Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How is PvP matching done?

Thanks

Default How is PvP matching done?

I don't understand how the system matches up players. I'm constantly raided by players with twice my castle lvl and when I go raiding I'm given opponents of way higher castle lvl.
    So I thought it was by trophies, but I'm getting raided by players with 3x my trophy count.
    Last edited by Jabu; 06-09-2014 at 08:04 PM.

Thanks

Seriously, this is like Tyson fighting an infant.

Thanks

This pvp count suck!!! Now im thinking to quit this game.... lol

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks

What do you mean by pvp count kabuki?
    | | | | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks

Agreed that is seriously irritating. I lost my first 16 battles being attacked. And even still at 370 trophies I'm getting attacked by players with 800 trophies, 726 trophies, 680 trophies. Lvl 5 archers, rangers etc.

I have only recently started winning defensive battles. Like 6 out of last 12 but still 6-31 in defense, 71 and 22 or so on offense.....

Their matching algorithm sucks.

Thanks

They need to fix this before it starts driving players away.

Thanks

Still waiting for an answer to his question. Is it based on trophies, castles level, both? Because I also get attacked by people with way higher lvl castles and trophies, but I never see people with lower castles and less trophies when I'm searching in pvp. Maybe I'm just in the middle of the player pool, so the extremes never come from the algorithm.

Forum Adept
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James Spencer Burbank View Post
    Still waiting for an answer to his question. Is it based on trophies, castles level, both? Because I also get attacked by people with way higher lvl castles and trophies, but I never see people with lower castles and less trophies when I'm searching in pvp. Maybe I'm just in the middle of the player pool, so the extremes never come from the algorithm.

Here is an outline from what I have noticed on how PvP matchmaking works:

1. All matchmaking seems to consider trophy's first. I have over 1k trophies and typically see the other same high trophy bases first.
    A. High trophy people who raid you have spent a lot of gold to see lowers troohy opponents. This is the reason some top players will drop their trophies to farmnas it reduces their overhead cost to get to more of the inactive or noon bases for easier farming.
    2. Next any person can attack or be attacked by castle levels +/- 2 levels. So if you have a lvl 5 castle you can attack a lvl 3 castle but be attacked by a lvl 7 castle.
    3. The amount of loot you can raid/be raided for is determined by castle level. Let me explain a bit more into how this works:
    A. When you attack or being attacked by somebody of the same castle level the allowed raid amount is 20% from storages and 50% from collectors.
    B. As the castle level difference varies so does the amount of loot you can raid. From what I can tell the rate increases or drops by 5% per level difference.
    So if you are castle level 5 and attack a lvl 3 castle you can only raid 10% from storages and 40% from collectors due to the 2 lvl difference.
    On the flip side if you are castle lvl 5 and raid a lvl 7 castle you can raid 30% from storages and 60% from collectors.
    4. Trophy's won or loss seems to be based off trophy count only with a minimum of 1 trophy to a max of 50 available to raid.
    A. This system prevents a low level castle from aquiring large amounts of trophies and forces you to keep upgrading if you want to move up the trophy board.

Granted this information is from my personal experience but I believe it too be accurate. I hope it helps.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jb57542 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That is not really true ...someone in my alliance got attacked by someone that had 5718 trophies and they only had 500 and some

Thanks

I've heard it is 2 levels under your castle's level and 3 above your's. I also heard it had to do with trophies but now I would really like to know from someone like a GM or someone that has to do with developing the game because it doesn't really seem to have any guidelines it's almost like a free for all but only for some

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks

PvP matchmaking is based on trophies. You're not allowed to attack a player more than 2 levels below your own. It's possible that a high trophy player can tap "Next" many, many times to find lower trophy players.
    | | | | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks

But the difference for 500 and some to over 5700 ..that must be some kinda of special tapping lmao

Thanks

**Yea this Attack system is weak** I had a total count of 901 trophies with a lvl7 Castle and was attacked by Aryos a lvl9 Castle with 15,000 trophies. So what game regardless of how many "NEXT battle" you hit gets a Players Castle with 15,000trophies to be able to see & attk a 2 lvl lower castle with 901 trophies. A HUGE difference, 14,099 trophies to be exact. Of course my base was destroyed 100% and all the long time of storing up gold/mana was for NOTHING because I lost all I had made in that One-Sided Unfair attack, that my lvl base can't possibly defend against. I guess the bonus was I got a 15Hr shield to once again wait & store it all over again.. but wait once my shield dropped I was Attacked by AldY Cools with 8,000 trophies with another 100% defeat taking all of my stored resources away again.

To G-M as a kind reply to your comment about hitting next many many times, the player Aryos with 15,000 trophies attacked my base THREE times out of Eight consecutive attacks of my base at this point my base was only in the 800 trophy range. 15,000 trophy LvL9 Base range able to easily find a LvL7 900-800 trophy base for 3 100% attacks out of the 8 total attacks on my base in a short time period.

Might as well not consider buying plat to improve my base and just QUIT.. because with a game system like this ,it seems i'll nvr be able to save enough gold/mana to pay for higher upgrades b4 I lose it all in an attack and have to start over just to lose it again & again. You see now?

Thanks

Everybody seems to not realize... There are not thousands of ppl in the upper echelon of trophies, so while the matching may start looking for similar trophy levels the options are limited; not only by how many ppl there are but also by how many of those are not shielded. Meaning very quickly ppl with lower trophy accumulation will become available.
    As the game ages and more ppl climb the trophy ladder I am sure the frequency of such attacks will decrease.
    There is of course another option, try to figure out (like many have) how to make the system work to your advantage. There is no rule against manipulating the numbers to work for you...... That is just smart game play =)