boring.
    I find bear boring cuz its op, bird and fox are fun cuz they take skillz to kill properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    I find bear boring cuz its op, bird and fox are fun cuz they take skillz to kill properly.
    I presume you're talking about pvp here. I got the impression OP was talking about pve. My comments certainly were.

Per most recent question, I like bear best myself. It was my first char, so that's part of it. Then I discovered forum and the how-to info on good bear play and I learned there was a lot more to it than I realized. After practicing a while, I found it a lot of fun to figure out how to maximize my own performance and that of the party by deploying my skills well. I can see how others would find it tiring though because it's not as easy as focusing on laying down damage. It's funny that what I like about it turns others off; to each his own.

I would say nuke Mage comes in second for me on the fun scale. Although it's really hard to stay alive at higher levels, it's hard to beat wreaking things with a pure int staff Mage. Get a 3x combo and it's time to make some smoking craters out of the baddies.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

PvE, guys! PvE!
    I'm not all into PvP.
    All of my questions asked previously were on opinions on classes for PvE!
    I should add that into title.. :what:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

King, I (and I believe Fusion) were talking about PvE, I didn't talk about PvP for a reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    Rhino doesn't really have the best Support heal though, it's not nearly as good as Mage, plus it has an extra 2 second CD.

@OP Like I said, I would do bird, but since you are interested in fox, it may not be the WORST idea. The only thing I would say is, avoid doing bear or rhino. Bear is just too boring, and rhino is support, just like your Mage. Fox and birds are fun, especially not using strength sets on them. Full dex fox is crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yeah but the self-heal on rhino gives it +50 hp per second for a solid 5 seconds I think... as a tank I would take that over a mages heal due to the delay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

I enjoy each class, I just set my mind to play within the boundaries of the toon I'm playing. But I guess bird would be my favorite if I had to pick.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Yeah but the self-heal on rhino gives it +50 hp per second for a solid 5 seconds I think... as a tank I would take that over a mages heal due to the delay.
    Yes of course for the survivability, but when you're talking about Support Heal, mage of course wins. 50 HP per second for 5 second is 250 overall health, plus the first heal which is around 150. While I've seen mages heal 350 to themselves, team members, and have a two second less CD, so I'd rather pick it, just my opinion

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    King, I (and I believe Fusion) were talking about PvE, I didn't talk about PvP for a reason.

I am as well.

Regarding the heal, i think I forgot to mention the rhino has the most powerful self-heal. Powerful, not fast. Reason being the heal, and the 5 second regeneration.
    @Ghost: I've seen and tested it, so unless i did something wrong, the 5 second health regeneration does not affect team members.

Rhinos heal itself without regeneration to team members makes it that mages heal is better than rhinos, for support at least.
    Now if rhinos heal gave regeneration to team members..thats a different story...
    They would take over the world

I prefer shadow caves

Wow this thread kinda went derailed...i think? I dunno.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, I've been trying the bird lately.
    (Level 60 now.). And, I like the bird because of the sheer dps and debuffs. But, as a main? I don't know.
    I am trying to give everyone class a try, so I think I'll try the bear now..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

my bud endypwns selling lvl 61 or Orlok set if anyone wants