Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How Event Crates & Chests Work During the Ursoth's Assault Event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    I wanna ask something. Elite golden dragon chests will drop mythic weapons too?
    Why I miss this question? -__-

I hope it can drops mythic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

That was a long long read.. yes I read all 16 pages. Now my 2 cents.

I don't think a crash is a bad thing. The AL economy is garbage anyway, unless God forbid you're holding an inventory of mythic and arcane items. Oh no, we can't have that can we? All the other legendary items are out of steam anyway and they are crashing as we speak in anticipation of the coming event so whatever validity that argument had is now gone.

The energy system is terribly flawed. This in no way levels the playing field for non plat users, who are essentially forced to sit on the sidelines while the plat users have a huge head start. Of course plat buyers should have an advantage since they create revenue, but let's just call it like it is. It's the same dance just a different song.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rogueulator View Post

I don't think a crash is a bad thing.
    I'm actually doubting that a crash is imminent. I think Mythics will probably be a lot rarer than people think, even with the double chance on Elondrians.

The horribad energy system does two things well. Two things only.

1) It makes STS huge piles of short term cash from richest 1% of players.

2) It restricts the availability of drops.
    Last edited by Jenvy; 06-21-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    STS really screwed the non plat hoarders there. I personally spent over a month farming and buying elite golden dragonscale chests and now they tell us that they won't hold mythic weapons? I was pretty upset but meh! What can we do about it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

The result of the current event going to be worthless event gear. As a free player i'm happy with getting cheap gear and eggs. But the people spending platinum to get gear won't be happy especially when the event is 3 week.

This event can be made better

1. Drop shady and surge from normal locked
    2. Remove the single portal from town and make portal spawn after killing arlor bosses. Higher the boss higher the chance to spawn portal. This will increase lb competition and will be fun to hunt portal
    The event is 3 week long. people won't get bored if they hunt portals.
    3. fix portal glitch by adding timer for portal (portal closes after 60 sec). so people can't cheat.
    4. Reward top 10 lb winners with new mythic egg , rest with legendary egg ( nightshade maybe) and everyone with banner

The reward for free player is cool. No need to change that

From business view we know STG needs new revenue model since some of the platinum exclusive things are now free. But don't push people over their breaking points

Don't make it platinum legends
    Last edited by supersyan; 06-22-2014 at 02:20 AM.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to supersyan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How much Locked crate price would be?
    Displayed -
    Heroic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

So locked grand crate of Elondria(2x) plus mythic weekend(2x) = 4x??
    IGN:Nonplat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisaetoshawker View Post
    So locked grand crate of Elondria(2x) plus mythic weekend(2x) = 4x??
    No, I think it's just when you craft it makes x2 I think?
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    No, I think it's just when you craft it makes x2 I think?
    IF they make a Mythic Weekend during the same time of the event they might make it that Elondrian crates either have a x4 chance of dropping Mythics ( Unlikely )
    Crafting a E.C. ( 3 crates+essence ) makes on x2 crate which is cheaper.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SacredKnight For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    IF they make a Mythic Weekend during the same time of the event they might make it that Elondrian crates either have a x4 chance of dropping Mythics ( Unlikely )
    Crafting a E.C. ( 3 crates+essence ) makes on x2 crate which is cheaper.
    Yeah I know, it makes x2 odds but they never said they're having a x2 myth weekend also did they? I haven't heard anything
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Can't wait for the.event
    Jasonkumang
    -=KARMA=-

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Indinible For This Useful Post:

Jig

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #312
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Hi everyone!

It took a bit of time but I've read through this thread. There are a lot of concerns still regarding Energy, and there will be a post coming in the near future that should address that specifically. Here are a couple of notes I wanted to mention, and then answers to some of the more pressing and related questions based on this threads objectives.

- The Locked Grand Crate of Elondria recipe is permanent, one purchase recipe for your character, but only remains active during Ursoth's Assault. Without any more Elondrian Essence drops keeping the recipe available once the event is over, keeping the recipe around seems a bit unnecessary. You will be allowed to finish any crafting from remaining materials during the cooldown for Ursoth's Assault.

- Spawned portals in the world will spawn at a significantly lower rate. This is to avoid the obtrusive spawns in the middle of the map, and also seems less necessary now with the portals existing as a permanent portal from the main event hub.

- Spirit chests will not be tradeable/stashable. Much like the Tarlok event this is to prevent exploitation across the different level ranges. For example a player could have 8 characters on an account, farm and craft Elondrian Spirit Chests, and then send them all to his level 41 to open - diluting the market.

- The token cost of the Elondrian Crates recipe will be easily obtained by casual players within a few days. We realize it is not in anybody's best interest to gate players from being able to craft these items for some fixed large amount of time.

Here are the answers to a few questions I saw repeated throughout the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton
    Do the new Elondrian crates still have regular chances to drop Arcanes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikkadin
    Rem or Sam, will elondian locked crates have a chance to loot arcane eggs and arcane weapons/shards?
    Yes, they have regular chances to drop Arcane Eggs and weapons/shard. There will be no Hooks in these crates however just like the Locked Grand Crates currently, and there will NOT be mythic armors and helms in this crate. What does this mean? It means if you roll that mythic hit when opening a crate you have a better chance that it will be one of the new weapons, instead of the old level 26 helm. The jewelry mythics will still be in the mix for Locked grand Crates of Elondria.

Quote Originally Posted by ALlIsWell
    Crate of elondia is locked? awwww
    Again an event to enjoy for plat users.
    Mythics will also have a chance to drop from Elondrian Spirit Chests, which are free to open.

Quote Originally Posted by Brollysaiyan
    Can we join with 1 2 3 5 plat to boss like tarlok ?
    for example i will use 5 plat for join 4# boss
    Not during the Ursoth's Assault event, and this is because of the leaderboard implications. The random factor associated with tiers plays an important roll in the leaderboard scores players will be competing against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Gesaffelstein
    Will spirit chests also have an increased chance in dropping the 'better' armor/items, compared to entangled?
    Entangled Chests will drop 1 new armor set, among other rewards while the Elondrian Spirit Chests have a chance to drop the set from Entangled, as well as an additional higher grade armor set. In short, yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium
    If I haven't opened all my Elondrian Crates before the event is over, do i get to keep them, or will it turn back into three regular crates?
    Mythic weapons lvl 36 are going to be availabel during the Ursoth Event?
    Correct. Any Locked Grand Crates of Elondria crafted during the event will remain after the event. This means any available after the event will be the only crates left with the chance for the Mythic weapons. The same applies to the Entangled and Elondrian Spirit Chests. The Mythic weapons available during the event are all level 41.

Quote Originally Posted by OtAtOtomustam
    Since we get to keep Elondrian Crates after the event is over. If we hang onto our Elondrian Crates which have a 2x Mythic drop rate until the next 2x Mythic STS weekend special would these crates then have a 4x Mythic drop rate?
    No. These crates will always maintain their current drop chances regardless of any future double mythic odd weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali
    No. Only the new Locked Grand Crates of Elondria and Elondrian Spirit Chests will have a chance to drop the new mythic weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrindal
    Please remember that adding a new essence to the mix alters the drop rate for all essence. Yes Essence drop just as frequently but instead of a 1/3 chance at an individual essence the rate changes can be dramatic as they were in the Mothers day event where probability for an individual essence changed to 1/7. This had a dramatic effect on the gem prices. Assuming only one new essence the drop rate wont change as dramatically but will change to 1/4 which will have an effect on the entire crafting/gem market.
    A valid concern! In our current iteration, (as things are always subject to change during development) Elondrian Essences can NOT be purchased, they are farmed only. They are also on a separate drop table than the other essences, so the fact there are more essences now available to drop does not mean fewer drops of those essences or the new ones. The pool is not diluted, you can potentially receive a new Elondrian Essence and a Glacial Essence for example from the same mob, though you would be very very lucky!

Thank you for everyone's feedback and patience while we post all the details related to changes to the event system, as well as particulars about the Ursoth's Assault event. We're fairly confident you will appreciate the changes we have made across the board based on the Goblin Event feedback!

Regards,
    Carapace
    Last edited by Carapace; 06-23-2014 at 05:46 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

The question still remains...we only have 5 crafting slots yet we are supposed to be able to craft energy kits, locked crates, and regular gems. Just curious, along with several others, if we are going to be able to expand our crafting slots for the event? I suppose if not its just a matter of what takes priority in this case being that after energy is crafted, its bound to that character and cannot be sold/traded. Wish a Dev would address the crafting slot questions.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Medicman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hi everyone!

It took a bit of time but I've read through this thread. There are a lot of concerns still regarding Energy, and there will be a post coming in the near future that should address that specifically. Here are a couple of notes I wanted to mention, and then answers to some of the more pressing and related questions based on this threads objectives.

- The Locked Grand Crate of Elondria recipe is permanent, one purchase recipe for your character, but only remains active during Ursoth's Assault. Without any more Elondrian Essence drops keeping the recipe available once the event is over, keeping the recipe around seems a bit unnecessary. You will be allowed to finish any crafting from remaining materials during the cooldown for Ursoth's Assault.

- Spawned portals in the world will spawn at a significantly lower rate. This is to avoid the obtrusive spawns in the middle of the map, and also seems less necessary now with the portals existing as a permanent portal from the main event hub.

- Spirit chests will not be tradeable/stashable. Much like the Tarlok event this is to prevent exploitation across the different level ranges. For example a player could have 8 characters on an account, farm and craft Elondrian Spirit Chests, and then send them all to his level 41 to open - diluting the market.

- The token cost of the Elondrian Crates recipe will be easily obtained by casual players within a few days. We realize it is not in anybody's best interest to gate players from being able to craft these items for some fixed large amount of time.

Yes, they have regular chances to drop Arcane Eggs and weapons/shard. There will be no Hooks in these crates however just like the Locked Grand Crates currently, and there will NOT be mythic armors and helms in this crate. What does this mean? It means if you roll that mythic hit when opening a crate you have a better chance that it will be one of the new weapons, instead of the old level 26 helm. The jewelry mythics will still be in the mix for Locked grand Crates of Elondria.

Mythics will also have a chance to drop from Elondrian Spirit Chests, which are free to open.

Not during the Ursoth's Assault event, and this is because of the leaderboard implications. The random factor associated with tiers plays an important roll in the leaderboard scores players will be competing against each other.

Entangled Chests will drop 1 new armor set, among other rewards while the Elondrian Spirit Chests have a chance to drop the set from Entangled, as well as an additional higher grade armor set. In short, yes!

Correct. Any Locked Grand Crates of Elondria crafted during the event will remain after the event. This means any available after the event will be the only crates left with the chance for the Mythic weapons. The same applies to the Entangled and Elondrian Spirit Chests. The Mythic weapons available during the event are all level 41.

No. These crates will always maintain their current drop chances regardless of any future double mythic odd weekends.

No. Only the new Locked Grand Crates of Elondria and Elondrian Spirit Chests will have a chance to drop the new mythic weapons.

A valid concern! In our current iteration, (as things are always subject to change during development) Elondrian Essences can NOT be purchased, they are farmed only. They are also on a separate drop table than the other essences, so the fact there are more essences now available to drop does not mean fewer drops of those essences or the new ones. The pool is not diluted, you can potentially receive a new Elondrian Essence and a Glacial Essence for example from the same mob, though you would be very very lucky!

Thank you for everyone's feedback and patience while we post all the details related to changes to the event system, as well as particulars about the Ursoth's Assault event. We're fairly confident you will appreciate the changes we have made across the board based on the Goblin Event feedback!

Regards,
    Carapace
    why? that just ruins everything we hoped for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why not just add a special place in ch for sperit chests that only us capped members can access!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Will I be able to loot the mythic weapons on a toon which isn't 41?
    Also could you tell me how many points gold tier is?

Thanks in advance

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greandeath View Post
    why? that just ruins everything we hoped for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why not just add a special place in ch for sperit chests that only us capped members can access!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The event is good, why freaking out? Man, if u keep freaking out when the event start, u will see the different

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    Will I be able to loot the mythic weapons on a toon which isn't 41?
    Also could you tell me how many points gold tier is?

Thanks in advance
    Yes, if u looted Elondrian Spirit Chests or Locked grand crate of Elondria, u have the chance to loot new mythic weapons.
    Well, STS are busy thinking the points to achieve gold tier..

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Xeusx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusblade View Post
    The event is good, why freaking out? Man, if u keep freaking out when the event start, u will see the different

because of the chests. I'm glad the are implementing something from the tarlok event (which was amazing) but they should at the least make them stashable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by izubattousaiOlrek View Post
    I agree with your assessment of the new mythics as pve focused, and again the price inflation is a bit much but it makes sense, you jus said that you bought 8k plat and didnt get much of anything I would think that you would understand but I guess you never will. Below is how I breakdown plat purchase for crates and some other things I wanted to point out.

1 locked crate to open = 15 plat x 25 = 375plat
    I open no less than 25 to justify purchases with the gold in take from crates, on average I open between 100-400 crates which is low compared to wealthy players

300 locked crates to open = 4.5k plat
    At this point if I got nothin I wouldnt sell crates for income u would aready at 1.8mil gold or atleast 756k which is close to 60 percent of total crates opened time the 3 rolls you would each crates. Well anyway I would stop unless I found crates. And yea I would be upset

1. Loot lottery does suck but it serves its purpose, the same as item crafting. One allows you to occasionally get some rare and really good gear (mythics, arcane) and the allows players to do some pretty cool stuff over an extended period of time. With the end result of spending all your plat and buying more. Which for STS creates a repeat consumer without having to change customers. Its ingenious!

2. Again i never said that u don't buy plat

3. If too many ppl have the best gear because its easily available that will negatively effect AL replay value because players would get the best stuff too quickly, and STS will loose profit after they quit early from lack of challenge. Your worried about in game gold STS wants players to keep playing even to the point were like us, they wait for new content. If too many wait at once before STS can make a profit the game will slowly die..

4. Spend more on plat and hope you get lucky ( thats what I do) lol

5. This is an MMORPG by its design its time consuming

PS
    Here is a new conundrum:
    The game caps around lv75 do to the limit of currently available skills and that isnt far away. The rogue arcane weapon hasnt been revamped since lv26 and the warrior arcane weapon is nxt in line to become outdated by a mythic weapon (stats for new mythic donot completely outdate war and mage weapons!!!!!) My question is how will sts keep this going? Or is it ,by design, going to jus stop being updated after another 3.5yrs..

I maybe wrong about the warrior arcane weapon but I think you understand what im saying. This is a great game and I would hate to see it end like the rest. In limbo with no new content in sight.

Oh and no im not a developer but that would be awesome to help with this project
    Hey man, thanks for the lengthy reply. Appreciate that. Figured at my point of force opening crate, I must be the unluckiest player around. Anyway, I think I'm rather lost at your post on opening locked calculation. :-)

At the point of people quit due to lack of challenge, or is it too challenging!? that's a question you should be asking.

My idea of PVP is always more like the old arcade game Street fighters and KoF where they have training room, no lag, and more importantly same level of power balance and equips.
    More players quit each day due to the price inequality in the game and time-consuming gold "farming".

Lack of challenge is never an issue in AL. Try doing elites in legendary with legendary equipped players.
    It is the constant update and new content that keeps people coming back.
    In fact, I would make the claim that those players who gets their end of game weapon and gears almost never quits.

Lol, think this discussion is getting more an d more out of topic by now.

And thanks for the warning, I should be worried that AL will soon end up dead too with new title already being released and shouldn't keep too much dead plats with me.
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

[Q UOTE=Carapace;1697103]Hi everyone!

Regards,
    Carapace[/QUOTE]

Sounds good.

But why have the random portal spawns in map when you already have one in town? Confetti effects?

Will there be a new set of Ursoth legendaries from the event?

What will happen when I have spend my energy on the portal and while waiting to enter, I get disconnected by server.

Happened very often to me, right at the portal entrance, and right after I hit the use energy button. Haven't even set my foot in.
    -rethgifllub-