Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Goblin Event Update | Changes and What to Expect in the coming Ursoth's Assault Event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

It will be interesting to see whether people who dont buy energy actually get enough tokens to get anything at all from this event.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

everything should just be free.
    i want a brand new capped toon of every class with all top gears built in, and free upgrades to all the newest stuff released.
    and a twink for every level with top equips as well.
    go on and throw in all pets ever with all my toons.
    any event that happens is a hassle, just gimme the dang stuff.
    i need my gold capped as well, and raise the cap while you are at it.
    still awaiting my STS credit card so i can get all the plat i want, too.
    next 9 posts reserved for when i decide what else i should have.

whats that noise outside? must be the WAAAHHHHmbulance. GTG.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

hmm so instead of making the portals disappear
    after 30 sec u put them in city so plat users life gets even more easier, wooooow

were the heavy plat users complaining abt the run to portal?
    Last edited by valheeru; 06-05-2014 at 04:43 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to valheeru For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Imho I think it takes way to long for you to get (replinish) one energy. Most people would rather see it shorted to like an hour or two because when you think about it that's 8hours per energy, so to refill energy that would be a total of 24 hours. A FULL DAY!!!! I think that is kind of a little outrageous... I'm pretty sure most people would agree with me

6. The Following User Says Thank You to greandeath For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post

Have I mentioned lately that our community is the best? Since the launch of the Goblin Event yesterday afternoon, we've received pages and pages of feedback from you all as you play through and explore what the new event system has to offer. Some of it's good, some of it's bad, but all around this small-scale event has done exactly what we hoped it would: test out this new system and expose things that we need to change, fix, or tweak before the big Ursoth's Assault Event that is coming in the near future.

The design and development team met this morning to discuss some of your most pressing concerns. Here are the changes that you can expect to see in this event, and more importantly, in the next event: Ursoth's Assault.

Portal to Dungeon Added to Littleridge Refugee Camp

Players were exploiting portals by "holding them open" and entering to run event dungeons again and again. We love that you want to play more and more of the event, but this is not how the portals were meant to be used. We've added a portal to the Littleridge Refugee Camp that stays open 24/7 and costs one energy to enter. While portals will still spawn off of mobs in the world, you can use this new portal to spend your energy quickly and easily. If that's your thing. No need to hold them open anymore.

I stopped reading there.
    Sts this time is so concentrated in making the players spend plat it makes you sad.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jeocapat For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sorry STS but you definitely losing the best MMO title if this buzzkill you call the energy system is not fixed and fixed fast. I don't want to have to wait to Ursoth Assault to go back to anticipating and enjoying events. As it is I've spent more time off game to nod furiously at the complaints on the feedback thread. I rather be in game killing monsters but the portals that open and I can't enter just kill it for me.
    Last edited by calicobridge; 06-05-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calicobridge View Post
    Sorry STS but you definitely losing the best MMO title if this buzzkill you call the energy system is not fixed and fixed fast. I don't want to have to wait to Ursoth Assault to go back to anticipating and enjoying events. As it is I've spent more time off game to nod furiously at the complaints on the feedback thread. I rather be in game killing monsters but the portals that open and I can't enter just kill it for me.
    i think they forgot they need non plat users to vote then
    Valheeru / Valaltor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

So you removed the exploit which is perfectly fine, but now you are charging a convenience fee on top of the energy cost.

I don't understand why its not just a flat plat-only cost to enter this portal. Energy users can go hunt their portals and use their energy.

I'm not sure what was discussed in that meeting, but I really don't see any resolution in regards to the energy replenish rate which is making this event a big disappointment for plat and non plat players alike.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Now it's too late to make changes in this event . Players were exploiting portals by "holding them open" and entering to run event dungeons again and again. Cit.
    This was not obvious that to happen? Seriously.
    Last edited by Kill3rPao; 06-05-2014 at 05:20 PM.
    Beware of lightning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Milking lvl over 9000+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mjrpain View Post
    So make the mob portals free and more rare and the village portal paid. Energy system is going to ruin this game.
    This! Go back to the Tarlok event system and everyone will be happy. The portals in the middle of mobs cause players to leave in the middle or runs as well, which is hard on people who are trying to get to a difficult boss. Make portals spawn after bosses are killed, keep the same spawn rate as the Tarlok portal chances they are free to enter. Portal in the village can cost plat. I don't remember many people complaining about the Tarlok event 90% of your users were happy. Now 90% are unhappy.

If revenue wasn't enough from the Tarlok event and that's why this energy system was put in place consider adding a new mythic pet for 250 plat making the egg version buyable as well like with the ripmaw weekend event. People buy pets... and it adds to plat spending during events. If people are told it's a one time only will not be reappearing EVER pet and the stats are good it will sell.
    Last edited by Raregem; 06-05-2014 at 05:29 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Where is the reimbursements to all the players not using the exploit? They were spending plat and gave up after watching these guys triple their scores? I am confused how you developers can actually call this a fix for all your paying customers who were cheated. Let's not mention, the lb players get no punishment? Lol

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJaNear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Search for free portals was a fun during tarlok event, can we have something similar? These portals now quite common..
    I agree this would be a good strategy for STS, but make these "free" portals somewhat rare, and make them only spawn after beating the boss. Maybe have the chance be much greater after beating an elite tindirin boss. But also make sure the portals disappear after a minute so that players cannot hold them open.

This way players who do not have much plat can still keep busy farming and looking for the free portals, while players who have plat can buy entry to the energy portal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NJaNear View Post
    Where is the reimbursements to all the players not using the exploit? They were spending plat and gave up after watching these guys triple their scores? I am confused how you developers can actually call this a fix for all your paying customers who were cheated. Let's not mention, the lb players get no punishment? Lol
    Gotta keep the sugar daddies and sugar mommies happy.

Smaller plat spenders don't seem to rate.

While it seems obvious players loved Tarlok obviously sts didn't make enough on the event. I would think just adding the mythic weapons to a tarlok like event would give a significant hike to revenue. Sts must disagree. I have seen a lot of thoughtful posts with excellent ideas. I hope sts takes them to heart.

I want Sts to be profitable as much as anyone, but creating further separation between the haves and have nots is not healthy for anyone. The lower classes have to have hope, without that they leave and no game is successful with just the haves.

Sts, please don't cater too much to the rich as it will have a negative effect in the long run.

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #35
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    thanks Remi we still want to know what's going to happen with the locked as well and mythic weapons. This is very important to many who have been playing AL for long time.
    In regards to the locked crates and Mythics, they will be in the next event. During Urosth's Assault there will be two Crates. During the event special versions of the Grand Watch crate will drop, containing the current Mythics as well as the new weapons. In addition to this event Crate there will also be an Exceptional version of the crate. This one is special in that it will contain double odds on the Mythics, as well as remove the Mythic Armor/Helms from the loot table to ensure more Mythic Weapons overall. Without going into too much detail there will be other ways to get the Exceptional Crates! More info on that when the time is appropriate.

These Crates will drop only during the event, and will no longer drop once Ursoth's Assault has ended. Any Crates that did drop, however that have not been opened will remain until they all have been opened.

This is the current plan, and subject to change but chances are unlikely. I do have to state that it may change because a lot of things are being re-thought for the Ursoth Assault Event given all of the information and feedback we are gathering during the Goblin Event. With Urosth's Assault planned to last quite a bit longer than the Goblin Event, we have a lot of refining to do to make sure it is fun and exciting for everyone. Don't worry, we're up to the challenge
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Except the portal, (wich is not really important, because I don't think it was the main problem.) nothing changes at all.
    So the next event have to be excellent..

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I agree this would be a good strategy for STS, but make these "free" portals somewhat rare, and make them only spawn after beating the boss. Maybe have the chance be much greater after beating an elite tindirin boss. But also make sure the portals disappear after a minute so that players cannot hold them open.

This way players who do not have much plat can still keep busy farming and looking for the free portals, while players who have plat can buy entry to the energy portal.
    Gonna agree with Haligali and Energizeric, I think that this should be similar to the Tarlok event, with tweaks like what Energizeric suggested. In the Tarlok event, I believe it was a VERY low chance to find portals as low as Ydra Forest, and a somewhat higher chance to find them in higher leveled maps, such as Shuyal. Completing the map, (killing the boss) should be the only way to find it, and like Energizeric suggested, have the Elite Tindirin bosses have a much greater chance to spawn a portal. It would give everyone a chance to farm Ursoth's event while actually playing, and then have the one Portal in the Ursoth town for a certain amount of plat to enter. I feel like I'm just lengthening what Energizeric said so this is my time to shut up :d

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    In regards to the locked crates and Mythics, they will be in the next event. During Urosth's Assault there will be two Crates. During the event special versions of the Grand Watch crate will drop, containing the current Mythics as well as the new weapons. In addition to this event Crate there will also be an Exceptional version of the crate. This one is special in that it will contain double odds on the Mythics, as well as remove the Mythic Armor/Helms from the loot table to ensure more Mythic Weapons overall. Without going into too much detail there will be other ways to get the Exceptional Crates! More info on that when the time is appropriate.

These Crates will drop only during the event, and will no longer drop once Ursoth's Assault has ended. Any Crates that did drop, however that have not been opened will remain until they all have been opened.

This is the current plan, and subject to change but chances are unlikely. I do have to state that it may change because a lot of things are being re-thought for the Ursoth Assault Event given all of the information and feedback we are gathering during the Goblin Event. With Urosth's Assault planned to last quite a bit longer than the Goblin Event, we have a lot of refining to do to make sure it is fun and exciting for everyone. Don't worry, we're up to the challenge
    Carapace, thanks for the heads up. So you're basically saying that the current locked crates that are on the market now will only contain everything NOT related to the Ursoth's Event? Including the new pinks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Carapace, thanks for the heads up. So you're basically saying that the current locked crates that are on the market now will only contain everything NOT related to the Ursoth's Event? Including the new pinks?

My question as well... I've been hoarding lockeds for when the new mythics release I hope that they aren't useless.

Also with these event crates is there still a chance for arcane items or just mythic/legendary?
    Last edited by Raregem; 06-05-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    My question as well... I've been hoarding lockeds for when the new mythics release I hope that they aren't useless.
    I have guildies who hoarded over 500 just for opening for this event at a chance for mythics. This is crazyyyy.