Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Suggestion to Fix All Our Issues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Default My Suggestion to Fix All Our Issues

So I've been sat thinking about everyone's issues since the Goblin Event and I've come up with a solution that benefits the players and STS alike.

As far as I can see these are the points that need to be considered:

STS still want high bursts of revenue.
    The Players want the game to be more playable and challenging, with greater value for money.

Things to consider:

Keep locked crates but offer a wider range of items. Limited vanities, special pets etc etc (we can never have enough of these IMO), myth weapons.

Keep the energy system, but make the energy tabs drop from bosses across Arlor at random. Also make the energy bar last longer (3 tries is not enough, maybe 5). This means that EVERYONE can easily farm them or plat buy them.

When the "Energy event" is released, let it run for more than 2 weeks, maybe keep it indefinitely.

Make 3 bosses in the event that you have to fight through to get the top tier loot. Make it so you have to work through all to get that small chance of looting a top tier item. This means that we have to play, we have to work for our items.

Make the event bosses hard, scale them so the hardest gives a chance of dropping the best loot.

Mythic weapons or the top tier weapons/items to be looted at an extremely rare rate from an elite boss of the special event. Doing this means that whether you are a plat buyer or not, you still have the same chance at looting the items as everyone else. For STS benefit you can still use elixirs for the loot, but the top tier items still very rarely drops.

Make more limited items available in the store. This satisfies those that want to spend, and the needs of STS.

By doing this you satisfy the end game players and the lower level players alike, whilst keeping STS in pocket. Low level players will have a Reason to work their way through the game and enjoy it, whilst the end game players have the fun in farming those top tier rarer items to their hearts content.

Thanks for reading, sorry if I've missed anything but this was done in the small amount of time u had today. I welcome all your thoughts.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I would add a reduced CD of the Energy Balls.

How can you justify waiting 24 Hours for all 3 just to log on and play for 30 minutes or less.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post

How can you justify waiting 24 Hours for all 3 just to log on and play for 30 minutes or less.
    Yes, its extreme long.

Bosses drop average 1-4 token, so in one day you can farm ~6 token for free. In 8 days, you earn 48 tokens if you dont spend gold/plat for energy kits, thats not enough for an ironbite egg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

+1.
    All these suggestions would definitely bring fun back and will also benefit non plat users.

Furthermore more bosses and actually hard bosses would spice up the events and make people try really hard for a good loot without the need of wasting plats.
    Maps and dungeons that are hard to solo like elite maps would surely be more fun
    Last edited by Jxmaa; 06-06-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Karma Officer
    IGNs : Hazard ( Tank ) , Jxmaa ( Rogue )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Furthermore more bosses and actually hard bosses would spice up the events and make people try really hard for a good loot without the need of wasting plats.
    Maps and dungeons that are hard to solo like elite maps would surely be more fun.

Karma Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Even if the energyballs were increased from 3 to 5 and the CD reduced from 24 hrs to 12 hours, it would be boring and limiting. We might be able to farm a few kits, but what then? Personally I would like to play for many hours and go in and out of portals whenever I want, like in the Tarlok event.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 06-07-2014 at 03:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Trying to steal my job as official forum suggestion maker Jon? LOL

Excellent post! I agree with all 100%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    Personally I would like to play for many hours and go in and out of portals whenever I want, like in the Tarlok event.
    During Tarlok you could not just go in and out of portals whenever you wanted. Perhaps you could do that during the first day before that bug was fixed that let portals stay open forever. After that first day, you had to find a portal, and they only opened on occasion after defeating a boss....

And isn't that the same as having an energy ball drop from a boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    Keep the energy system, but make the energy tabs drop from bosses across Arlor at random.

The energy system can stay if this were implemented. So instead of just hunting portals, now you have to hunt both energy balls and portals. More fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    During Tarlok you could not just go in and out of portals whenever you wanted. Perhaps you could do that during the first day before that bug was fixed that let portals stay open forever.
    By "going in and out whenever I want", I mean being able to enter the event boss-zone by hunting portals at any time I want, and not being limited by an energy-regen clock. Sorry for my words leading you to misunderstand here :P. English isnt my first language.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 06-07-2014 at 03:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

My suggestion to fix all issues: Bring back legitimate skill switching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mihada View Post
    There is legitimate skill switching. You have to wait for the skill to cool down, then you can switch. Before it was illegitimate because you were finding a way to avoid the skill cool down. Skills have cool downs for a reason.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 06-07-2014 at 04:30 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mihada:1672662
    Good idea (won't happen) lol.
    Credits to Iady

Main St. , Rockhorn Summit in Tindirin, Arlor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

OP is OP. +9999

Click THIS to see my Sig-Tutorials!
    AL (Retired): Theologically : Pacified: Crimple : Pegging

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Yes, its extreme long.

Bosses drop average 1-4 token, so in one day you can farm ~6 token for free. In 8 days, you earn 48 tokens if you dont spend gold/plat for energy kits, thats not enough for an ironbite egg.
    Phew.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

During Tarlok you could not just go in and out of portals whenever you wanted. Perhaps you could do that during the first day before that bug was fixed that let portals stay open forever. After that first day, you had to find a portal, and they only opened on occasion after defeating a boss....

And isn't that the same as having an energy ball drop from a boss?
    The only difference is that the Tarlok event was purely free. The only time you had to pay plat was if you went through the portal in town. Right now if you find any portal anywhere, it would require 1 Energy Ball or 5 Plat.

I believe what Zyn is saying is if there was no "Energy" system implemented, you can just go in and out of portals you find throughout Arlor just like the Tarlok event without paying a dime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

+82927192

Karma Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The only difference is that the Tarlok event was purely free. The only time you had to pay plat was if you went through the portal in town. Right now if you find any portal anywhere, it would require 1 Energy Ball or 5 Plat.

I believe what Zyn is saying is if there was no "Energy" system implemented, you can just go in and out of portals you find throughout Arlor just like the Tarlok event without paying a dime.
    Yes, but the portals themselves were much rarer, so you had to search for them. So now you would have to search for an energy ball. The only difference was during Tarlok you could sit in town and wait for your guild friends to say "found a portal, come join", and then you could join them. Now you wouldn't be able to do that, you would actually have to get off your butt and go farm for energy balls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Yes, but the portals themselves were much rarer, so you had to search for them. So now you would have to search for an energy ball. The only difference was during Tarlok you could sit in town and wait for your guild friends to say "found a portal, come join", and then you could join them. Now you wouldn't be able to do that, you would actually have to get off your butt and go farm for energy balls.
    There is still a distinct issue to this. The Energy Ball limit of 3. Even if you have say 5 Energy Balls, you can't really play for that long seeing how easy the event maps and the bosses are. Removing the Energy Ball system is clearly the way to this. People want to play without worrying about "oh man, I have (2) Energy Balls left, lemme go find a Gold Tier person and not waste it", whereas if it was just a simple portal farming, who gives a crap what their tier is.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Great ideas. This has been mentioned before by others but I want to reiterate that portals dropping from mobs is frustrating. Make portals and energy balls drop from the bosses only not mobs. This will encourage team work and prevent runs from being broken up. Think of this scenario....you run a map with a group and a mob spawns a portal.....what do you do now? Enter portal and skip the boss who has a chance to drop energy balls? or skip portal to kill the boss instead? I understand that STG was hoping to make portals drop from mobs in order to encourage more portal entry and hence more platinum spending, but this does not work game play wise.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

First off I want to say I am in favor of the old Tarlok Assault system of portals. I felt that STG could of tweaked that old system to increase there platinum revenue very effectively. But i digress. I have a feeling this energy ball system is here to stay so I rather try to address a way to improve it instead of fighting a losing battle.

STGs idea of the energy ball system is that they based it off of the now tradable elixirs. What they found was that tradable elixirs forced plat and non-plat users to create a platinum sink either directly or indirectly. The platinum spenders directly spent platinum by buying these elixirs for consumption or auction house sale. While the non-plat spenders indirectly spent platinum by buying these kits off of the auction house. STG figured this might be the case with the energy ball system.

However, there is two fundamental problems. First problem is this event is a test event that did not truly test the full capacity of the real event which will have much more sought after items which will drive people to enter these portals. So because these items in the test goblin event are not worth much there is little incentive to buy expensive energy balls (14 to 17 k per energy ball) or with platinum (unless you are selling them on AH). The bullk of the players that are buying these energy balls like mad are people trying to reach leaderboards. Therefore, if STG wants to keep this energy ball system they have to somehow decrease the platinum price of these energy balls so that when its sold in the auction house it is cheap enough for normal players to be willing to buy them (maybe in the range of 3 to 4 k). Also the new event that is coming must have high enough incentive in terms of rare items to justify spending3 to 4 k on an energy ball for a chance at these items.

The second fundamental issue with the energy ball system is stagnation of game play. People want to farm for hours on end which cannot happen with the current system. The more time you have players logged on and playing continuously the more money you will make STG. With this current system, players are only playing at 20 to 30 minute spurts and logging off which is a very bad thing for a game. Therefore, if STG want to keep this energy ball system they gotta find a balance of cool-down and price of the energy balls to keep game play continuous. The ideas presented by the original poster was great especially the idea of energy balls dropping from bosses is a good start but I think we need more tweaks to the system to make it run smoothly and not stagnate the non-plat spender and non-wealthy gamers (in-game wise) game play.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 06-07-2014 at 02:47 PM.