Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Goblin Event Official Suggestions and Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I have to agree with many of the negative points already pointed out about this event in this thread. I was going to spend a little plat to do some goblin farming, but after looking at the leaderboard, it's just a waste. Enough said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    Then your not elite are you? Learn what hardcore elite players are, they don't just log on play for a few hours then scramble of they play hard, meaning "Elite"
    I used to do elites but eventually gave up. when it's the same outcome ever time. good loot or bad.i play this for fun not to waste my life

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

I'd say PL still > AL. Atleast in PL we enjoyed the events.
    Last edited by Back; 06-05-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlegion View Post
    I used to do elites but eventually gave up. when it's the same outcome ever time. good loot or bad.i play this for fun not to waste my life

Then what exactly is your point, this is a game that takes a lot of your time, isn't meant to focus ALL into that one type of person, (you) hpisnt hard to log on and do 4 runs that takes about 10-15 mins or do you not even play for over 5 mins? Seems like it. A day for only what 5 days ? I dunno how long the event goes for so..
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

This is rhe worst event i have participated in, my rating on play store went from 5 to 1 stars, i hope you can understand why.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    Then what exactly is your point, this is a game that takes a lot of your time, isn't meant to focus ALL into that one type of person, (you) hpisnt hard to log on and do 4 runs that takes about 10-15 mins or do you not even play for over 5 mins? Seems like it. A day for only what 5 days ? I dunno how long the event goes for so..
    Trust me I used be a hardcore player staying on for 3 hours a day some times even longer . But that 3 hours kept on decreaseing. If thier nothing fun to do I don't see the reason to waste my time. Loged on yesterday to play the event only to be disappointed
    Last edited by Majorlegion; 06-05-2014 at 07:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Rich people become richer than they are already, just be rogue or mage, with many gold / plat and a friend to keep you open a portal, good job.
    Ps. In addition, you need a lot of coffee to stay awake and not allowed breaks pee / eat.
    Last edited by Kill3rPao; 06-05-2014 at 08:00 AM.
    Beware of lightning

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kill3rPao For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    If you can log in and play daily, you can do 3 boss runs to advance in tiers. The higher tier bosses are harder, but they drop more tokens. You can get to gold tier and enough tokens for several items from the token vendor (depending on what you want to buy). That's all free to play. I hope that helps.
    Lets be realistic here.... For most part players don't give a hoot about the legendaries, we all want a chance to win the shard and the pets. What i believe many are suggesting is that you should make this event skill based not just who can run as many times in 6 days.

Im a heavy plat spender (though my spend has dropped since dragon update by 2/3) and after 2 or 3 runs i soon became extremely aware that i wasn't going to get anywhere near the top of the lb. This is a problem for STS...... In an hour or so you you have single handedly disappointed 90% (an understatement) of your plat spenders. i wont be spending any more on the event..... Soz. I'll just be saving for the new pet instead

Also you may want to look at the mechanics of how this is run.... there are many bugs that players are abusing.

Please don't do this for the main event, ignore the amount of plat that would need to be spent and think about your players please.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

10. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    Lets be realistic here.... For most part players don't give a hoot about the legendaries, we all want a chance to win the shard and the pets. What i believe many are suggesting is that you should make this event skill based not just who can run as many times in 6 days.

Im a heavy plat spender (though my spend has dropped since dragon update by 2/3) and after 2 or 3 runs i soon became extremely aware that i wasn't going to get anywhere near the top of the lb. This is a problem for STS...... In an hour or so you you have single handedly disappointed 90% (an understatement) of your plat spenders. i wont be spending any more on the event..... Soz. I'll just be saving for the new pet instead

Also you may want to look at the mechanics of how this is run.... there are many bugs that players are abusing.

Please don't do this for the main event, ignore the amount of plat that would need to be spent and think about your players please.
    This exactly. Every word of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Out of thanks, but +1

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

What jon said.! Out of thanks.
    Beware of lightning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

This Jon^

I naively spent some 20 plats yesterday and then I looked at the LB and heard about abusing.

No, thanks. I will save plats for crate popping in the right moment.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post

I naively spent some 20 plats yesterday and then I looked at the LB and heard about abusing.

Yes exactly. Now we have to compete with people using exploits, bots, and account sharing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

exactly! after only one day, looking at lb and all the abuse, most players already regret spending plat at all at this event and stopped participating.

tarlok brought players online, this energy mechanic / contest ruleset drives players offline.

also it would be really good to give players something for collected lb points not based on an lb rank, which is already out of reach, so there s a reason to continue.

save the main event!

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I agree with many that posted here. I buy a fair amount of plat myself and would have probably farmed for at least the warrior trinket if it had damage on it but it would be a pretty hefty cost to be honest. We have no chance of farming and saving for cool vanities or eggs to sell later and make any profit. Tarlok was great and I would gladly put up a few plat here and there for a chance at the better bosses but 5 plat per run is lame and there is really no reward. I feel extremely bad for many players that are still actively trying to farm this contest as it is a huge gold and plat sink hole. (maybe that was the intention?) Unfortunately it is hurting more then the wealthiest and many are blindly farming with some hope of reward that isn't there. I remember farming Tarlok portals and saving up for Prance eggs and Rogue vanities. You didn't need plat to get a few eggs and vanities if you farmed enough portals. This would be a much better contest if it had chests with drops, way more tokens left by bosses and free entry into portals.

Proud Officer of < Elite Runners >

19. The Following User Says Thank You to saazapek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    exactly! after only one day, looking at lb and all the abuse, most players already regret spending plat at all at this event and stopped participating.

tarlok brought players online, this energy mechanic / contest ruleset drives players offline.

also it would be really good to give players something for collected lb points not based on an lb rank, which is already out of reach, so there s a reason to continue.

save the main event!
    Agreed, Tarlok event was Better and If they Make something like "Fun Lb(s)" like "Inviter" (category) when the player finds a Portal and when the Players invited to the portal , the no of players invited will be added to his counter ...(little bad) STG Could do something Great, Adding a Weapon isn't a Hard job...Why not Mythic Amulets in Locks this event?:/(just an idea)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

The only good thing to come from this event was the Wild Talismans. +1 to whoever made them!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

I'm not even close to a big spender and with this kind of events i won't even think on spending a single penny again, there is no point, I won't have any chance to win, locked crates are already frustrating enough ($89.99 USD, open 100 crates, gets 2000 gold + 2000 gold +2000 gold x 100).

This event is poorly designed and it's only turning ppl agaisnt sts or eachother, creating a very bad user experience
    Last edited by samuraisoul; 06-05-2014 at 09:26 AM.

“New eras don't come about because of swords, they're created by the people who wield them.”

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samuraisoul For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eiio View Post
    Warrior weapon, blighted glaive of potency looks good. Already want one
    Just two cuestions:
    -Energy balls drop from regular bosses?
    -Why i only fight little horn xD

The event its pretty cool, thanks for tour effort.
    That Question is Rounding my Mind....Same....:O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I have some thoughts about the prizes, let me quote samhayne:

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    At the end of Season #1 of the Leaderboards, vanity banner prizes were only granted to the #1 leaderboard position holder. Our plan is to increase the rewards to be all of the leaderboard (or even more - the team is still looking at options) to thereby reduce competition and the desire to kill farm. Our hope is that people just play and have fun and if they play avidly, they'll probably make it on the expanded leaderboard.

While we reserve the right to ban for any reason, we are not currently closing accounts for kill farming.
    Now you awarding the lb1 and 2-3 only, what happend with this mentality?
    Last edited by Haligali; 06-05-2014 at 10:13 AM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post: