Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bears are dead. They need help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Default Bears are dead. They need help

Bears are utterly useless now.

Paladins stole their tanking roles. They can't dps a much as birds. Warriors section is always dead. These guys seriously need help, and this is coming from someone who doesn't even use bears. Nobody wants to play them anymore.

I remember when I first played this game a few months ago, the game seem to be plagued by bears. We need bears not to suck again.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Agreed, and I'm in the same position as you. Bears need to be revived, literally~
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Yes! I've been saying this too. I may not have a level 50 bear but they are super fun to play as in PVE for crowd control and I love having them around. Everybody doubts their abilities because nobody bothers to make good bears any more (except Tssrosalka).
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I need this to happen soon... I am constantly dying in the middle room of vl... The birds are just running through whistling and twiddling their thumbs...

I am Militaryman. No "if"s, "and"s, or "butt"s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    thats like hitler killing that moustache look
    Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    My future career will be a professional snowboarder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Guys i know all of us dislike the bears being nerfed but instead of repeating similar threads, we need to think of a solution

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Solution = Bears sacrifice a small amount of armor in return for damage x2 of sacrifice. New spells such as charge would also increase effectiveness, or a spell that automatically switches aggro back to the bear.

Bears still got Beckon, no paladin can do the all mighty becon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have all 3 I used my bear 24/7 I loved him then suddenly bang its useless.... Now I use my dex bird >.< and I'd love to play as my bear again
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Cinco said in chat box that a slight solution may be to have iron blood give a little less armor, but to steal some armor from the opponent, sounds like a start

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Cinco said in chat box that a slight solution may be to have iron blood give a little less armor, but to steal some armor from the opponent, sounds like a start
    Do we really need to give bears more armor? Solution is to take a small amount of armor from them, but replace it x2 with damage. Hell in PvP pure Str bears survive taking aggro from 3 people for a good 10 seconds. It also leaves everyone useless with no buffs/cooling down, so bears still pwn in group PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Do we really need to give bears more armor? Solution is to take a small amount of armor from them, but replace it x2 with damage. Hell in PvP pure Str bears survive taking aggro from 3 people for a good 10 seconds. It also leaves everyone useless with no buffs/cooling down, so bears still pwn in group PvP.
    Me Fab and Jolly (ajeje) work together, we work pretty well. We call ourselves the dream team having a bear on a pvp team isn't a bad idea, especially one as good as fab. They're not bad, but most people don't know how to play them.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Me Fab and Jolly (ajeje) work together, we work pretty well. We call ourselves the dream team having a bear on a pvp team isn't a bad idea, especially one as good as fab. They're not bad, but most people don't know how to play them.
    Only problem I see with them is its easy to kill steal them. Thus the injection of steroids will save the bear . Def though! I do love that bears cast nonstop high criticals; weapon wise once they do get ahold of birdies and magies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Only problem I see with them is its easy to kill steal them. Thus the injection of steroids will save the bear . Def though! I do love that bears cast nonstop high criticals; weapon wise once they do get ahold of birdies and magies.
    Fab gets a lot of kills for a bear, but still not a ton. He gets a lot of kills for a bear, but overall, he gets about average. Bears really help in a party though. With he'll scream, terror combo makes the enemy/enemies so squishy. I really like my int bear, very fun, and pretty good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Fab gets a lot of kills for a bear, but still not a ton. He gets a lot of kills for a bear, but overall, he gets about average. Bears really help in a party though. With he'll scream, terror combo makes the enemy/enemies so squishy. I really like my int bear, very fun, and pretty good.
    Bears need working taunt becon better iron blood a bit better they just need there tanking ability back lol
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Heheh I'll have to play with your int bear sometime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Heheh I'll have to play with your int bear sometime.
    Helps not slow down the party, and has a pretty good chance of survivability. He has about 100 armor and 19 hs and 21 ms, I haven't tested tanking with him, I'm sure with a good Mage in the party he may be able to do it but I didn't make him to tank. I made him for fun, and to have a use for my bear

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Helps not slow down the party, and has a pretty good chance of survivability. He has about 100 armor and 19 hs and 21 ms, I haven't tested tanking with him, I'm sure with a good Mage in the party he may be able to do it but I didn't make him to tank. I made him for fun, and to have a use for my bear
    Haha good mages are hard to find these days. Everyone is just button jammers now, which can actually be counter productive at times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Haha good mages are hard to find these days. Everyone is just button jammers now, which can actually be counter productive at times.
    I think it's smarter to take your time and set up combo on bosses rather than mash buttons, I mean, its not like he's going anywhere.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I think it's smarter to take your time and set up combo on bosses rather than mash buttons, I mean, its not like he's going anywhere.
    Indeed, its likely the mage will switch aggro anyways, so why not inflict more damage while your at it. Funny since I started Pvping, my PvE effectiveness has increased greatly. PvP combos work great in dungeons too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Indeed, its likely the mage will switch aggro anyways, so why not inflict more damage while your at it. Funny since I started Pvping, my PvE effectiveness has increased greatly. PvP combos work great in dungeons too.
    Yeah, biggest different in pvp and pve is, in pvp, you have to be fast, and have a good combo to win against some guys. In pve, you don't have to have that to kill a boss. It is great practice though, also helps you manage your survivability without using pots.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Yeah, biggest different in pvp and pve is, in pvp, you have to be fast, and have a good combo to win against some guys. In pve, you don't have to have that to kill a boss. It is great practice though, also helps you manage your survivability without using pots.
    I used to practice survivability by soloing Victory Lap and Captive Audience with no Elixir's. Went pretty good but I guzzled soo many potions and contributed a good 300 deaths from it :P. Oh well I got way better at surviving anything .