Thread: Balefort "Lottery" Terminal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Default Balefort "Lottery" Terminal

Feature Requested: A lottery system in Balefort Castle.

Why: Everyone seems to want a raffle or lottery but when handled by players they are highly prone to scam, theft and general mismanagement. An in-game central lottery system accessible by all PL players would offer a no-risk solution to all players having a legitimate shot at winning "the big one".

I would be very pleased to see this feature rolled out to PL in the next few months, as I am certain many others would, too.

I would appreciate a response from STS devs regarding this request.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Kind regards,

-Draebatad

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is good but i would like only to remind about native cuz i download in my new phone pl and i redeemed all plats thire and i fallow all requirements but no plat give thats all hope to help me cuz i need it tnx Sts....

By: Fourgiveyou L.76
    JhonxP L.75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Thanks for the support, but your issue is really off-topic for this thread. I suggest you contact STS support directly at support@spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

I am the lottery lols
    77 - Emagency, Bearnacle, Tweetment
    l2 WandnBracer - WeeklyRaffle
    I'm your Pocket Legends Weekly Raffle Host

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emagency For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    Thanks for the support, but your issue is really off-topic for this thread. I suggest you contact STS support directly at support@spacetimestudios.com
    Lol?

It's a suggestion. How is it off topic?

Emagency has been running a legit lottery for a few weeks now. The devs have more important things to focus on. In the next 3-19 years we may receive a new cap/update

Thanks,
    ~Dillon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Promagin View Post
    Lol?

It's a suggestion. How is it off topic?
    Because it was completely off-topic and unrelated. It's proper forum etiquette to create one's own thread with off-topic issues such as his/hers, as opposed to hijacking other people's threads. However his/her issue IMO would be better addressed through support, hence the referral.

Quote Originally Posted by Emagency
    I am the lottery lols
    No, you're not the lottery

A well intended person taking on a lot of responsibility and liability and only gaining the buy-in from a very small percentage of the player base doesn't compare to an in-game lottery system. It's not even on the same scale. A person couldn't handle a large game-wide turnout for a regular or even one-time lottery - we're talking a lot of players, record keeping and gold stashing. And a person would get burned out pretty quick if there was a miraculously high turn-out.

Any official state lottery is truly random and the selections for winners do not get chosen by people. There's a reason for that, it's fair and not in any way subjective. I can't say the same for a "lottery" that is ran by any person, even the most well intentioned, and that's not in any way a jab at you. The PL player base could have faith in the fairness of a PL lottery system and the turnout would be volumes more. In the end, an in-game central lottery terminal is the only way to go.

Besides, you want time to game, not just to be a clerk running a micro-lottery
    Last edited by Draebatad; 06-05-2014 at 09:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    Because it was completely off-topic and unrelated. It's proper forum etiquette to create one's own thread with off-topic issues such as his/hers, as opposed to hijacking other people's threads. However his/her issue IMO would be better addressed through support, hence the referral.

No, you're not the lottery

A well intended person taking on a lot of responsibility and liability and only gaining the buy-in from a very small percentage of the player base doesn't compare to an in-game lottery system. It's not even on the same scale. A person couldn't handle a large game-wide turnout for a regular or even one-time lottery - we're talking a lot of players, record keeping and gold stashing. And a person would get burned out pretty quick if there was a miraculously high turn-out.

Any official state lottery is truly random and the selections for winners do not get chosen by people. There's a reason for that, it's fair and not in any way subjective. I can't say the same for a "lottery" that is ran by any person, even the most well intentioned, and that's not in any way a jab at you. The PL player base could have faith in the fairness of a PL lottery system and the turnout would be volumes more. In the end, an in-game central lottery terminal is the only way to go.

Besides, you want time to game, not just to be a clerk running a micro-lottery
    Hey man,

I didn't realize you were the creator of the thread, it was 1:30 am when I posted that yesterday and my mind was sleeping
    The way I saw it was Jhon was the creator of the thread and you responded that it was off-topic. I hope you will accept my apology.

Thanks,
    ~Dillon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

It's all good, bro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

I assure you that my raffle is 100% random, and not a selective event. Just making sure that is clear lol
    77 - Emagency, Bearnacle, Tweetment
    l2 WandnBracer - WeeklyRaffle
    I'm your Pocket Legends Weekly Raffle Host

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Emagency View Post
    I assure you that my raffle is 100% random, and not a selective event. Just making sure that is clear lol

I agree with this statement LOL