Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Goblin Event Update | Changes and What to Expect in the coming Ursoth's Assault Event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So this is the second weekend you leave us with nothing exciting going on, STS. I had hoped given the overwhelming negative feedback you would act swiftly to remedy the train wreck that is the goblin event; after all you have a reasonably good track record of quick response to feedback. Instead you are going to leave us hating the event, the game, and you even more throughout the weekend.

This event is the complete opposite of your previous events because of the energy system. Previous events leave the majority of players--plat spender or otherwise--richer by the end of it. The dailies give more payout. Everyone gets a chance to get valuable items in chests, from dailies and boss drops. This event will likely leave a lot of us broke either from buying energy kit or event items that stay expensive since they are farmed only by a minority of uber rich, plat buying players.

Previous events give multiple incentives for players to run maps, either for killing boss for portals and drops, collecting essences for special gems, or chance of getting egg from event enemies like Jack. The goblin event makes going to map annoying because of the multiple portals that open that some can enter while others can't and have no other choice but to go through the rest of the map alone. And then you have to put a portal in event town. What incentive is there anymore to run map? You can say we can do our regular activities like farming and dailying as usual and leave the event as extra activity. But in that case just omit the portals entirely from normal maps, why don't you?

Previous events boost activity and build camaraderie. More people come online to play and stay longer to complete quests and to hunt. Friendships were built, guilds got stronger as members run hunting parties together. The goblin event makes guild chat full of frustrated and disappointed comments and a lot of unanswered call for parties.

It seems the only ones who are happy about this event is your precious leaderboard leaders.

In all the ways that count, this event is a major failure. And your failure to act quickly to salvage it is even more disappointing. Do you actually believe people will stay in game to do the Ursoth event if this event is any indication as to how it's going to be?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calicobridge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

While thinking about the whole energy balls discussion today, I realized something that I think most everyone has forgotten.....there is really an easy fix for this.....

During the Tarlok event, there was 2 ways to enter a portal:

1) find a portal after beating a boss -- the "free" method

2) enter the portal in town and pay plat to enter

During this goblin event, there are also 2 ways to enter a portal:

1) use a free energy ball, that drop from event bosses, or use your free energy ball that gets replenished every 8 hours.

2) use the "pay" energy ball by either buying one for gold or for 5 plat

During the Tarlok event, players without plat could just keep farming bosses and hope to get that free portal every once in a while. The problem with this Goblin event is that the "free" energy balls only drop from event bosses. I have yet to see one drop from a regular boss. So once you are out of energy balls, there is no way to find a free one except to wait 8 hours. So players become bored and angry about this.

So the easy fix is to add free energy balls that drop from regular bosses, and perhaps from elite bosses at a higher rate. Then I think most players will be happy as you will be creating almost the same exact environment that you had during the Tarlok event.

I know there are some people that will be angry that the leaderboard even exists (Tarlok didn't have one) and that those players on the leaderboard will be getting some rewards. If you don't like the leaderboard, then pretend it's not even there. It won't affect you any.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

No energy, PLEASE! I spent everything on energy and look how poor i am now...

For God's SAKE! lvl 15 armor and helm (rare) for tank
    The guy who scored 4m 20s 420ms in Elite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My score: active since the beginning of the event (no gold / no plat)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	91417

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kreiss View Post
    My score: active since the beginning of the event (no gold / no plat)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	91417
    ... and the only affordable item is the vanity -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

yes , useless and ugly vanity (they just change color)

Super Event !!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kreiss For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I play tank and smurf, the vanity looks terrible on both, due to the cape the size of a circus tent. Although wait, the helm looks a bit like a gangrenous green beak on my smurf, which is fun.

I keep wondering how many tokens a non plat/gold eventer will actually accrue at the end of it all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

shame they didn't chicken vanity, at least I could buy it at the end of the event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Tier system is good, please dont remove it at Ursoth's Assault. We have a high chance of running to a boss which drop good stuff instead of getting 6 corporal 2 sergeant 1 chief 1 payne that sucks. With us being in gold tiered i always see chief or payne.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I'm just not sure why we can't have the exact same system as Tarlok, and forget completely about the energy thing. Have a free to enter portal after beating bosses, with a low chance of taking you to the best boss where the competitive/pricey gear drops, and if you want to farm just that good boss, pay plat to enter the portal directly. I keep hearing references to the Tarlok event in discussions about this event, and no surprise. Same concept, but a different and for most, frustrating delivery.

Let's say mob-spawned portals were free to enter. Because there is a leaderboard, players who are aiming for top 3 will still pay insane amounts of either gold or plat to go directly to little ridge, and farm quickly. For the rest of us, it'll just give us the opportunity to run to our heart's content.

This system did not need energy at all, and am quite frankly confused as to why they feel like adding the energy system would be an upgrade to the Tarlok concept at all. Let's be real here, the leaderboard is the only thing driving plat sales with the energy atm. Nobody is paying plat to do more bosses to buy the items the token vendor sells. If there had been a leaderboard in Tarlok, the same would have probably happened - a huge increase in the number of plat-purchased portal entries, whereas I know most of my guild during the Tarlok was only farming the spawned portals. More fun for all, but if you wanted to hardcore farm, you still could with plat.
    Last edited by FluidShot; 06-07-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Those who say it cannot be done should not stop those who are doing it.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FluidShot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well the use of energy (which takes too long to replenish) and energy kits expensive makes the event more of an event only for the rich (plat users or in game millionaires) please make it more balanced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Wew. Congrats to STS for such a bad event.
    Superrich people who are dominating this event and have the best arcane equip will win a rare pet AND arcane Shard? This is the future of this game?? If the coming event would be same kind of scrap only 5 % of the players are happy and rest is uninstalling AL i believe.

IGN: HARTHOLZWURM; Endgamemage
    Weeeeew, i am a cool one ;-)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hartholzwurm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

make like tarlok event
    this goblin event not fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bejogirl View Post
    make like tarlok event
    this goblin event not fun
    Yes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yea.. All people should have same chance to win, rich, no rich, nvm.. This energy is rly bad idea... This system event goblin is only for rich players, it is not fair..

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 7 2013 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I think sts is doing an excellent job, this is a great plat sink before the real event and im not a huge plat spender but I do spend alittle, so i think there should be a diiference between plat spender and non plat user because I want something extra if spending money, only thing I may suggest as ive seen suggested is maybe combining several crates to make this specail crate because some of us did spend hours n km3 farming n hope of profiting on mythic/dbl odds day. Have a nice day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Agree with many, this was the worst event to date. Energy ruined the equality of the event.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

DL all over again
    Possibly give the energy a much faster regen rate
    And/or
    Like energizeric said, make energy balls or whatever drop from normal bosses and a decent rate

People want to be in the event maps as long as possible, I would think you would make this more of an option for the casual player
    It's a nice mini-event though, I really like the wolf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks remi! i hope theres some news regarding myths and specially the lockeds as it going very low price... to those not having enoung gold cant manage to buy energy due to the lockeds are low and they're getting as of now theire gold here
    Ign: Cooletzzz (AL & AB)
    “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

so.. Ursoth's Assault Event will be just like Goblin Event? need tokens, energy and portals too? and I wanna know if the New Mythic Weapons can loot in Locked Crates, I wish Double Odds of Mythic in Opening Locks is true and will be announce soon I'm so Exciteeedd >_<
    Last edited by Ansm; 06-08-2014 at 12:43 AM. Reason: I just wanna add something :)
    PERSEVERANCE and HARDWORK Propels SUCCESS