Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Goblin Event Official Suggestions and Feedback Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    Lets be realistic here.... For most part players don't give a hoot about the legendaries, we all want a chance to win the shard and the pets. What i believe many are suggesting is that you should make this event skill based not just who can run as many times in 6 days.

Im a heavy plat spender (though my spend has dropped since dragon update by 2/3) and after 2 or 3 runs i soon became extremely aware that i wasn't going to get anywhere near the top of the lb. This is a problem for STS...... In an hour or so you you have single handedly disappointed 90% (an understatement) of your plat spenders. i wont be spending any more on the event..... Soz. I'll just be saving for the new pet instead

Also you may want to look at the mechanics of how this is run.... there are many bugs that players are abusing.

Please don't do this for the main event, ignore the amount of plat that would need to be spent and think about your players please.
    This exactly. Every word of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Lets be realistic here.... For most part players don't give a hoot about the legendaries, we all want a chance to win the shard and the pets. What i believe many are suggesting is that you should make this event skill based not just who can run as many times in 6 days.

Im a heavy plat spender (though my spend has dropped since dragon update by 2/3) and after 2 or 3 runs i soon became extremely aware that i wasn't going to get anywhere near the top of the lb. This is a problem for STS...... In an hour or so you you have single handedly disappointed 90% (an understatement) of your plat spenders. i wont be spending any more on the event..... Soz. I'll just be saving for the new pet instead

Also you may want to look at the mechanics of how this is run.... there are many bugs that players are abusing.

Please don't do this for the main event, ignore the amount of plat that would need to be spent and think about your players please.
    Out of thanks, but +1

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

What jon said.! Out of thanks.
    Beware of lightning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

This Jon^

I naively spent some 20 plats yesterday and then I looked at the LB and heard about abusing.

No, thanks. I will save plats for crate popping in the right moment.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post

I naively spent some 20 plats yesterday and then I looked at the LB and heard about abusing.

Yes exactly. Now we have to compete with people using exploits, bots, and account sharing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

exactly! after only one day, looking at lb and all the abuse, most players already regret spending plat at all at this event and stopped participating.

tarlok brought players online, this energy mechanic / contest ruleset drives players offline.

also it would be really good to give players something for collected lb points not based on an lb rank, which is already out of reach, so there s a reason to continue.

save the main event!

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    exactly! after only one day, looking at lb and all the abuse, most players already regret spending plat at all at this event and stopped participating.

tarlok brought players online, this energy mechanic / contest ruleset drives players offline.

also it would be really good to give players something for collected lb points not based on an lb rank, which is already out of reach, so there s a reason to continue.

save the main event!
    Agreed, Tarlok event was Better and If they Make something like "Fun Lb(s)" like "Inviter" (category) when the player finds a Portal and when the Players invited to the portal , the no of players invited will be added to his counter ...(little bad) STG Could do something Great, Adding a Weapon isn't a Hard job...Why not Mythic Amulets in Locks this event?:/(just an idea)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

I'm not even close to a big spender and with this kind of events i won't even think on spending a single penny again, there is no point, I won't have any chance to win, locked crates are already frustrating enough ($89.99 USD, open 100 crates, gets 2000 gold + 2000 gold +2000 gold x 100).

This event is poorly designed and it's only turning ppl agaisnt sts or eachother, creating a very bad user experience
    Last edited by samuraisoul; 06-05-2014 at 09:26 AM.

“New eras don't come about because of swords, they're created by the people who wield them.”

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samuraisoul For This Useful Post:

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

In a way this is exactly why we're doing a smaller event before the main one. There is a lot of feedback to go through, and while a lot of it is negative not all of it is. We are identifying issues, as well as looking at how players are playing and ways to refine the experience for everyone.

There will certainly be refinements in how the next event plays out, taking into consideration a lot of the things mentioned in this and in other threads, as well as our own metrics related to the event and how it is being played.

We certainly thank you all for your feedback, we are listening!

Specifically related to the Goblin Event, it's very hard to make changes when there are rewards and leaderboards on the line. Changing the rules mid event would be even more catastrophic. The important take away for everyone is even though we are quiet on the boards, we are definitely having meetings and discussions to address the system moving forward and for the better.
    Last edited by Carapace; 06-05-2014 at 05:13 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    In a way this is exactly why we're doing a smaller event before the main one. There is a lot of feedback to go through, and while a lot of it is negative not all of it is. We are identifying issues, as well as looking at how players are playing and ways to refine the experience for everyone.

There will certainly be refinements in how the next event plays out, taking into consideration a lot of the things mentioned in this and in other threads, as well as our own metrics related to the event and how it is being played.

Specifically related to the Goblin Event, it's very hard to make changes when there are rewards and leaderboards on the line. Changing the rules mid event would be even more catastrophic. The important take away for everyone is even though we are quiet on the boards, we are definitely having meetings and discussions to address the system moving forward and for the better.
    ( out of thanks )
    Last edited by Carapace; 06-05-2014 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Adding edited portion of Carapace post to quote
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Just burn the energy system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Thank you for Listening! Please take into Consideration, that people right now invested Plat into the Competition only to learn that with current tolerated abuse they basically burned money.
    So you re damned if you do change things and you re damned if you don t.
    I am really very happy with the new Client changes, all i am asking for this event is, give all people a reward who achieved some treshold of lb points so the effort is not wasted. And please make sure, that we don t have to watch the lb players win by abusing the system and outplatting each other in the next event .i am sure a healthy mix of skill and luck based taskes will be prefered by plat and non plat users as well, as the current abuse and brute plat approach to get limited items only alienates the player base.
    i really appreciate how stg communicates with it s players!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

You Should Continue The Contest On Forums And Give Away 2 Or 3 More Wolves And Alot More Banners
    Click the link to get to my new Signature Shop!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

I won't lie, I was expecting at some point the leader board would be separated by class. Even if you don't want to hand out 3 shards, you can at least give some token of "hey look at this guy's accomplishment" to the top mage and top warrior. Many players are in full support of a class separated leader board for this very reason, equal opportunity.

It is the end of day 2 of a 6 day event. I still think that there is time for this small change that many players have been lobbying for.

The event, no matter what people say, is much better than the tarlok system from a nonplat buyer's position. I am able to run nonstop by spending gold. Other players buy kits with plat and thus I create a demand for a disposable platinum product. The result is that I can run without plat and STG still turns a profit. Genius. I fully support a kit type system for the next event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I wanted to make a suggestion that I believe is very important.
    Please, make the token vendor, Jerald of Arlor, available for a few days after the event ends. He can make a visit to Windmoore.
    Nothing would suck more that realizing on Tuesday evening that all my tokens are gone and I haven't bought a thing, because I was hoping to get the last 2 tokens needed for the next best thing.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    If you can log in and play daily, you can do 3 boss runs to advance in tiers. The higher tier bosses are harder, but they drop more tokens. You can get to gold tier and enough tokens for several items from the token vendor (depending on what you want to buy). That's all free to play. I hope that helps.
    Here is my near end token total.. I'll get two energy before the event ends tomorrow so 12 more if I'm lucky and get major payne, plus the two from the daily so 14 added to this for a total of 90 tokens for this event. I did not buy any energy at all and one energy was always on CD, but I did get lucky and got two free energy from the bosses. I'm unable to get the weapon or the amulet.... which is the best item in the event besides gyrm.

Since I did NOT PAY in plat or in gold I do not get the best item the event has to offer. Bummed just bummed with this energy system.

Last edited by Raregem; 06-09-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I put this on the announcement thread but see that it was the wrong area, so adding it here. Please don't make the next event like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    I am also disappointed in this event. The three energy every 8 hours took the fun right out of it. I'm not opposed to spending plat on stuff like this but when it is impossible to even get a leaderboard spot without spending hundreds of real life money on one event that ends in 7 days why bother. I was really looking forward to this event with the the hype surrounding it, now it's just another thing that is unattainable.

The Tarlok event was perfect everyone got to have fun and be included regardless of your plat spending status. Sure you can buy energy at the CS but I am doubting that your regular everyday players have the millions of gold it would take to actually compete in this event.

I can not imagine the time it takes to plan/design code things like this and definitely understand the push for people to spend plat here, but it could of been done another way. I do want to say Thank you to guys for taking the time to plan stuff out like this and the hard hours you put in to do it. The event itself is really neat, it's just how you have to participate in it that is a downer.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

5 plat to enter, but you can buy a bulk for 25 plat at vendor which is 5 entry so its .. its the same, whats the point of the bulk then?

Im a moderate plat spender, but i dont see why should i spend 5 plat to one entry. On tarlok event, with 5 plat i got the best boss and the loot of almost guaranteed gold chest and 40 token, now crap rare and epic items +2 token.

Also, portals are not so rare, its not fun to find and search and invite friends cuz there is one portal at each pve map.(sometimes more, double portal happens quite often) Just go in tombs or any normal map, there is a high chance to find one right at first corner.
    Last edited by Haligali; 06-04-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

This event basically is who can play 24/7 and spend the most plat. The players on the Goblin lb already have some of the best weapons in game i.e arcane ring, maul, staff etc. To make the first place prize an arcane shard is making this who can buy the most on plats/kits. Very dissapointed. I hope the main event is better...

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anyona For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Hopely main event is better.