Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Energy kits are here to stay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Energy kits are here to stay

The reason behind these new energy kits is pretty simple, more plat spending. As if crates, inventory, respawns and elixers were not enough to force players to purchase platinum. These kits have helped bring in revenue by allowing non plat spenders to purchase more with in-game currency. Now, before I go on a rant, I am all for supporting games that I enjoy playing.

But....
    We need more people to speak out about these energy balls. It's apparent that this type of energy system is here for the long run, otherwise why would they sell kits for platinum that would become useless. I'm afraid it may be to late for the community to change the developers minds about these energy balls. So, where do we go from here? Who here is willing to continue supporting a game that tells you when to play, how to play and how much to pay?

So please, voice your opinions about these energy balls, otherwise it's time to pack up and move on.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

As said before they need wages to support this game and their own life's, without new content less platinum is bought meaning they have less to spend updating this game and paying there bills.

Without platinum buyers this game wouldn't exsist as they couldn't afford to support it.

This is not bias as i don't purchase platinum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Just reading the forums it is clear STS is getting an ear full. I agree that the Energy balls are a part of the game now but that doesn't mean STS can't change how they are implemented (considerably). I have enjoyed AL more than any mobile game I have ever played and I won't leave right away but at some point there is a line that if STS crosses anyone would leave. Without change I think that line was just crossed for a large number of players. Hopefully STS can adjust quickly.

This probably hasn't been the week STS was hoping for between the Client issues and the wide spread dissatisfaction with their event/event system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Si no me dices no me doy cuenta weon xD
    G

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samdegreat View Post

But here is the problem, they have alienated mid range platinum buyers. That is a problem. Maybe they satisfied the Whales, haven't heard much positive or negative from them. Maybe all STS needs are the Whales, or maybe there are more Whales than Guppies so the Guppies don't matter. I have no insight into STS's balance sheet. I just know a certain class(es) of player are not happy right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

As said before they need wages to support this game and their own life's, without new content less platinum is bought meaning they have less to spend updating this game and paying there bills.

Without platinum buyers this game wouldn't exsist as they couldn't afford to support it.

You're telling me that AL being the bread winner of the family wasn't bringing home the bacon before energy arrived? This is just one more addition that alienates the moderate and no plat spenders. Energy is a slap in the face to all AL supporters and players. It's a tactic used to get people spending money to keep playing, plain and simple.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NJaNear View Post
    You're telling me that AL being the bread winner of the family wasn't bringing home the bacon before energy arrived? This is just one more addition that alienates the moderate and no plat spenders. Energy is a slap in the face to all AL supporters and players. It's a tactic used to get people spending money to keep playing, plain and simple.
    Hahahaha 24/7 portal now, this is just so plat is spent and bought faster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I haven't bought any energy kits, but I am happy someone is because that's how I get to play this game even if I choose not to spend any money. So yay, whales, dolphins, tuna, penguins!

For normal players:
    Now that energy kits are fairly cheap, farm gold, items, sell, buy a kit, enter portal. Rinse, repeat.

(I haven't bought any kits yet, though. I guess I'm a purest. I only have so much playtime anyways.)
    Last edited by Fyrce; 06-09-2014 at 12:01 PM.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts

It's a ridiculous system. As if elites weren't hard enough and bad loot rates sometimes bankrupting players. I will just ignore these plat sinks and stick with elites as those are actually cheaper than these events by comparison!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

The game has become pay to win it two aspects:

1) Convert plat to gold by selling stuff bought with plat. So this option is ever increasing, vanities, elixir kits and now energy kits. So for 25 plat you make something like 75,000 gold. So for $90 you are looking to get around 5m gold. So going forward the best way to convert plat to gold is by selling people energy because people can't play this event without it. And you only get 1 energy replenished every 8 hours. And the demand for these kits is high for now because people are chasing the LB. Without this carrot no one would be farming this event.

2) Buying energy with plat for entry into portal. If you can't fork over the high cost in gold to farm these portals for the ultimate prize, then you have to buy entry with plat. Before with other events like tarlok you could run maps looking for portals without spending any plat even if you were poor. And be invited by other people. But now its required that someone pays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

My only problem with them is the rewards are given to only the top people on the leaderboard. In the Tarlok and Halloween events anyone that completed the event got a banner and things like breezaga were in the event chests so anyone even non plat spenders could get them. Now only the major plat spenders will get the best rewards and because if this its now the worst event IMO released yet.

Even Mother's Day event which was my previous worst event was available to everyone so it now ranks higher in my eyes than this one. They were better off with event chests dropping the best stuff instead of a leaderboard IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Watch the player base dwindle even further than it already has.
    Soon the whales will have noone to play with but themselves
    Bad move by sts
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

The forgotten event was way better, and that's saying A LOT.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

To sum it up. The event itself is OK (it is after all meant to be a preview of a larger event to come). The delivery however was very poor.

STS has to learn from this as they had many times, heard and done something for the community in the past (with the exception of fixing arcane staff).

Else I feel this contents in this thread has been said in many other threads and should be closed.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leonut View Post
    To sum it up. The event itself is OK (it is after all meant to be a preview of a larger event to come). The delivery however was very poor.

STS has to learn from this as they had many times, heard and done something for the community in the past (with the exception of fixing arcane staff).

Else I feel this contents in this thread has been said in many other threads and should be closed.
    Learn?
    Look at the leaderboards, imagine how much plat it must of cost them to get there.
    Overall for sts it was a success haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Learn?
    Look at the leaderboards, imagine how much plat it must of cost them to get there.
    Overall for sts it was a success haha
    Yeah you are right. They made a lot this time round. But it will be very short sighted. The player base might just dwindle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I m a whale and I found this offensive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Energy itself could be a good thing for the game. It clearly brings in some serious revenue. The problem I'm having is that you MUST spend plat to get the token rewards. There is no free element to this event other than 3 junk rings that are instantly liquidated. I'm all for STS increasing revenue. The more revenue, the more time spent on the game, the more content, it's a win all around. These events need to be changed to offer something to free players as well. If a free to play player tries everyday they should be able to get ALL the token rewards. Let the lb players get their rewards to keep the plat flowing. Whether STS has reduce the energy cool down, add free to enter portals or whatever they need to fix this. If not they jeopardize losing a large player base.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigboyblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    Energy itself could be a good thing for the game. It clearly brings in some serious revenue. The problem I'm having is that you MUST spend plat to get the token rewards. There is no free element to this event other than 3 junk rings that are instantly liquidated. I'm all for STS increasing revenue. The more revenue, the more time spent on the game, the more content, it's a win all around. These events need to be changed to offer something to free players as well. If a free to play player tries everyday they should be able to get ALL the token rewards. Let the lb players get their rewards to keep the plat flowing. Whether STS has reduce the energy cool down, add free to enter portals or whatever they need to fix this. If not they jeopardize losing a large player base.
    Very well said

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

The energy kit system is brilliant in my opinion. It has satisfied me in that I can compete in the event without directly buying plat.

I create a demand for the energy kits (I've used like a thousand, lol) which removes an item worth 5 plat from the game. If players pthat are buying with gold hadn't used the kits, less kits would have been bought with plat. STS has created a system that both caters to high wealth non plat players as well as plat players in a way that benefits than as well.

Yes, the insane rate at which kits are being used due to instant portals needs to be fixed. However, the energy kit idea is a great addition to the game that I hope is expanded upon. Same goes for elixir kits which opened up timed runs to nonplat players and helped elite runners get better loot without spending plat (which is great since few elite runners buy plat).