Thread: End Game Archer - PvE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default End Game Archer - PvE

I am currently moving up ranks in the 50's and 60's on my bird, and I have followed Physiologic's guide. I have all my skill points like his, but his guide is outdated and I have more skill points to dispose of. What skills should I continue to rank up and what is the highest amount a skill can go to, if not 6? how many skill points do i get? thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ditto on this - what's the newest PvE archer stats? i just got to lvl 69 and been away from the game for a few years...would like to know what equipment i should be using (pure Dex bird) and what skills to best use...also best ring?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endaos View Post
    I am currently moving up ranks in the 50's and 60's on my bird, and I have followed Physiologic's guide. I have all my skill points like his, but his guide is outdated and I have more skill points to dispose of. What skills should I continue to rank up and what is the highest amount a skill can go to, if not 6? how many skill points do i get? thank you
    Hello, Physiologic's guide is for the more experienced player's archer, and is, surely, very outdated. It was based on simply leveling quickly through the game, not exactly for the new, casual player. The last time it was viable was during the later part of 56 cap.

By the time you get to level 65 or 70 (I forgot which level), you'll be able to put 9 points maximum into your skills.
    But at level 60, you'll have a 7 point limit.
    Nevertheless, the vital skills in which you should put your points, in order, to maximum, are:
    Focus
    Blast Shot
    Evasion
    Blinding Shot
    Break
    Root (more important in PvP, but not so much in PvE)

At level 76, that leaves you with 76-54=22 skill points left.
    Get at least 6 points into Repulse and at least 1 point into each of Shattering Scream, Thorn Wall and Avian Scream. You'll have many skill points reamaining, so you may distribute them based on your playing style.
    I would personally put 9 into Repulse and Thorn Wall and then the remaining 4 into Shattering Scream. Avian Scream is mostly used to free yourself from any roots, stuns or freezes, but that's only vital in PvP, and assuming that you are a DEX archer, not as important as you will die quickly. The damage and debuffing ability is more important as it maximizes your potential damage output as a ful DEX archer in endgame.

Per each level, you will be able to receive 1 skill point. By the time you get to level 75 or 76, you'll have a total of 75/76 skill points, respectively.
    As such, it's important that you have 9 in each of the skills mentioned above, and then distribute points into Repulse, Shattering Scream, Thorn Wall, and Avian Scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesper View Post
    ditto on this - what's the newest PvE archer stats? i just got to lvl 69 and been away from the game for a few years...would like to know what equipment i should be using (pure Dex bird) and what skills to best use...also best ring?
    The best platinum ring is a combination of crit and damage. I would suggest the more damage/less crit ring.
    However, with the level 77 cap coming, all such previously mentioned rings become obsolete as everyone who caps level 77 will purportedly have the chance to obtain a 2 piece Elite Vanity ring. That means you should cap 76 as quickly as you can, then cap 77 to receive the bonus. This ring gives a superior boost to your stats. Just use that. Meanwhile, I would suggest using the above platinum ring. Make sure it's the level 20 version.
    If you have some more gold and platinum to spare, you could always get a Red Dragon Set (better for DEX archer than Green or Blue, as critical over mana/armor), although there is no confirmation, and it will probably be unlikely, that you will be able to combine the Dragon ring with the 2 piece ring, which is your eventual goal. That, then, would make the Dragon ring obsolete as well.
    In terms of gear, your goal as of this cap is get the Swift Elite set. It is the absolute best damage set for a pure DEX archer. For skill usage, refer to the post above.
    Don't focus on raising hit percentage. You don't need more of that, as Swift Elite set and Focus buffs give you well over 150.

If you are not as rich as you would like to be, and at level 76, use the Elite Bow along with Angel helm and armor or purple level 75 helm and armor (Molten).
    If you are not at level 76, use the Swift Recurve bow set. If not well-off, use a level 75 Molten Ballista (very high skill damage and still viable, as your main output without a Phoenix bow is based off of skill arrows), or a level 75 non-Flying/Swift recurve (the Retro Gear Weapons) along with Angel helm and armor or purple level 75 helm and armor (Molten).

For all gear information and comparison, refer to Whirlzap's Blacksmoke lists.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...inks-and-Stats

In terms of PvE, always focus on damage output rather than playing defensively. Follow Physiologic's old playing guide - the death train concept is something long forgotten in the gameplay of new generation archers, who so obstinately rely on Daily Blessings to keep them alive. Essentially, when approaching an enemy, use your two buffs, proceed to debuff enemies with the two roots, break, blind, and then shattering with blast to create the Cruel Blast combo. Use a repulse arrow if they are not dead yet to cooldown the previous arrows and repeat.

Why should I say I'll have strangers come over to my house!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

If 76 max all skills except avian scream thorn root and restore, avian scream at lvl 1 or 2 and thorn root at lvl 1 or 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

^ Thank you very much Wizard Ralph for your detailed response much appreciated - Thank you Amourslash as well

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nesper For This Useful Post: