Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How Event Crates & Chests Work During the Ursoth's Assault Event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    I don't understand why people are ragequitting because of these events.
    These events are extra's, there added into normal content, normally we have a event or special "thing" at every globally celebrated holiday but these are just added in for us to have something to do.
    This is a game, it is supposed to be fun, if you don't enjoy fighting evil monsters and slaying them or shooting poison arrows as well as launching explosive fireballs then this game isn't for you.
    Plat users are plat users, they pay for the very best in the game and they deserve those items because they paid real life money for them, so everyone who is a FTP player should understand why they have a benefit. Also I might like to add, the energy system helps to moderate the flux of items coming into the market. Take the Architect Daggers for example ( I am not going to explain that but people who know get my point ). Just enjoy these events, earn a free vanity, slay some monsters and get some gold....there's no need to get angry just because your getting what you want.

P.S. ( Post Script ) If you are rage quitting can I have your stuff?
    ign. SacredKnight
    :3
    I tell you something... I decided during this goblin event, I won't use energy ball for open new map.. Explain how many tokens and points had I...

P.S: 67 token and 420 points...
    Tarlok event system became bigger succes than goblin or ushrot or whatever... (Every poor ppl problem: energy balls)

Robhawk

In brackets is the chance for looting a myth.

So 3 old locked (3) to 1 new locked (2)... So with the new system chances foor looting a myth has even DEcreased or with other words: It gets MORE EXPENSIVE!

So we have the energy system which needs huge amounts of plat and/or gold and the chances for looting good items also takes more gold then it does today?

Seeerriiousslyyyyy?

edit: I spend about 100 plat for the goblin event on 1 day and after that i knew there will be no day like that one ever again! Im ready to pay for your game but honestly your ship gets into really deep water more and more and every day with every new EXPENSIVE event more players gonna quit, so i will if you dont listen to your customers!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 06-16-2014 at 02:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

omg energy n energy again :O

plat buyer won again ...!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zliverpoolzz View Post
    omg energy n energy again :O

plat buyer won again ...!!!!!!
    Well obviously, I'm sure most players in top 10 leaderboards spend plat so yeah, plat buyers will win.

Maybe you should say plat buyers have too much of an advantage.
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Everybody needs to relax a bit here. STS knows that most players were unimpressed with the energy system as it was presented in the last event. Sam has mentioned that something is going to be done differently in regards to energy this event. Let's see what the announcement is before we all freak out.

As for the crates this may be interesting. The essences may put up a roadblock to crafting but only time will tell. I can't say I hate this idea. I get the feeling that this will be another good source of revenue for STS. It should counteract any potential losses they will experience from a revamped energy system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

im agree with u musci ...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zliverpoolzz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    Well obviously, I'm sure most players in top 10 leaderboards spend plat so yeah, plat buyers will win.

Maybe you should say plat buyers have too much of an advantage.
    right .. poor ppl problem : have no one plat .. lmao

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

I am not a fan of the evergy ball system and I knew that the goldies ver. platters complaints would be enormous so

I tested the platters results ver. goldies results on my toons (see bottom for toon listing)

2 toons i did not purchase tokens or energy balls
    1 toon i purchased evergy balls (rogue)

All three toons were able to get to gold tier, loot at least one gyrm egg, and purchase a talisman.

The toon purchasing energy balls only purchased enough so she could get the token pet and token talisman.

I had to manage my time well in order to achieve gold tier, gyrm, and talisman on the goldie toons (did not purchase tokens/evergy balls).

I set alarms to notify me when 8 hours had passed on each toon and would log in to take advantage of the three free energy balls. This was very easy, and only required organization of my real life and game life time.

The argument that platters have the option to get more loot to sell later and thus get richer does not hold as a legitimate complaint. The real (and imaginary) world is full of the have's and the have not's. I am a have not and sure would like to be a have. However, I choose not to gripe and complain that the have's have more than I do and it ain't fair cause I work too. As long as I focus on the positive things in my real life/game world I am a happy person.

I believe if people would have spent more time looking for ways to make the system work with their play style choices and less time complaining about energy balls ("sts catering to platters again and sts is money hungry"), the goblin event would have been more enjoyable for everyone.

I hope this helps at least one person. The mother in me always pushes through to the surface and mama likes to help.

If you are offended by this I truly apologize. Please forgive an old mom that wants everyone to be as happy as she.....

(age 48, mother of 2 adult children)
    Last edited by Sfubi; 06-16-2014 at 09:17 AM.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sfubi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

btw Wwhats the exact time of event launch in game ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I ran it for free every energy ball and never made it to gold tier. Didn't have enough tokens for free pet and never even saw payne.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandorix View Post
    Totaly agree...lots of ppls thinkin to leave game and im one of em too

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    are you kidding me? SL, PL, and DL havent had an event / update since the 27th of last month and you guys complain about an update that gives new items LOL i dont play AL much, but when DL one of my favorite games gets an update, im very happy because i know sts will be updating AL almost daily. So when you complain about an update remember this, the other games dont get updated daily like AL does. just my .002c

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandorix View Post
    I still think tarlok portal spawning sistem was best for plat and non plat users and for me its best ever since game is relesed.

Послато са GT-I9505 уз помоћ Тапатока
    If STS decides to make the energy lootable through the killing of bosses throughout Arlor then this is essentially the same thing. Instead of a portal you get an energy to enter a portal, but either way you're still essentially entering a portal by killing a boss.

This seems to be about the only change that needs to be made to compromise the energy system in the Goblin event with the portal system of the Tarlok event. In this scenario people who still want to buy energy via gold or plat so that they can focus their time on playing the event exclusively will still have that option whereas others who do not want to spend the gold or plat can continue to play the rest of Arlor in an attempt to loot energy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bornof1000Kings View Post
    If STS decides to make the energy lootable through the killing of bosses throughout Arlor then this is essentially the same thing. Instead of a portal you get an energy to enter a portal, but either way you're still essentially entering a portal by killing a boss.

This seems to be about the only change that needs to be made to compromise the energy system in the Goblin event with the portal system of the Tarlok event. In this scenario people who still want to buy energy via gold or plat so that they can focus their time on playing the event exclusively will still have that option whereas others who do not want to spend the gold or plat can continue to play the rest of Arlor in an attempt to loot energy.
    Even if energy is lootable from bosses its not the same thing. Think if you are in a party of 4 and you are a warrior. You loot one energy and everyone has zero. None of your other party can join you, so you need to wait until everyone in your party loots energy. Or need to find some other people to enter the portal with. You can enter with a PUG but again you have to abandon your party to do it. This isn't "play with your friends". its "Play with your friends so long as they have energy". Its better then nothing but we shouldn't say its the same thing when its not.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

To clarify are you saying that each toon was able to loot a gyrm egg? Or were you saying only with the rogue where you purchased energy were you able to loot at least one gyrm egg and purchase a talisman? If on the 2 other toons you looted gyrm eggs, then you are one lucky person as I doubt you had many encounters with Payne using only free energy.

Achieving gold tier with a toon yields little to no benefit if it is done close to the end of the event. A lot of people have documented this in their recounting of what happened trying to play the event without spending plat or in game gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfubi View Post
    2 toons i did not purchase tokens or energy balls
    1 toon i purchased evergy balls (rogue)

All three toons were able to get to gold tier, loot at least one gyrm egg, and purchase a talisman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord0520 View Post
    are you kidding me? SL, PL, and DL havent had an event / update since the 27th of last month and you guys complain about an update that gives new items LOL i dont play AL much, but when DL one of my favorite games gets an update, im very happy because i know sts will be updating AL almost daily. So when you complain about an update remember this, the other games dont get updated daily like AL does. just my .002c
    No event / update would have been better than that, what STS has shown us with their new energy-system!
    I would prefer to play a good game, that never changes (and maybe becomes boring) instead of to play a good game that turns more and more into pay-to-play.
    So have fun while LOLing about us AL-Players, but no one here is kidding you.
    Last edited by Handel; 06-16-2014 at 02:15 PM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Handel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

What are all you people complaining about!?

Sounds like a great idea! Let us just wait for STG to make AL a pay to play game....

No thanks. We told them, any energy based system is not a good idea. Did they listen?
    Trust me, STG is not hurting for money with how many games they are spitting out. They are milking the big spenders for every dime they got. These app games don't stick around for long, and the best way to profit is by getting someone invested in a game and milking them for everything they will spend before leaving.

I just wanted to thank you STG for the "How Much Plat Will Someone Spend to Win Test Event". I was saving my big plat purchases to open locked crates for new mythic weapons. After witnessing the latest pay to play event, I no longer want to purchase plat and will save a few $100. The latest installments of whale milking got me installing games I haven't played in years. Just wow! It's amazing to think how much I was going to spend on this game for something that is part of any normal mmropg.

Guess what?
    This game I am playing has rare weapons, fun crafting, massive open land, amazing pvp with actual player skill involved (did I mention you can loot items off people you kill!), quests, elite type group hunting, and much muuuch more content. Get this, this games so old you can even play on dial-up!

This game had fourteen years of continuous updated content monthly... That's right! Every Month. They just announced that they will be shutting down any further development and future content, but guess what? They are making it free to play! No...no, not what you are thinking STG. They are keeping servers running until players can create their own servers for everyone to join! Not only are they giving the tools and software to players, but they are going to help others get the servers started.

Oh my, I'm so sorry for going waaaay off topic. I just get excited talking about all the stuff I can do now without paying for it.
    In all seriousness, thanks STG for showing me the way. I almost believed that I was playing a real MMO and not a whale milking machine. You guys deffinately had me going for a little, some of us forgot that the whole point of a mmo game economy is to keep real world economy out so others can't play with an advantage. I once thought, games were supposed to entertain me for a reasonable fee so that everyone could enjoy the same experience. Hey, I get it... money talks. You got vacations to pay for, babies to feed, mistresses to splurge on. I sure wish apps like yours said, (free to play/pay to win soon to be p2p once we have you invested) so I could skip to the next game faster.

Thanks again,
    Best wishes

P.S.
    All you whales that are worried about your precious game economy and rare (paid for items) becoming worthless.... Do Not!
    As long as you are willing to pay to win they will keep milking.
    Last edited by NJaNear; 06-16-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Handel View Post
    No event / update would have been better than that, what STS has shown us with their new energy-system!
    I would prefer to play a good game, that never changes (and maybe becomes boring) instead of to play a good game that turns more and more into pay-to-play.
    So have fun while LOLing about us AL-Players, but no one here is kidding you.
    Your a joke, dark legends had an energy system for ALL dungeons at LAUNCH.. And we dealt with it for a few months before they changed it. Like I said above, before you complain and QQ about an update you don't like, just remember that other games aren't even being updated. And you are talking about pay to play.... There is no subscription to these games, therefore STS makes their money off of ingame currency which comes with FREE content, unlike in PL when you had to pay for single content. So all of their income comes from ingame transactions. I don't see why we need to complain about this, if anything, be thankful your playing an updated game. Smh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    10 is old info. Still tuning it. Also as a reminder, essences are not tradeable ( as they have always been ).
    Please remember that adding a new essence to the mix alters the drop rate for all essence. Yes Essence drop just as frequently but instead of a 1/3 chance at an individual essence the rate changes can be dramatic as they were in the Mothers day event where probability for an individual essence changed to 1/7. This had a dramatic effect on the gem prices. Assuming only one new essence the drop rate wont change as dramatically but will change to 1/4 which will have an effect on the entire crafting/gem market.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Kachinggg
    stranger danger
    AL: Lovingly
    PL: Pollasauce, Whatachamp L35

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Fyi the Elondorian Spirit chest has a chance to drop new mythics..for free.. meaning u dont have to buy plat to open them.. argue and theorize about the crates low loot percentage for the new mythic items all you want (because your gonna do it anyway) but STS is throwing us a bone here by not making us pay for that one loot roll, much like they have in the past with locked crates.

The bottom line
    1. Keep in mind ppl STS has to get paid to keep making this awesome game so ya they will find creative ways to do so. I dont know about you guys but i can only eat Ramen for so long ZING!
    2. So long as the new mythics drop in locked grand crates, or what ever 15 plat crates you creative lil folks come up with AFTER the event all will be right in Arlor. If not then well that jus sux
    3. Alter the energy system, waiting 8hrs "to play" in the event is a bit much and only having 3 active slots for event energy does slow down play time.
    4. STS DEV Team if tapping into the games "gold only user market" is your goal why not introduce new platinum packages or a new form of currency?

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to izubattousaiOlrek For This Useful Post: