Thread: Event Energy system - Yes or No?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Default Event Energy system - Yes or No?

In my opinion, no. This energy system for events is exactly what most people have a problem with and in my personal opinion it needs to go. I know an event is a temporary addition to the game and it is not a compulsory thing, players do have a choice of not participating in it. But lets be honest, if the event is happening during one's online time in AL and portals pop up throughout maps in Arlor, wouldnt every player wish to join in the fun? But the energy system limits the player's access to this. A player does not need to feel bound by a regen clock. But that is my suggestion and I welcome anyone who differs and presents valid points for that.

For future events, if the energy system is taken off but the leaderboard is kept it would be better. We could be given the option of direct entry to the bosses with platinum purchase. When there is a leaderboard to chase minus the hassle of energy-regen and the option of entry is purchasable through plat or portal-hunt only, it would be more fun --

1. It will be a contest where plat-spenders can gain instant access to the bosses by purchasing a direct entry besides the usual portal hunting. Since it will be a race for the top postion on a LB, time would matter. And that is why this would not discourage people from spending plats during the event as they would prefer quicker and easier access rather than hunting portals.

2. All players will have equal opportunity to enter the event and play depending on their luck (of hunting portals, like in theTarlok event) and skills instead of a time set by an energy regen clock. Casual players and moderate plat spenders will not feel isolated and limited as their entry into the portal will depend on how much they are willing to play and hunt. This also adds fun and camaraderie between guildmates and friends.

3. If the energy system stays, but energy kits are made to be loot-drops, the rarity should be that of essences and not too rare or it would not solve the purpose.

I would like to know what others think about this.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 06-07-2014 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like #3. If we need to have energy, make it something that drops somewhere. Something that encourages people to play, not just sit and watch a timer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Considering sts asked for feedback before the goblin event, then went ahead with energy anyway, I reckon they will tweak the system for ursoth, but very likely not the way most people seem to want. If tarlok had been a very succesful business model, it would have been rolled out again with the same mechanics and a shiny new skin. Elixirs in the cs have changed everything - esp luck, and energy will follow a similar pattern.

People who complain that they went broke buying energy for no profit need to watch event reward prices in the cs very carefully and learn where gold can and cannot be made.

If people dont have plat, the options are gold and tokens - good idea to work out which is more valuable, in terms of what you want out of the event.

Just my ten cents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

This event wasn't worth it to me. I'll just take my free vanity at end of event.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

I agree #1/2 and I totally agree with #3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

This event was pure LOL.

Almost cost the life of our fellow loved Parf.

I expected his demise to be in a never ending fight with a tree, but not sitting playing a game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Sad that I can't get all the items in the token shop for myself. Agree with #1 and #2.

via orange caramel app.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

The event did not almost cost Zeus his life. His choices did. ( I don't know any of the players on the leader boards so please don't think I am attacking them...)

Falmear posted a link a while back about the Free to Play business model that is worth a read. Paraphrasing : The system essentially takes human nature and exploits it for profit.

IMO, what they are doing with energy is dividing up the player base. The game is no longer something that you can spend hours on unless you are willing to pay. And let's face it, many are. I am one of them.

But I for one am reaching a point where the return of fun for my investment is negative. Ultimately a system based on luck and pay to win coupled with bugs galore, insider info given to a select few and utterly terrible communication about the game and its events from the STS team, is one that soon enough I will no longer support with my time or money.
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    In my opinion, no. This energy system for events is exactly what most people have a problem with and in my personal opinion it needs to go. I know an event is a temporary addition to the game and it is not a compulsory thing, players do have a choice of not participating in it. But lets be honest, if the event is happening during one's online time in AL and portals pop up throughout maps in Arlor, wouldnt every player wish to join in the fun? But the energy system limits the player's access to this. A player does not need to feel bound by a regen clock. But that is my suggestion and I welcome anyone who differs and presents valid points for that.

For future events, if the energy system is taken off but the leaderboard is kept it would be better. We could be given the option of direct entry to the bosses with platinum purchase. When there is a leaderboard to chase minus the hassle of energy-regen and the option of entry is purchasable through plat or portal-hunt only, it would be more fun --

1. It will be a contest where plat-spenders can gain instant access to the bosses by purchasing a direct entry instead of hunting portals. Since it will be a race for the top postion on a LB, time would matter. And that is why this would not discourage people from spending plats during the event as they would prefer quicker and easier access rather than hunting portals.

2. All players will have equal opportunity to enter the event and play depending on their luck (of hunting portals, like in theTarlok event) and skills instead of a time set by an energy regen clock. Casual players and moderate plat spenders will not feel isolated and limited as their entry into the portal will depend on how much they are willing to play and hunt. This also adds fun and camaraderie between guildmates and friends.

3. If the energy system stays, but energy kits are made to be loot-drops, the rarity should be that of essences and not too rare or it would not solve the purpose.

I would like to know what others think about this.
    Let's address the elephant in the room. Yes, rich players get an advantage​​. This should be part of the event. Gear is already factor so STS should be profiting from high gold players. This event allows players with no plkat to be just as comoetetive as those with it. I would hate to see that lost. The event needs to be changed where people can't hold portals and portal dropo rates are lower, and from bosses, in my opinion.

1) NO!!! this gives a crazy advantage to plat users. If this was implemented, like in tarlok, no one would make the lb without plat (they can this event though).

2) This remoives the energy system and forces number 1 to be implemented. Sorry, STS has to make money so expect a way to use plat to be included in every event. At least this event offers gold as an alternative.

3) energy does drop from bosses. They can't make kits drop since they are a plat item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yep this energy system needs to go.. I suggested they do a poll on the latest announcement by Sam. I hope they do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

2. All players will have equal opportunity to enter the event and play depending on their luck (of hunting portals, like in theTarlok event) and skills instead of a time set by an energy regen clock.
    So instead of hunting portals like in the Tarlok event, now you can hunt energy balls. If they dropped from bosses, then that would solve the problem. What it would do is limit the unfair advantage that those in big guilds have. During the Tarlok event, everyone in your guild would say "I found a portal, come join". Now that wouldn't work since you would need an energy ball. So instead of just sitting around waiting for your guild members to find a portal, you would have to be out there farming for energy balls. I don't see this as a bad thing.

Yes, this is the best solution. And BTW, the energy balls are already loot drops, they just only drop from the event bosses. I've gotten about 5 of them so far. What they need to do is extend these drops to the regular bosses. NOT mobs though. Just like during the tarlok event how you had to defeat the boss to get the portal to spawn, make it so that the energy balls only drop from bosses on occasion. Every time through the dungeon should not result in an energy ball. Maybe once every 10 times should, and maybe once every 2-3 times in an elite dungeon.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    So instead of hunting portals like in the Tarlok event, now you can hunt energy balls. If they dropped from bosses, then that would solve the problem. What it would do is limit the unfair advantage that those in big guilds have. During the Tarlok event, everyone in your guild would say "I found a portal, come join". Now that wouldn't work since you would need an energy ball. So instead of just sitting around waiting for your guild members to find a portal, you would have to be out there farming for energy balls. I don't see this as a bad thing.

Yes, this is the best solution. And BTW, the energy balls are already loot drops, they just only drop from the event bosses. I've gotten about 5 of them so far. What they need to do is extend these drops to the regular bosses. NOT mobs though. Just like during the tarlok event how you had to defeat the boss to get the portal to spawn, make it so that the energy balls only drop from bosses on occasion. Every time through the dungeon should not result in an energy ball. Maybe once every 10 times should, and maybe once every 2-3 times in an elite dungeon.
    Exactly what I was thinking!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Let's address the elephant in the room. Yes, rich players get an advantage​​. This should be part of the event. Gear is already factor so STS should be profiting from high gold players. This event allows players with no plkat to be just as comoetetive as those with it. I would hate to see that lost. The event needs to be changed where people can't hold portals and portal dropo rates are lower, and from bosses, in my opinion.

1) NO!!! this gives a crazy advantage to plat users. If this was implemented, like in tarlok, no one would make the lb without plat (they can this event though).

2) This remoives the energy system and forces number 1 to be implemented. Sorry, STS has to make money so expect a way to use plat to be included in every event. At least this event offers gold as an alternative.

3) energy does drop from bosses. They can't make kits drop since they are a plat item.
    With regards to your first point, why not make it a consumable to gain entry, not plat, and make it tradeable. For example, take the tarlok event. First level boss would cost 1 winter boss token. Second level boss would take 2 winter boss tokens. So on until Tarlok and his dragon would cost 10 winter boss tokens to be taken right to him. You could buy a pack of these tokens for plat, and they would be tradeable. There would be no way for these to enter the market except for plat.

At the same time, map-spawned portals would be free to enter, and have a low chance to take you to tarlok and his dragon, just like they were in the event. This both keeps the plat purchasing going, as well as include an unlimited playability option for non-plat and poor players (without over saturating the market overly much). Make the chance to visit Tarlok and his dragon very small for spawned portals, so for non-plat players, it's a perceived jackpot to get one.

This would still remove energy, make the leaderboard the same concept (plat-payers and rich rule, not opposed to that), but offer non-plat players and poor players a fun and engaging experience, without a limit on three runs every 24 hours.

Those who say it cannot be done should not stop those who are doing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

The energy system helps STS profit. It is good for that reason alone. If they make some modifications to allow free players to gain more access to the event then everyone will be happy(we know that will never happen lol). Suggestions that have been made are great. Let energy drop from normal bosses. Let mob spawned portals be free to enter(portal must disappear after a set amount of time to avoid exploits). Increase the amount of energy players get. Reduce the amount of time it takes for energy to return. These are all viable options that would make the events for more enjoyable for the masses.