Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Information on New Mythics & Locked Crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

So do the normal zones dropped the new crates?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

So our chance on mythics are lower?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I said to make them rare. Everyone has been asking for ages to have something really valuable that drops directly from a boss. Well, here it is. This special locked crate will be worth many millions for sure, and will drop directly from a boss. But keep them rare enough that they do not have a big impact on the prices of arcane items and mythic weapons.
    Having them drop from a boss would be fine as there is a PvE aspect to it, but guaranteeing the item for a suggested amount of plat is not a good way to this. Maybe offering double odds on the crate itself, but not guaranteeing the item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Having them drop from a boss would be fine as there is a PvE aspect to it, but guaranteeing the item for a suggested amount of plat is not a good way to this. Maybe offering double odds on the crate itself, but not guaranteeing the item.
    If they are super rare then it is fine. It would be no different than if the weapons themselves dropped directly from bosses. Except in this case STS gets to make 1000 plat on each one that is looted.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Awww man. I guess its time to check myself into LHA (Lock-Hoarders Anonymous)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    What a load of crap. They don't give is anything to do for how long except farm crates if we don't pvp and then they make them valueless? I'm so disgusted right now. Shame on you guys.
    I agree. Not using locks that we have been farming for months for mythics is shocking. Where we all wasting our time and money?

Instagram: arcanemusings
    Guild: Immaculate

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Oonova For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

This news on top of the current event has been absolutely devastating and the worst few days in Arcane Legends history to me anyways. What adds insult to injury is that I just rerolled a locked in elite tindirin prices are already crashing on locked. I will not panic sell in HOPES they make it right somehow and not just bombshell that our crates are all junk and that's that. This move of special crates was highly unnecessary. Words can't even describe how upset I am after hearing this. Depending on what they do with the crate system and the energy system, and if token items surpass elite drops, this seriously could mean certain retirement from this game for a few players I know.

I'm always an elite runner, but if the runs are ruined, I can't see myself standing in towns waiting for energy to refill.
    Last edited by Kakashis; 06-05-2014 at 08:06 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

This is complete bull imo..... way to make ppl a lil less interested in play STG!!!
    ♥The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen
    or even touched they must be felt with the heart.♥

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So all this time we r collecting locked for nothing waisted all our gold on them? Hrs of farming for nothing ?????????

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

My big question:

Will there be new gems in the Ursoth's Assault Event?

Ursoth's Glacial Gem
    Ursoth's Fire Gem
    Ursoth's Blood Gem

??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Plat...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    This was hidden within the patch note responses today and everyone seemed to overlook this major information since not alot of people bother going through responses.
    Thanks for the update kei!

As a disclaimer, I understand nothing is set in stone currently because of the what happened during the Goblin event and we are still weeks away.

What I don't understand is why there is a need to replace the original locked crates during the event. I have no problem with the addition of double odd crates. I just don't see any reason why we have regular crates, then "special versions" of locked crates during the event and then we'll be back to the normal crates once again. It just makes for a messy and convoluted system that doesn't adhere to past mythic weapon events.

The only reason I can see is if Spacetime is moving away entirely from locked crates as a source of revenue other then during "special events" and shifting to the energy system.

Also, a few people have brought it up but from this short description there isn't a method for non-plat users to loot these mythics weapons as I am assuming both version of the locked crates will require plat to open. Unless similar to the tarlok event we have a small chance to get mythics from normal event chests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

If there is no way to craft current locked into the new locked form without spending platinum, or if new mythic will not be available in current locked crates, I see no reason to play arcane legends anymore. I am a middle class player with not enough money for arcane, I saved a bunch of lock for the event hoping to open many and sell the rest. Hoping to at least try to earn a profit in this game which is becoming increasingly difficult for me. And now I find out the locked I do have will be worthless.. nobody who I have talked to is happy about this and to be sure these new crates will not help the game's economy by any stretch. I understand you're trying to come up with new methods and ways to spice up the game, but I wish you would have a committee of game players both plat spending and freeplay players who you ask about these big changes and if they like the idea or not. This way you are less likely to announce an idea that backfires and engages the community. I'm sure many people would be willing to answer a weekly or monthly survey so it wouldn't be difficult to put together a small group of different styles of players to get feedback from.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Ferrari for all employee

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sevenpain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Once again STS do not think the players...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I think someone in STS needs to stand up against whoever is making these loony decisions of late (looks like finance department) sorry to sound rude but it's true. Looks like a lot of 'Yes Men' attending those meetings. Exploited contest, plat guzzling 24 hour cool down energy balls and now new myths in new lockeds O.O and something about lockeds being forged into one super locked or something.

People bought luck lix and farmed like crack heads, I am starting to feel sorry for their hard work being wasted. I just hope I misunderstood the whole thing about lockeds.

EDIT: *removes paper bag from mouth after hyperventilating* Samhayne has now stated lockeds WILL have a chance at containing NEW mythics.
    Last edited by Waheedski; 06-06-2014 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Paper bag burst my lungs dem is powerful

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Waheedski For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waheedski View Post
    People bought luck lix and farmed like crack heads, I am starting to feel sorry for their hard work being wasted. I just hope I misunderstood the whole thing about lockeds.
    I'm going to start feeling sorry for others in the same boat after I'm done feeling sorry for myself. It might take a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

For me,I will not sell my crate now because I have spent time around 3 months when I can sell it for around 9k but now only 8k.Tho,we haven't heard official annoucement and information about how those special crate drop or craft and the most important is about the new Arcane pet.We haven't heard anything further about them.So let say Shady and Surge can be loot from normal crate,then crate price will go up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Archerios View Post
    For me,I will not sell my crate now because I have spent time around 3 months when I can sell it for around 9k but now only 8k.Tho,we haven't heard official annoucement and information about how those special crate drop or craft and the most important is about the new Arcane pet.We haven't heard anything further about them.So let say Shady and Surge can be loot from normal crate,then crate price will go up.
    Ami already mentioned in the teaser video that Shady & Surge is from a "special" reward during the event. Its going to be similar to this Goblin Event where the First Place gets a Shard.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Archerios View Post
    So let say Shady and Surge can be loot from normal crate,then crate price will go up.
    Judging from latest trends, highly unlikely.