Thread: Locked Grand Crate of the Watch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Lightbulb Locked Grand Crate of the Watch

Recap ...

From what I understood by reading other threads, there will be another crate that will have a double chance for mythic weapons. This crate will not drop any mythic armors/helms/amulets or rings. These crates will drop from the bosses, I suppose.

The current crate will have a different name and will drop everything that it has now + some other stuff.

I've been stashing locked crates for 9 months now and I was looking forward to opening some at the Ursoth event. Changing the name of the current crate is not a help to the people who have been hoarding crates for all these months.

Instead, you could somehow upgrade like 2 or 3 old crates into a new crate.
    If you agree on this, we will not end up losing time trying to gather the new locked crates for a double chance. Also it could work for plat users who can finish an upgrade fast with their plats.

When there is a new item in town which drops from locked crate everybody will open crates to get it first.

With this new exceptional crate they have to farm days to get 100-200 crates to open. With this upgrade-conception everything should work faster and has benefits for both plat users and free players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

So you're saying: 2 normal locks uprade to make 1 double odds one?

Seems like an OK idea at first
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

I'm thinking two would be too easy, but 3 sounds good to me. It would certainly help flush a chunk of the locked crates from the market and drive prices back up

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Statistically, opening 2 crates doubles your chances anyway. So crafting 2 into a double odds crate is the max that any sensible person would want to craft. However, it will decrease the number of crates and possibly increase the price which seems like a good idea, eapecially for hoarders such as yourself
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    Statistically, opening 2 crates doubles your chances anyway. So crafting 2 into a double odds crate is the max that any sensible person would want to craft. However, it will decrease the number of crates and possibly increase the price which seems like a good idea, eapecially for hoarders such as yourself
    It would encourage hoarders as they will see it as 2 crates = 1 inventory space. Haha
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd
    If the double-odds crates are opened with the same amount of plat as a single locked crate, then the better deal would definately be a double-odds locked crate. I'd rather spend 30-40k and use 15 plat to open a high-chance crate than spend 20-30k on 2 crates and use 30 plat.

The crate supply would be eaten up, driving prices back up and re-distributing the gold back into the middle class players. If these crates arent craftable, then there would pretty much be no use for the regular crates, and the middle class would remain stagnant while the upper class and heavy farmers would be happy.

I hope STS takes this suggestion into consideration

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Worship View Post
    It would encourage hoarders as they will see it as 2 crates = 1 inventory space. Haha
    Hmm... Maybe, but on the other hand it will pretty much half the number of crates in game which would likely increase their price at least for a short time. In the ling run, however, that does sound like a problem.
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    If the double-odds crates are opened with the same amount of plat as a single locked crate, then the better deal would definately be a double-odds locked crate. I'd rather spend 30-40k and use 15 plat to open a high-chance crate than spend 20-30k on 2 crates and use 30 plat.

The crate supply would be eaten up, driving prices back up and re-distributing the gold back into the middle class players. If these crates arent craftable, then there would pretty much be no use for the regular crates, and the middle class would remain stagnant while the upper class and heavy farmers would be happy.

I hope STS takes this suggestion into consideration
    Ahh i apologise, I wasnt taking plat into consideration. When you say it like that, it does seem like a great idea to have to craft more crates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    Hmm... Maybe, but on the other hand it will pretty much half the number of crates in game which would likely increase their price at least for a short time. In the ling run, however, that does sound like a problem.
    And when the prices increase, people will farm (and possibly hoard) and the prices will drop to lower than they are now
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

If this is to be done the craft should be 5 crates and an 8 hr cooldown. Odds on exceptional chest to loot a weapon will be much higher than 2x with the removal of junk mythic. Lets say the actual odds of looting a weapon from 1 exceptional crate were the same as opening 3 regular crates. The platinum cost to open 3 regular locked is 45 and the exceptional cost 15 plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Maybe if the new lockeds cost 30 plat to open <<< old locked problem will be solve ?

i think ppls will not open old lockeds, everyone will be open new lockeds and original locked stocks will be stack in our invertory.. in that case sts could giwe reason to ppls open original lockeds to...

original lockeds 15 plat

news 30 plat will be a reason ppls will open original lockeds to...
    Last edited by VenomsChaos; 06-11-2014 at 04:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

New crates? What a huge disappointment, STS. And what a waste of months and tons golds of trying to hoard locked crates. Your new-crate-idea is too sudden when you already left us with no info for months before and even delayed the expansion. This isn't fair for your customers at all, what kind of a guessing-game is this? Now we get to know our crates will be "useless".

Instead you could just keep the crates the way they are and make an old traditional Double chance for mythic event a couple of weeks later. Otherwise you should have informed your players/customers that you had ideas of making new crates way before.

Like many others I have invested in hundreds of crates and if you are going to screw over the original crates like that, then it is YOUR responsibility to come up with a better idea so your players won't feel like they have lost both time, money and golds. If not, I'll quit this game, which is sad, because I have been working hard for the stuff I have (+ getting to the CTF leaderboard) for 2 years now. I'm losing patience with the lack of info! Hope you will come up with a better solution!

Sendt fra min GT-I9505 med Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Laveen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laveen View Post
    New crates? What a huge disappointment, STS. And what a waste of months and tons golds of trying to hoard locked crates. Your new-crate-idea is too sudden when you already left us with no info for months before and even delayed the expansion. This isn't fair for your customers at all, what kind of a guessing-game is this? Now we get to know our crates will be "useless".

Instead you could just keep the crates the way they are and make an old traditional Double chance for mythic event a couple of weeks later. Otherwise you should have informed your players/customers that you had ideas of making new crates way before.

Like many others I have invested in hundreds of crates and if you are going to screw over the original crates like that, then it is YOUR responsibility to come up with a better idea so your players won't feel like they have lost both time, money and golds. If not, I'll quit this game, which is sad, because I have been working hard for the stuff I have (+ getting to the CTF leaderboard) for 2 years now. I'm losing patience with the lack of info! Hope you will come up with a better solution!

Sendt fra min GT-I9505 med Tapatalk
    well said i feel you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk