Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Event System Refinements

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default Event System Refinements

Hey everyone,

We may not have said it enough up front, but the Goblin Event was intended as a test of the Event System. We wanted to be able to shake out any issues before the big Ursoth's Assault event went out. To that end, it has worked great. We have a great list of feedback and refinements to consider. We are working hard to make the events and the game as fun and interesting as they can be.

On the subject of energy, we know from Halloween and Tarlok's winter wrath event that without some mechanism to regulate the influx of items, they will be farmed to worthlessness. Item rarity is an important part of value. If everyone had Arcane and Mythic items, they wouldn't have any special value. So too with event items. We are working hard to find the right balance for the game and appreciate your continued feedback.

As to when the Ursoth's Assault event will go live, given the list of things we want to look at, it will not be next week. Adjustments take time to implement and test and we want to set your expectations on timing.

I hope you are having a great weekend! We will keep you up to date next week with how things are proceeding.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Good to hear. Hope you change system for better

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Yes,true.Its better late but give a good and fun event rather than fast but not a good event.Good job STS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

thanks for explaining

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I believe you guys will come up with great solution, like you always do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

first

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Fear is my second name...sometimes

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

The energy system may protect prices in the short term but in the long term it is going to drive away players, so who are the ones left going to sell to?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Yay!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

I understand the item regulations...for energy but even before the ship sailed, many showed a dislike before the event started. Kits and energy needs to be cheaper. If energy is farmable...it needs to be a rare drop or like essences. Plat has to be optional (i thought this was always the case)..not mandatory..or tons of gold for kits. I still hate energy...and thats all i have to say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey everyone,
    On the subject of energy, we know from Halloween and Tarlok's winter wrath event that without some mechanism to regulate the influx of items, they will be farmed to worthlessness. Item rarity is an important part of value. If everyone had Arcane and Mythic items, they wouldn't have any special value. So too with event items. We are working hard to find the right balance for the game and appreciate your continued feedback.
    Here is the issue with the energy it alienates 90% of your player base. I have not bought one energy kit this event with gold or plat because it's pointless. If I wanted to go for grym I would spend 1-2m on energy kits and maybe, just maybe I'd get him. Why bother when I can buy in the CS for 450k? Most of the people who sell the energy kits are already "rich" so as my gold is depleting they are getting richer...

Yes, in the halloween event squash dropped way to much but did you have 100s of players complaining and hovering over the uninstall button?

You can do away with the energy kits which is what your player base is telling you and still have some control over loot drops. If you're going to do another guy that pops up in maps make the pet drop rate extremely rare.. Make token items cost more tokens so it takes longer to work for them. People WANT to work towards stuff, they want something to do. They don't want to be limited to how much they can do.

If the energy stays for the next event guess who is going to get all the loot.. the people with millions of gold to spare and the people with plat to burn. Leaving out the rest of us once again. The bottom line is you have people ready to quit leave this game and be done with it over this system. I have gotten to play this event 9 times in 3 days 10-15mins then it's back to bored. Luckily I have been playing this game since last August but if I had just downloaded it, it would of been an immediate uninstall.

Energy system makes the rich richer and the poor poorer.

SUGGESTION:
    Do a Poll, set up a vote see what the community really is saying. Would we rather have rare drop rates and higher priced token items and be able to play as much as we want or would we rather be limited with the energy system.

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

As stated many times, goblin event is only a preliminary test for the upcoming event.

Personally, I am pleased they chose this route instead of going live with Ursoth's Assault event with the Goblin event system.

If you were not around for the previous Ursoth like events you may not appreciate the goblin test event as much as I do. You might consider reading the threads on these events to appreciate my current point of view. Also, the following is from my point oif view which is handicapped by lack of skill in the "detailed long term memory" department.

Nord Expansion event - portal in town led to all nord bosses, was great fun. First entry free via quest, every entry past the quest was 5 (?) plat. Fix, everyone received one free entry per day. This was a better than nothing fix as it allowed non plat users access to all bosses once a day. However, platters (plat purchase gamers) had already farmed the place and the goldies (non plat purchase gamers) were limited farmers recieving less loot.

Leprechaun event. Luck pendant, woot! The leprechaun was a pain in the butt when he popped up in shuyal maps. If you didnt kill him fast enough he would take off running, always in the direction of weeds and sorcerers. Soloing; improved my rogue skills staying alive when he got away, improved my crowd control abilities with my sorc (when he got away), and annoying when he got away from my warrior. Since he also showed up in lowest maps, farmed to death, top items were at auction for 200g.

Halloween event - similar to leprechaun, farmed to death, no real g traded hands, top items were worth nothing. Unfortunately there was an issue where eggs/locked were dropping like a smelly helm. Granite egg went from 30k g+ to 3k g and less, locked dropped from 40k/50k to 3k and less. Neither of theses items ever retuurned to their normal value. Best vanities ever though (besides rogue kracken pirate,)!

Tarlok event, introduction of the traveling portal. No plat entry, all gamers held portals, farmed the map night and day, flooded the market, dec 2013 and the loot still isnt worth as much g as it should be. Great pets came out of this event and it was a lot of fun. The pets were way under sold and the vanities are still undervalued at auction.

From my experience with previous al events as well as many other similar games, this event is a wash. Not much fun with little benefit to the general population.

Double chance mythic locked crate weekend(s) - locked went up in price during the event, hovered around 25k until event ended. Top gear (non mythic) from locked is still less than actual value. I made little gold during the locked events but I did get enough mythic items from locked to outfit my rogue, warrior, and sorc.

I am very much looking forward to meeting Ursoth and I have my fingers crossed that i will have fun and earn gold.
    Last edited by Sfubi; 06-07-2014 at 12:02 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sfubi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Thanks for the update Sam! I know there's many of us that appreciate the effort and it really seems like you all have been doing your best to listen to the community and tweak things to make them better for all! You all can't make everyone happy and it is tough balancing act please keep up the amazing work and also keep listening and working with our awesome AL community.

Retired Officer of Chivalrous Union

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:1672877
    Hey everyone,

We may not have said it enough up front, but the Goblin Event was intended as a test of the Event System. We wanted to be able to shake out any issues before the big Ursoth's Assault event went out. To that end, it has worked great. We have a great list of feedback and refinements to consider. We are working hard to make the events and the game as fun and interesting as they can be.

As to when the Ursoth's Assault event will go live, given the list of things we want to look at, it will not be next week. Adjustments take time to implement and test and we want to set your expectations on timing.

I hope you are having a great weekend! We will keep you up to date next week with how things are proceeding.
    I agree u introduced energy system so that event items maintain their rarity but if u really wanna maintain the rarity then i suggest u put a full stop to energy bought with platinum... Only in that case everyone playing this gave will have an equal chance if getting these items...otherwise plat users keep spamming event and keep earning event items... So the rich keeps becoming g rich and normal non plat users keeps losing their interest in game.... Plz u guys get enough plat sales through locked crates...so plz don't spoil this game because of some more profit... Do something so all players have equal chance of getting ahead in game...many players have already left this game due to goblin event...if ursoth event also turns to be same then trust me it will be ur biggest mistake... Plzz do something and consider my suggestion of giving equal energy to all players... U can also make energy droppable through normal our elite bosses if all regions to encourage players to earn the rewards they deserve through playing and not by burning plats... For plat users there are already new locks coming so atleast let everyone have an equal chance at getting event rewards... Well that is all for now..!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Sounds great!
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

I still don't think energy system will go away not unless they start losing players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oyeonac View Post
    I still don't think energy system will go away not unless they start losing players.
    It's like say " I don't think the Black Death will go aways unless the kill more people "

Valky

ING: Valkiryas - Alassien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valkiryas View Post
    It's like say " I don't think the Black Death will go aways unless the kill more people "

Valky
    Invalid point..

I said the black death will kill entire population.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

It's almost the same, Energy kits are almost unpayable if the only thing that we can get it's an 5G Epic item, when the kits are 13 - 15k each

ING: Valkiryas - Alassien

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    The energy system may protect prices in the short term but in the long term it is going to drive away players, so who are the ones left going to sell to?
    This....

Sam you mentioned that the energy ball system was in hopes of controlling items that drop from the event from being farmed to worthlessness. It is still happening in the goblin event with the current energy system in place. Prices of these items have already began dropping at a fast rate and its only a couples day out.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

If you want to regulate loot, please don't do it by removing players' access and ability to play as much as they want. If you need to regulate loot, reduce the rarity of the drops as much as necessary. Nobody will complain about needing to work harder to obtain something, but people WILL complain if you tell them they can only run three times a day unless they plan to pay for it.

Let people run as much as they want like they did at Tarlok. Make the portal spawns as rare as you need to, and reduce drop rates as much as you need to. Remove the standing portal and the hold open portal glitch, and make it so everyone is on a fair playing field. It doesn't help to give people immediate access on plat if it is really the loot drops that are the concern.

Just a point. Tarlok worked great - everyone agrees on that. Why we can't just use that system, nobody understands. Could we have some feedback on why this is not a viable option?

Thank you.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post: