Thread: Personally rating the goblin event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default Personally rating the goblin event

As a new 41 warrior, this event has done nothing to help me except give me a pet or vanity. There is no way, unless you had a lot of gold or plat, to do 3 missions per day and achieve the Talisman or Glaive. I have spent 60k gold on energy and I am still at 58 tokens, and the event ends tomorrow. WOOOhooo

The event has managed to drive down the price of locked as people need the gold to buy the energy. Thus the rich are getting great deals in preparation of the 41 mythics release. Luck Elixirs have skyrocketed. This has been a major set back in trying to save for better gear.

I am sure my disappointment is an indirect relationship to the developers rating of it a success. As discouraged as i am currently, I hope my hording locked chests will pay off in the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Since the talisman is worth 400k (last I checked) it might be worth buying kits for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I can only buy vanity, 2 sets.. LOL... Luckily, I'm not buying elixir or energy
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

In this event, I manage to get 2 sets of vanity, 1 Goblin Glaive and 1 Ironbite. Still unhappy because I was unable to get the talisman.

via orange caramel app.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Froxanthar View Post
    In this event, I manage to get 2 sets of vanity, 1 Goblin Glaive and 1 Ironbite. Still unhappy because I was unable to get the talisman.

via orange caramel app.
    how much platss/money spent to get those?

lol also instead of buying 2 vanities and glaive, u shud have bought 1 vanity and talisman

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I averaged 2 tokens per run, plus 2 for each daily. In order to get 175 tokens of the talisman, I would have had to buy another 40 energy (175-91) approximately. Now my tokens/run may have gone up at the gold level to say 3. I say 3 because we still faced the weakest boss even with all 4 of us at gold, but the chance of Pain showing up would have increased probably.

Even with 3/run, I still needed another 30 energy at 14,000 gold each, that is 420,000 gold on top of the 100k I had already spent. Crow, I think 400k is a bargain for the talisman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    how much platss/money spent to get those?

lol also instead of buying 2 vanities and glaive, u shud have bought 1 vanity and talisman
    It's pure recharged and free energy drop from the boss. When I've reach the gold tier, its a confirm 4-6 tokens each run. I didn't go with random since they will lowering the chance to meet better bosses and so I just do solo. Oh, I used 2 energy kits to spend my last token on the Glaive.

-
    via orange caramel app.
    Last edited by Froxanthar; 06-13-2014 at 12:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I never received a single energy drop from a boss. My wife received two out of 30 runs. Three people in my group minimum, and we all did the missions together. We added in a guild member who was at gold already from time to time. We were not guaranteed 4 tokens at gold. There were several runs when we were in the high 400's of gold level, and the three of us drew one of the weakest boss'... two tokens. We were continually disappointed. I spent 100k for Ironbite and a vanity.

What did people do with 1000's of tokens? Buy many glaives, talismans, ironbites and vanities?

Also, the news stated that the glaive's dot damage was increased, which may make it more valuable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SIEGE_ View Post
    Also, the news stated that the glaive's dot damage was increased, which may make it more valuable.
    Nope. It still does 15 damage for me. 5-7 damage in hard elites.

via orange caramel app.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SIEGE_ View Post
    I never received a single energy drop from a boss. My wife received two out of 30 runs. Three people in my group minimum, and we all did the missions together. We added in a guild member who was at gold already from time to time. We were not guaranteed 4 tokens at gold. There were several runs when we were in the high 400's of gold level, and the three of us drew one of the weakest boss'... two tokens. We were continually disappointed. I spent 100k for Ironbite and a vanity.

What did people do with 1000's of tokens? Buy many glaives, talismans, ironbites and vanities?

Seige, I think you messed up or dd not do utilize the system effectively. First off, it's better to reach gold tier as that is where the money is at. If you stay at silver, it's just a money sink.

Secondly, you need to run with all gold tier members, including yourself. This is the only way to gather tokens effectively, really. Also, the Gyrm loots as well as tokens should pay off any energy kits. For me, at least, they did and I even made some profit until I decided to chase the leaderboards which ended up being a huge drain on resources.

For the next event, try this and let me know how you fare.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I did not miss it. You have to reach gold tier. I spent 100k to get to gold buying energy, and then there was 1.5 days left in the event. I had 4 to 5 runs for more tokens. No gold meant no luck, and I was running on lepre alone for a chance at gyrm. I suppose I could have sold cheap all my locked for the 7k ish going price and made a better run on tokens.

Next event. I hope to be in a better position financially with gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

seige u seems like u haven't utilized it properly.
    u should have to be in gold tier within 3-4days.
    then u invest money in energy kits and farm Payne crazy. but u need luck too XD.

I had practical exams so I couldn't farm Payne that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I spent all the gold I had, 100k, for energy pots. Also, it was not possible to achieve gold level in 4 days unless you spent gold on energy or got energy drops from bosses. 330 points to get gold level. It took my 3 player group, plus the occasional addition of a silver or gold player as 4th, 5 days to get gold. We fought 3 missions a day from the start. None of us had a lot of gold.

What I did not do was breakdown and sell my 200+ locked at a 7,000 gold each to buy more energy. I will be better off buying the talisman in the AH down the road, or the next mythic with similar abilities.

It is all good my beefy fellows. I have nothing but time on my side. Growth is inevitable.

Ssiege!