Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xasha's Skill guide (with iPhone screenshots)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love how you explained how to use the AoE spells more effectively in detail (I personally have been very frustrated with Hot Flash combos not working due to a too fast Firestorm). However, I think it would have been a better idea to write this guide when you are level 50, because AO3/Endgame can be a little different to soloing stuff. Also, I would rather form a party if I can - the only thing you lose is your pride and bragging rights, but in exchange mobs die a lot quicker, you survive a lot easier (obviously), and you get XP bonuses if you're in a party!! True, soloing can be fun due to the challenge, but I think most Enchantresses are a little more used to playing with a party, which is also a bit different.

Just my two cents.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Enchantress is the perfect solo class

But also the perfect party class.

It is a epic killer in PvP, if you can survive the hell of arrows raining from birdies tho :P.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's more complex than I would have guessed. The formula for Heal is the same, regardless of INT:
    Increase per one INT (min / max)
    Heal: 0.143 / 0.343

These main damage spells have accelerated bonus as INT increases, it seems. First the ratio with +210 INT:
    Ligh: 0.390 / 0.633
    Fire: 0.414 / 0.562
    Drai: 0.433 / 0.633

These seem pretty "clean" ratios.

With +286 I got different--less clean--ratios per INT:
    Ligh: 0.426 / 0.654
    Fire: 0.448 / 0.594
    Drai: 0.469 / 0.668

It seems that at +286 INT you have roughly a 0.03 better ratio than at +210.
    Last edited by xasha; 01-02-2011 at 03:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Its probably something like int/3=max while int/6=min

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I just realized. I had a weapom on. Values are diff with no weapons.

Heal: 105-224
    Firestorm: 117-203
    Lightning: 102-219
    Icestorm: 26-122
    Drain: 151-270

Totally naked. 252 int.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does any of your equipment have +dmg? Maybe it gets applied to spells as well as auto-attack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

That last post i had, i took off everything, including armor and vanity item. Try it at your int level.
    My first post with the higher damage, i was using burning wand of fate, cyber helm, cyber armor, and gurg eye.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Your weapon definitely affects spell damage. I took off my wand and lost 49 min/40 max damage off Drain Life. The wand is 72 damage per attack, average. It's 60 DPS (for total auto-attack DPS of 86). The wand also has +5 INT, which complicates things somewhat. If I equip a different wand I gain 18 min/20 max over base spell damage (well, base with all my +INT equipment on).

Clearly I need to do some more research on how weapons affect spell damage, but I'm in the middle of doing the spreadsheet for how INT affects it, so that will have to wait. I'm going to do the +INT calculations naked so that weapons don't come into play.

Thank you Sky../ for the valuable data points. Pharcyde, are your numbers naked? Thanks for your information also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

To get other int totals, use combinations of bracer, armor and helm. From +1 up to whatever highest + you can get. Just avoid those that add damage.

Would be nice if we could have a lvl 50 with 1 (or 7) int to post they're values. Then another from a hybrid.
    Last edited by Sky../; 01-02-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK, here's the sheet so far. It looks like the ratios are pretty consistent (discrepancies are likely due to rounding for whole numbers):

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xasha View Post
    OK, here's the sheet so far. It looks like the ratios are pretty consistent (discrepancies are likely due to rounding for whole numbers):

Looks like it might be 7 and 3. Min goes up every 7 int and max goes up every 3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is it possible to get to 1 or 0 INT? It didn't occur to me that going under the starting value would be possible. All of the damage spells are suspicious in that they have a 7 in their ones-digit for min & max damage, almost like it adds your INT total (maybe under a certain amount of INT it just adds INT to base damage).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Can you do one comparing the dfference between my naked int vs your naked int vs skill value difference.

Basically i wanna know how much more int do i have compared to you, and how muh more does that increase my values compared to yours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did my (naked INT - 7) and your (naked INT - 7) for the sheet above. I was subtracting 7 because I assumed that was the INT value for the numbers Pharcyde posted.

Mine is 195 ((lvl - 1) * 5), yours is 245. You can see from the chart that your Drain Life does an average of 16 more damage per cast than mine, for example (if both our characters are naked).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xasha View Post
    then freeze them with Ice Storm, combo with Firestorm, and follow with Lightning and debuffs as necessary
    I don't do much soloing, so I disagree with this order. I'd start with the debuffs as soon as the mobs are rounded up, then Lightning, then the Hot Flash combo, and then back to Lightning, which should have recharged by then, being ready to drop a Heal if anyone (including myself) needs it at any time. In any event, Lightning before FS/IS gives you a chance to drop a second Lightning as soon as you finish off the combo.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I don't do much soloing, so I disagree with this order. I'd start with the debuffs as soon as the mobs are rounded up, then Lightning, then the Hot Flash combo, and then back to Lightning, which should have recharged by then, being ready to drop a Heal if anyone (including myself) needs it at any time. In any event, Lightning before FS/IS gives you a chance to drop a second Lightning as soon as you finish off the combo.
    Weakness --> Nightmare --> Lightning --> Drain Life --> Ice Storm --> Heal --> Fire Storm --> Frost Bite.

^^ One hit mob kill Pve Combo.