Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How Event Crates & Chests Work During the Ursoth's Assault Event

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    The energy system is still there, yes. It will still cost 1 energy to enter portals.
    no smiley for us more like to energy. why?... please update on the plan for energy as soon as it is possible. This already makes me dread the next event.

Also are the event essences going to be made tradable?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

this is gonna be awesome
    Wanna Get Hunted??

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ishr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This will not only cost 15 plats per opening but a lot more. To hoard a lot of this new crate you need to use platinum for crafting timer, making this new crate super expensive, not only it will consume 3 crate but it will also consume another 15 plats for crafting timer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geraus View Post
    This will not only cost 15 plats per opening but a lot more. To hoard a lot of this new crate you need to use platinum for crafting timer, making this new crate super expensive, not only it will consume 3 crate but it will also consume another 15 plats for crafting timer.
    I don't know why you would need to do that. Why the rush? The even lasts for 3 weeks. Let's suppose it takes you one week to get the recipe. Then you have 2 weeks to craft. Remiem said the crafting time for the locked crate is 4 hours. You have 5 crafting slots. If you keep them busy, that means you can craft 90 regular crates per day into 30 event crates. That means in the 14 days remaining in the event, you could craft 1260 regular crates (if you have that many) into 420 event crates. And if that is not enough, use an alt to double that amount.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I don't know why you would need to do that. Why the rush? The even lasts for 3 weeks. Let's suppose it takes you one week to get the recipe. Then you have 2 weeks to craft. Remiem said the crafting time for the locked crate is 4 hours. You have 5 crafting slots. If you keep them busy, that means you can craft 90 regular crates per day into 30 event crates. That means in the 14 days remaining in the event, you could craft 1260 regular crates (if you have that many) into 420 event crates. And if that is not enough, use an alt to double that amount.
    You need 10 new Elondrian Essences to craft one new locked. These drop at the same rate at current essences. So going by your example you would need to loot 4200 Elondrian Essences. Check the announcement & chat box archive for this information. Also these essences will not be purchasable. So for the average person its not going to be possible to craft many crates. So your example isn't valid and wrong because it doesn't account for the time required every 4 hours you need to spend farming Elondrian Essences.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    You need 10 new Elondrian Essences to craft one new locked. These drop at the same rate at current essences. So going by your example you would need to loot 4200 Elondrian Essences. Check the announcement & chat box archive for this information. Also these essences will not be purchasable. So for the average person its not going to be possible to craft many crates. So your example isn't valid and wrong because it doesn't account for the time required every 4 hours you need to spend farming Elondrian Essences.
    So then it sounds like the limits of crafting the elondrian crates will be based on how many essences are out there. It sounds then like these crates will be pretty rare, and probably will be worth a nice amount of gold. I'm not sure why you would be complaining about that though? It sounds like STS is shifting away from locked crates with this move and trying to earn money based on the energy system instead.

Since everyone has spent the last year complaining about how the locked crate system is lousy, then I would think they would welcome such a change. It seems that nobody is going to be happy unless STS becomes a charity and provides the game for free with no major revenue areas.

All I can say is this new system sounds fun to me. I'm holding almost 200 locked crates, so I'm in the same boat as most of you. I don't see this event causing my crates to go down in value any. If anything, I see it as a chance to spend my time farming for essences, crafting my locked crates, and earning some nice amounts of gold for each one I craft and sell.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    10 is old info. Still tuning it. Also as a reminder, essences are not tradeable ( as they have always been ).
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    10 is old info. Still tuning it.
    Hehe working overtime today Sam? You were up since 4am! Don't work too hard! It's the weekend!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    10 is old info. Still tuning it. Also as a reminder, essences are not tradeable ( as they have always been ).
    Please remember that adding a new essence to the mix alters the drop rate for all essence. Yes Essence drop just as frequently but instead of a 1/3 chance at an individual essence the rate changes can be dramatic as they were in the Mothers day event where probability for an individual essence changed to 1/7. This had a dramatic effect on the gem prices. Assuming only one new essence the drop rate wont change as dramatically but will change to 1/4 which will have an effect on the entire crafting/gem market.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just hope that everyone can play freely without energy,i am really looking forward to this