Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What You Need to Know for the End of the Goblin Event!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I would just love to say that the event time was too short and I didnt even loot one gyrm with these chances= Leprechaun pendant and Lepre + Loot reroll from Klaas. This kinda sucks and obviously I was gold tier. Please tell me why I didbt loot gyrm from any boss

Send from MOON

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolordi View Post
    I would just love to say that the event time was too short and I didnt even loot one gyrm with these chances= Leprechaun pendant and Lepre + Loot reroll from Klaas. This kinda sucks and obviously I was gold tier. Please tell me why I didbt loot gyrm from any boss

Send from MOON

because like many other players, we were limited in runs by gold/plat. Blame the plat sink... er energy system
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

So mostly everyone agrees this goblin event wasnt any good, Tarlok was way better. I say make the next event have a portal in town that you use energy/plat to enter while also having portals drop from mobs that are free but only stay open for a few mins. Or you can make energy kits farmable at all times from bosses or w/e so ppl can stock up on them b4 events. you can also have them drop from crates this would lower the price in cs for non plat spenders. Ither way though sts would lose some revenue. Lets see if they choose money or customers. Seems like a simple choice for me. Money is a good choice for short term only. Long term should be their goal. Or am i wrong? Theres alot of other legends games maybe sts is thinking its almost time for a new one, lets get all the money we can out of these AL players b4 we make this next game. Lets hope not!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

OK so everyone hates energy.
    There are (were) 2 ways to like it:

1. Keep your daily routine, run elites, do dailies, merch, help newbies, and, when the mood strikes, you can run an Event Mission map 3 times a day. Obviously there has to be limit for plat spenders or this is just a plat race, so let me repeat my suggestion that plat could only buy you double energy regeneration rate and capacity, not unlimited access.

2. Run a twink army. I did it and, in fact, loved the event! I ran the mission map like 50 times a day all free, learned the ins and outs during the first day, figured out boss strategies at twink level where the difficulty was not so insane, and also looted 2 Gyrms in the end, with just 2 energy kits total and like 30 lucks. (I was hoping to get 3 Gyrms but oh well, I don't like my warrior anyway :-) )

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    ended up with the best boss Payne. Problem was I cannot beat him solo no matter what.
    I see the discussion is now pointless but still... it's really a matter of 2 things: keep him away from the green goo that heals him, and keep potting at all times. I felt like a piano player with Payne and Fury.
    Of course it's hard to figure out he only heals when he's over the goo, when he can 2-shot you. If i didn't meet him on a twink first, I might just rage quit. Once you can lure him between the pools, and keep potting to stay alive, it's only a matter of time to kill him, whether with 2 or 4 attack skills. ( I killed him using a rogue with only 2 attack skills, lol)
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Milan Lame Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Great!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jenvy View Post
    Mmmm... try using gyrm or ribbit with lightning?
    Would have liked to, but I'm on iOS so most of my pets are not usable at the moment. I only had Slag, Ripmaw, Abbadon, Misty and Grimm to choose from.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

milan explained it well, i killed it with locked expeditinal gun and abbadon/grimm/slag, multiple times.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Easy. Just do 2 type of events. One tarlok and one like the last. So everyone is happy?

Not easy to please all.

Energy is a good thing but better if cheaper maybe 1-2 plat and more running befor gold tier. Should be better gear when completed. And lot more difficult :-).

Maybe more steps like platinum etc.
    Last edited by Crazyteam; 06-10-2014 at 04:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

This is the best thing what happened during the event, it finally ended!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Glad this event is over, such a drain. This is the first and last time i'll waste my plats with such little return.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Plat users will win all events....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I heard about Goblin banner for gold tiers. Is it just rumor?

Sent from Asus TF701T (with hw keys)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

So new event will be energy based????. I hope not. Zzzz

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karrdath View Post
    So new event will be energy based????. I hope not. Zzzz

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Sts has said yoy can keep energy kits and glowstones for future use, or sell them, so it must be energy based.

ain't got no how whatchamacallit (kurt cobain)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

So disappointed in this Event System.
    I understand Energy cannot simply be removed, and there's no point rambling on about how they should not have added it,
    that's in the past now.

But honestly, STS, you guys seem like you're heading this game in the same direction that every other great game follows,
    riiiight before it dies.

Don't do that. Look after your customers, and do the right thing. If you do, we'll keep playing, and you'll keep earning. If not, laters.

PEACE
    IGN: Rianaku (Warrior) - Couchlock (Sorcerer) - SnackBox (Rogue)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Rianaku For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rianaku View Post
    So disappointed in this Event System.
    I understand Energy cannot simply be removed, and there's no point rambling on about how they should not have added it,
    that's in the past now.

But honestly, STS, you guys seem like you're heading this game in the same direction that every other great game follows,
    riiiight before it dies.

Don't do that. Look after your customers, and do the right thing. If you do, we'll keep playing, and you'll keep earning. If not, laters.

PEACE
    Looking at the other sts games and forum comments about them (and specifically comments about game updates) I'm starting to wonder whether their games simply have a limited profit lifespan or something?

ain't got no how whatchamacallit (kurt cobain)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yeah, I'd say the only winners in this event are #1 on the leaderboard, and those who bought the energy kits for plat and resold them in the auction.

Considering the cost of energy, the loot to be had is not worth the cost of buying energy, whether you buy for gold or plat. Best thing to do with your gold is to just save it and not participate in the event, perhaps merch the items that get looted. And the best thing to do with your plat is to buy energy kits to sell in the auction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jenvy View Post
    I think I can say with the near-full support of the community that introducing energy to AL was one of the absolute worst decision you guys have ever made.

Fact: if energy isn't overhauled entirely (or made borderline irrelevant) in the next few events, you're going to lose a MAJOR part of your AL player base. I've been playing STS Legends games for years now, and I'm actually tempted to ragequit the entire series because of this. If I'm tempted to leave... well, you can say goodbye to a good portion of your less loyal AL users. When there's no one left to dominate, AL's hardcore spenders will stop buying plat to be the best. Eventually, they too will jump ship. AL will stop winning all those shiny 'BEST MMO' awards. New player influx will dry out. AL will stagnate and die. You'll lose massive potential profits as it becomes just another unpopulated game taking up server space. To stay afloat, you'll have to put out a brand new Legends sans this terrible system and cling to the hope that the loyal amongst us will return for the new IP.

TL;DR - In-app purchase games don't truly last unless there is a semblance of real balance between cashers and free users. Pushing it too far out of balance is going to kill AL. It's going to die, just like PL did. And who knows? Maybe that's what you're aiming for. Maybe you're just gearing up for Western/Orient/Spartan/Medieval/Whatever Legends.

But can I give you a piece of advice for the future? Trading one money-grubbing flagship for the next is an awful business plan for game companies. You should want to keep AL populated, user-friendly, and running smoothly as you expand and put out new titles. Think how much money you could make if you had TWO ALs.

STS... let's get real for a moment. I love you like a fat kid loves cake. I don't want to watch my cake (you) turn into moldy maggot-covered mush (Gamevil).

Mmmm... try using gyrm or ribbit with lightning?
    Well said! Couldn't have put it better myself.
    Right here is valuable advise STS, please read and take (very serious) note.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default What You Need to Know for the End of the Goblin Event!

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    What will happen to my leftover energy and tokens?
    Energy will be universal across all events. If you have energy kits leftover you may hold on to them or sell them for use in the next event. Tokens on the other hand will disappear when the event ends, so spend them while you still can!
    Well well... Sorry if anyone disagrees with me but having energy control how events are played is the most ludicrous idea I've ever heard of. Comparing this event to the tarlok event I would say that the tarlok event was far better probably one of the best event I've ever done.

The tarlok event was unlimited access to portals but they didn't spawn from mob but bosses and that concept was much better. It's already hard to loot a gyrm egg and on top of the you only get 3 energy about every day decreasing your chances by a lot. Imagine if this was done on the tarlok event there would only be a handful of the tarlok gear available, even less of the twink gear. The fact that you plan to do this for all the upcoming event is a real let down on your part.

Will all the event have prizes also? Because this one strongly encouraged people to spend...

More events like tarlok plz
    Last edited by Sky_is_epicgearz; 06-10-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

All they need to do to make the energy system work is to make it possible to loot energy kits from regular and elite bosses. Then it will be no different than the tarlok even where you needed to kill bosses for portals to spawn. With the current energy system, you can find a portal just by going to the event town. So instead of killing bosses to look for portals, now you kill them to look for energy kits. Same thing. Only difference is during Tarlok when you found a portal, your friends could join you. Now when you find an energy kit, it's just for you and not your friends. But what's nice is you can save the energy for later and accumulate 3 of them before using. With Tarlok you had to go through portal then and could not save for later.