Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Goblin Event Update | Changes and What to Expect in the coming Ursoth's Assault Event

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #61
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post
    So to be clear current locked crates will not drop new mythic during the Ursoth event??

Wow.
    No, that is incorrect.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thats why i love AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    so there is ..... current lock crate, event lock crate and double odds event lock crate ??

any chance that you can craft and combine locks into an event crate or even double odds crate ?
    +1 This is interesting.. combining current locked into an event crate/double odds crate!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    In regards to the locked crates and Mythics, they will be in the next event. During Urosth's Assault there will be two Crates. During the event special versions of the Grand Watch crate will drop, containing the current Mythics as well as the new weapons. In addition to this event Crate there will also be an Exceptional version of the crate. This one is special in that it will contain double odds on the Mythics, as well as remove the Mythic Armor/Helms from the loot table to ensure more Mythic Weapons overall. Without going into too much detail there will be other ways to get the Exceptional Crates! More info on that when the time is appropriate...
    Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post
    So to be clear current locked crates will not drop new mythic during the Ursoth event??

Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    No, that is incorrect.
    So based on what Carapace and Samhayne said, crates will be:

1. special Ursoth event locked crates containing current mythics and new mythic weapons,
    2. exceptional Ursoth event locked crates with double odds of getting just the new mythic weapons, and
    3. the regular locked crates that may contain the new mythics

As I see it, this game is getting more complicated and a lot messy. I know you just want to give us great content, but the direction this game is turning to be is not what I'm expecting, and all those crates above just spells out to me as "Plats." I hope something better can be done coz I just want to have fun and simply love the game.
    "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

One thing though, STS, please please please pretty please do NOT leave this crappy energy system that cripples the event plagues us during the weekend. You don't want the weekend players to rage quit en masse over this stupid get rich quick scheme of yours. Give us something to make playing AL worthwhile this weekend by eliminating the energy access. Think of long term player satisfaction and loyalty instead of huge short term revenues. You have Friday to show that you truly care and listen. Don't disappoint us even further.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
    So based on what Carapace and Samhayne said, crates will be:

1. special Ursoth event locked crates containing current mythics and new mythic weapons,
    2. exceptional Ursoth event locked crates with double odds of getting just the new mythic weapons, and
    3. the regular locked crates that may contain the new mythics

As I see it, this game is getting more complicated and a lot messy. I know you just want to give us great content, but the direction this game is turning to be is not what I'm expecting, and all those crates above just spells out to me as "Plats." I hope something better can be done coz I just want to have fun and simply love the game.
    He explained it in more detail on the general thread. The current locked crates will turn into the event crate with a different graphic. So to my understanding there will only be two locked crates for this event. Numbers one and two from your list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Omg. Y'all we have been farming and saving locked and plan to drop $$$$ to open them during event for mythics. Please sts confirm if new mythics will or won't be included in the locked. You have a huge Plat spender base counting on this, and if it's not the case we need to know.!!! The event is soon it is about time to throw this on the table as final.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oh and as if the current locked crates aren't frustrating enough for platless players, you want to introduce special locked crates for Ursoth Assault? Presumably one that requires moar and moar plats to open? Can't we have the equivalent of the halloween daily chest or the frozen chest of the tarlok event instead? It's OK if it's a little harder to get, so long as players with few or no plats can enjoy the anticipation of opening them.

Seriously though, as a run up to Ursoth Assault, Goblin Invasion leaves me feeling flat and apprehensive instead of excited about the big event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    He explained it in more detail on the general thread. The current locked crates will turn into the event crate with a different graphic. So to my understanding there will only be two locked crates for this event. Numbers one and two from your list.
    So what about the current hundreds of locked crates hoarded by numerous players, will they just be useless now?
    "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all."

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Love the thought you guys have put into this, but speaking on behalf of all non plat users who would love to conserve their gold, I really wish if out total energy supply increased to like 10 and maybe replenished every hour or so.... just so we could maximize farming.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    In regards to the locked crates and Mythics, they will be in the next event. During Urosth's Assault there will be two Crates. During the event special versions of the Grand Watch crate will drop, containing the current Mythics as well as the new weapons. In addition to this event Crate there will also be an Exceptional version of the crate. This one is special in that it will contain double odds on the Mythics, as well as remove the Mythic Armor/Helms from the loot table to ensure more Mythic Weapons overall. Without going into too much detail there will be other ways to get the Exceptional Crates! More info on that when the time is appropriate.

These Crates will drop only during the event, and will no longer drop once Ursoth's Assault has ended. Any Crates that did drop, however that have not been opened will remain until they all have been opened.

This is the current plan, and subject to change but chances are unlikely. I do have to state that it may change because a lot of things are being re-thought for the Ursoth Assault Event given all of the information and feedback we are gathering during the Goblin Event. With Urosth's Assault planned to last quite a bit longer than the Goblin Event, we have a lot of refining to do to make sure it is fun and exciting for everyone. Don't worry, we're up to the challenge

What about elite golden dragonscale chests? I personally am a non - plat user and am too lazy to farm 25million gold to buy a mythic weapon so I've been hoarding and farming elite golden dragonscale chest for a month now. Will mythic weapons drop from them as they always have or have I just wasted a month of farming?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Thank you for the updates. Ideally, I would wish to hunt for portals that are not too easy and not too rare. During the Tarlok event, it was fun and exciting to find one and invite friends/guildmates in. More importantly, the fiend in this event is the energy system. Please do away with this energy system and make the Ursoths Assault event like the Tarlok event. Time limits - be it 1 hr or 8 hrs - for just entering is frustrating to the player because most players like to do the events with friends and guildmates and having to refuse an invitation to join because you are in 'regen' mode is a complete downer. You would say - then buy energy with gold/plats. But average normal players which constitute the majority do not have the means or inclination to spend their hard-earned gold/plat for a gamble to get only a few tokens, they would rather save it up for mythic pets, mythic gear, etc. The Tarlok event was ideal, because while allowing everyone to enter the event through moderately rare free portals, it did give an edge to plat-spenders who could have easier and quicker access to the bosses through the option of buying an entry. Also, the event banner should be given to all who have participated.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 06-06-2014 at 01:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Removing energy system is impossible in my opinion.Why? because the event energy kit have been scattered around Arlor.Once they remove the energy system,these kit become useless junk.So the best imho is 2 types of portal.First one is located on the town and it will open 24/7 but you have to pay 1 energy to use it.Second one is the one that spawn randomly from killing mobs but its free.Make it as rare as the gem essence.Maximum 4 people can use it and it will gone.So everyone can have fun and farm the event stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Archerios:1671344
    Removing energy system is impossible in my opinion.Why? because the event energy kit have been scattered around Arlor.Once they remove the energy system,these kit become useless junk.So the best imho is 2 types of portal.First one is located on the town and it will open 24/7 but you have to pay 1 energy to use it.Second one is the one that spawn randomly from killing mobs but its free.Make it as rare as the gem essence.Maximum 4 people can use it and it will gone.So everyone can have fun and farm the event stuff.
    This.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Archerios View Post
    +1.... this is it
    After 3 years of playing AL I'm still a beggar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

No, that is incorrect.
    Bro I Dont think new lock is good idea because this is the popular way to get money for non plat user!! If new locks comes those who saving from long to sell will not get much money from lock

sent from HELL using Tapatalk

GAME: ARCANE LEGENDS
    IGN: Sazib||Ieed LVL: 41
    GUILD: MAGNUM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    One of the other pieces of feedback we are looking at is the time that it takes to replenish energy. We will continue to monitor how this plays out with the Goblin Event and assess what kind of changes should be made for Ursoth's Assault.

We continue to collect your feedback and suggestions and will refine, refine, refine in preparation for Ursoth's Assault. Thank you everyone for being a part of this event and helping us to make it bigger and better.
    It's not "one of the other pieces of feedback", it is the "feedback". You guys want to see how it plays out with the Goblin Event out? Guess you don't see how every single user be it a free or plat user is complaining about it.
    Last edited by Back; 06-06-2014 at 02:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

No, that is incorrect.
    So current locks will drop new mythics.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

To summed it up

3 kinds of Crates during Ursoth's Event:

1.Current Normal Locked (still dropping old mythic items plus the new mythics, so the probability of having the new mythics is 2.5% assuming)
    2. Event Locked (looted in Ursoth's Event, dropping old and new mythics, probability, 4% assuming)
    3. Exceptional Event Locked (looted in Ursoth's Event, dropping old mythic weapons and new mythic weapons, probabilty, 8% assuming because of double odds).

I smell PLATS!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iamalmien24 View Post
    I smell PLATS!!!
    How is plat smell?