Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Information on New Mythics & Locked Crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Default Information on New Mythics & Locked Crates

This was hidden within the patch note responses today and everyone seemed to overlook this major information since not alot of people bother going through responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    In regards to the locked crates and Mythics, they will be in the next event. During Urosth's Assault there will be two Crates. During the event special versions of the Grand Watch crate will drop, containing the current Mythics as well as the new weapons. In addition to this event Crate there will also be an Exceptional version of the crate. This one is special in that it will contain double odds on the Mythics, as well as remove the Mythic Armor/Helms from the loot table to ensure more Mythic Weapons overall. Without going into too much detail there will be other ways to get the Exceptional Crates! More info on that when the time is appropriate.

These Crates will drop only during the event, and will no longer drop once Ursoth's Assault has ended. Any Crates that did drop, however that have not been opened will remain until they all have been opened.

This is the current plan, and subject to change but chances are unlikely. I do have to state that it may change because a lot of things are being re-thought for the Ursoth Assault Event given all of the information and feedback we are gathering during the Goblin Event. With Urosth's Assault planned to last quite a bit longer than the Goblin Event, we have a lot of refining to do to make sure it is fun and exciting for everyone. Don't worry, we're up to the challenge
    Link: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1670865

Update: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1671186

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Yes.

When the Ursoth's Assault Event starts, current Locked Crates you have will get a new grafic icon and description and be changed to have a chance at the new stuff. When the event ends they will change back to normal.
    Obviously after reading all the rage posts, they changed their course of action.
    Last edited by keikali; 06-05-2014 at 11:03 PM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Count down to lock prices launching in......

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I believe those special crate are as rare and expansive as the new mythic weapons itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Ty kei, good find!

Retired Officer of Chivalrous Union

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

There will also be the mechanic used in the Tarlok Winter Event to combine lower level chests to form higher level chests. More details on that front coming soon.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Hopefully they do change this so the "current" lockeds have the mythics and just implement the special double odds crates for the event. I really want to know if there will be arcane in the event lockeds to, or only mythic and below.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

There will also be the mechanic used in the Tarlok Winter Event to combine lower level chests to form higher level chests. More details on that front coming soon.
    Multiple original crates = 1 event crate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I'm guessing this is one way to get the exceptional crate. Combining a couple of the normal ones.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Yeaaaaa, this is going to make a lot of people upset... o.O
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

so what about the Witch locked crate that people are holding on to now? will they contain new mythic weapon in them or no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twoc View Post
    so what about the Witch locked crate that people are holding on to now? will they contain new mythic weapon in them or no?
    From what Carapace said in his post, no. Only the crates dropped during the event will contain them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

exceptional crate xD that's a sign of upgrading just like when we gem our equipment to get exceptional.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Lol so now you need plat to craft these chests. Can't possibly craft enough when only 5 crafting slots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

You shouldn't need plat to craft them and then to open. That's just excessive.

Instagram: arcanemusings
    Guild: Immaculate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Lol so now you need plat to craft these chests. Can't possibly craft enough when only 5 crafting slots.
    I hope that's not the reason why they left the old mythics in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    I hope that's not the reason why they left the old mythics in
    I don't know but now they replaced old locked with new locked which has the same odds to loot mythic weapon. And a second chest which has double odds. So now we don't even know if you can take the old locked to craft a new locked with new mythics. Or just new locked to double odds locked. Whatever scenario you describe, basically with 5 crafting slots you can't possibly craft enough. So now you need multiple characters or use plat to finish the crafting. Because I am sure like previous events they will take away the recipe. My guess is that new locked will craft double odds locked. And old locked will be not usable as part of the event.

Also unlike previous events elite golden chests won't have mythics, so seems like you need plat now to get a mythic. Before you could buy up elite goldens and open them. But with this energy system you need plat to even think about looting them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I posted this in the other thread, and I will post it again here:

I think something has to be done to make regular locked crates interesting again. A year ago when you opened a locked crate, the mythic items you could get were all worth 3m-12m gold each. Then on top of those mythic items, we had the "double odds" mythic weapons weekend where you had better chances at looting mythic weapons. And of course you had a small chance at looting one of the few arcane items.

But now there is nothing mythic that is worth even 2m that drops from a locked crate. It's still those exact same mythics from a year ago with nothing new. So most of us are just holding the crates waiting for something better and not opening them. I haven't opened crates in a year, and I was actually planning to open a bunch once the mythic loot is improved. I realize there is a chance to get a very valuable arcane item, but the chances are too low unless you open a thousand crates. So I'm more concerned with mythic items, and right now I don't see anything worthwhile that can be looted, so I'm in a holding pattern.

My suggestion is adding the mythic weapons to the loot table of the regular locked crates, and then have the event "special" locked crates be the ones with double odds. Or if you want to be really interesting, you could call those event special crates "Ursoth's Locked Mythic Crates" where they guarantee a mythic weapon or Arcane item every time and cost 1000 plat to open. Then make them rare items that rarely drop from the event bosses, and possibly Elite Tindirin bosses. Make this special crate a mythic rarity item that can be rerolled from a legendary item, and you will get people farming with luck elixirs all event long hoping to loot one of these special crates. And if they do not have the 1000 plat to open one, they can sell it for many millions.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    My suggestion is adding the mythic weapons to the loot table of the regular locked crates, and then have the event "special" locked crates be the ones with double odds. Or if you want to be really interesting, you could call those event special crates "Ursoth's Locked Mythic Crates" where they guarantee a mythic weapon or Arcane item every time and cost 1000 plat to open. Then make them rare items that rarely drop from the event bosses, and possibly Elite Tindirin bosses. Make this special crate a mythic rarity item that can be rerolled from a legendary item, and you will get people farming with luck elixirs all event long hoping to loot one of these special crates. And if they do not have the 1000 plat to open one, they can sell it for many millions.
    God no. Guaranteeing a Mythic Weapon or Arcane item will destroy the economy. People spend Plat in THOUSANDS just to have a chance at either and you're suggesting only 1K plat to open?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    God no. Guaranteeing a Mythic Weapon or Arcane item will destroy the economy. People spend Plat in THOUSANDS just to have a chance at either and you're suggesting only 1K plat to open?
    I said to make them rare. Everyone has been asking for ages to have something really valuable that drops directly from a boss. Well, here it is. This special locked crate will be worth many millions for sure, and will drop directly from a boss. But keep them rare enough that they do not have a big impact on the prices of arcane items and mythic weapons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

What a load of crap. They don't give is anything to do for how long except farm crates if we don't pvp and then they make them valueless? I'm so disgusted right now. Shame on you guys.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post: