Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Lightbulb Help with LVL 20 Mage

Hey PL Forums!

Im new to forums and PVP so cut me a little slack if I do/say something wrong. But please do criticise me! It helps =D
    I wanted some help with a lvl 20 str mage. I have read the guides, and their comments and tried a few different builds but I'd still like some help.

Before you post comments about how tank mages are noob, or require no skill, let me say something: I KNOW!
    I agree it requires less or practically no skill and I have been called noob many times, but I simply dont care. Its fun.
    Even the long and tedious fights are interesting for me. SO please refrain from comments like this.

Now onto the matter at hand:

GEAR and STATS
    62 Str then rest Int

I currently own the L20 Bear 4-Piece Plat Pack, L20 Rhino 3-Piece Plat Pack, Alchemists L5, Purp Toy L20 and the Fine crystal ring of life L10 (3 m/s one)
    I am planning to buy a Purp Paw L20 as well

BUILD
    The build I am currently using is:
    6 Light
    6 Heal
    4 Buff
    1 Fire
    1 Frostbite
    1 Ice Storm

I like this build, but I get called noob all the time because I am a tank mage, with 6 heal and I kite.
    I am open to trial new builds so please tell me some good builds XD

COMBOS
    Since I tank mage, I try to play the mana game. Conserve mana and health till buff runs out and then use Hammer to destroy.
    I guess thats the crux of my style. I would really appreciate some advice on my combos, what I can change and what Im doing okay.

Rhinos - Using sword, I tank damage while keeping them away from me use fire/ices. I only use light sparingly to waste their mana. As soon as they run out, I pull out hammer and go ham on them.
    Birds - I use sword so I can tank their nukes and ice to make sure they dont kite. When buffed I generally hold back on heal i.e. when they root I dont heal out of it. I use frost light fire ice and heal after their nuke.
    Bears - Under 18, I just stay up close and just use sweet combo: ice fire light frost heal. If they talon, I generally use hammer, and kite a little when low. If forg then sword.
    Bears - 18 and above I have some troubles with. My strat is just tank and kite. I need help with this.
    Fox - Same as bear 18 and above. I try to kite as much as possible to avoid their dash and nuke. They have high dodge, and coupled with the tank mages low hit, it becomes hard.
    Mage (Dex/Int) - Using sword, I tank damage while conserving mana i.e. use your skills less. As soon as they run out, I pull out hammer and go ham on them.
    Mage (Str/Int) - These are long fights. Normally I aim to do the same, tank damage and let them waste their mana. But I get bored sometimes. Id like help with these as well.

SOOO this is what my tank mage is.
    This thread has turned into a half guide I guess, with builds and strats and whatnot. But I mainly tell these so that the lovely forumers can help me out with ease.

Thanks in advance to those that do reply and assist me. It is very much appreciated.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Procness For This Useful Post: