Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How Event Crates & Chests Work During the Ursoth's Assault Event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    New: Locked Grand Crates of Elondria

Locked Grand Crates of Elondria are special locked crates that have a DOUBLE chance to drop the new mythic weapons. They drop rarely from the 4th event boss, Ursoth. That crate looks like this and costs 15 plat to open, just like a normal locked crate:
    Attachment 91917

You'll also be able to obtain a special crafting recipe (purchased with tokens) that will allow you to combine 3 regular Locked Grand Crates of the Watch plus Elondrian Essences to create one Locked Grand Crate of Elondria.

Locked Grand Crates of the Watch

Ursoth's Assault Mythic Weapons will not drop from regular Locked Grand Crates of the Watch. This had been suggested in past updates about the event, but after some iterative changes to the system, this will no longer be the case. Instead, they will only be used in the crafting recipe to turn your locked crates into Elondrian crates with double mythic odds. (Actually, it ends up being less expensive than just opening regular lockeds! What do you know? :))
    Come on lets be honest here. You expect a lot of people to finish the crafting with plat. Crafting 5 crafts every 4 hours even with double odds isn't going to be enough to loot a mythic. So now you are basically charging people to craft these locked and open them.

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Are you kidding me?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I think you guys need to discuss with one another before you announce things on the forums. It was stated here on the forums that the mythics will drop from regular locks. People made decisions to continue to farm or buy locks based on the announcements that were made by STG employees. Now, I understand you have the right to change your mind from time to time, but please bear in mind that when we are spending our $$$ on platinum, then things we buy and sell in game are basically items we have purchased with our own money (items, elixirs to farm locks, etc). When things are basically promised to us and then you change your minds based on what will give you the most revenue, you lose customers who have been loyal for years. I am really disappointed.

(I was going to delete this but I think I'll keep it up here. And I'll add to Falmear's point about it being more costly and just ask that you please not patronize us. Exclamation points don't make it A-Okay)
    Last edited by Pandamoni; 06-13-2014 at 04:56 PM.

6. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Ami, what will be the time for the energy to recharge? I know that in the goblin event we could only enter 3 times free in a 24 hour period without buying energy kits. I'm sure there is going to be a lot of disgruntled players if the energy system is going to remain the same and the possibility of losing quite a lot of players. Can you please enlighten us on the recharge time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    I think you guys need to discuss with one another before you announce things on the forums. It was stated here on the forums that the mythics will drop from regular locks. People made decisions to continue to farm or buy locks based on the announcements that were made by STG employees. Now, I understand you have the right to change your mind from time to time, but please bear in mind that when we are spending our $$$ on platinum, then things we buy and sell in game are basically items we have purchased with our own money (items, elixirs to farm locks, etc). When things are basically promised to us and then you change your minds based on what will give you the most revenue, you lose customers who have been loyal for years. I am really disappointed.

(I was going to delete this but I think I'll keep it up here. And I'll add to Falmear's point about it being more costly and just ask that you please not patronize us. Exclamation points don't make it A-Okay)
    Glad you didn't remove because a DEV did say that the old lockeds would be transformed into new event ones and have the new mythic items in them. After that clarification I did exactly what you said started back farming and buying. It's so frustrating. And with the energy system who knows how long it will take to get the tokens to buy the recipes and or if you will have enough essence to even craft a decent amount of lockeds before the event ends if you don't buy energy.
    Last edited by Raregem; 06-13-2014 at 05:11 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

So i need to buy a recipe and pay 75 token (= a lot energy points) for each character, i wanna craft the new lockeds with?

So i am limited on my craftslots and a 4 hour waiting time, to craft the new lockeds (except i pay plat to finish the crafting)?

So i have to mash 3 lockeds to get 1 new?

So i have to farm my *** off (and buying a lot energypoints from you) to get enough of this elondrian essences to craft new lockeds?

As a hoarder of 2,9k (actually worthless) lockeds and 6,1k platinum i guess its time now to take a loooooong break from your game. Good luck with your Pay-to-Play-Energysystem and the other decissions you made in the younger past, STS.
    Last edited by Handel; 06-13-2014 at 05:15 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Handel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Yes.

When the Ursoth's Assault Event starts, current Locked Crates you have will get a new grafic icon and description and be changed to have a chance at the new stuff. When the event ends they will change back to normal.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1671186

What was that again? Oh right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Yeah sounds it pretty bad, but I think that STS have something special for Non-Platinum Users, I'm pretty sure, maybe they will make the energy buyable with gold or reducer their price to 1 Platinum per kit.

That could be something very usefull because everyone with free offers can get cheap entrances to the zone, and I think it's a solution because no one wanna play anymore in s P2W Right STS?

ING: Valkiryas - Alassien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    *sigh*

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #30
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    My bad for misinformation. Design is an iterative process and things change. We do the best we can to make accurate statements, but we're all human. Again, my apologies.

We have a lot more details about Ursoth's Assault to reveal. We learned a lot from the Goblin Event and are putting those details into place. Stuff like:

* Making the Tier Rewards exciting
    * Making the Leaderboards more inclusive
    * Making other ways to obtain event energy

and more.

One other details about the Elondrian Essences, they are currently planned to drop like other essences in any zone.

For now, we'll leave you with these details about Chests and Crates and have more to talk about over the coming days and weeks.

Also, given the additional work we are putting into the Ursoth's Assault event, it will be coming out a bit later than we were originally planning. No dates to announce at this point, but we'll keep you updated on that front as well.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 06-13-2014 at 05:30 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Will the Entangled Chest and Spirit Chests be tradeable, sellable, stashable?

Will the new Elondria Crate contain arcanes, like the old crate?

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Will the Entangled Chest and Spirit Chests be tradeable, sellable, stashable?

Will the new Elondria Crate contain arcanes, like the old crate?
    Carapace mentioned they are tradeable. I'm going to say they will be sellable based on that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

You make goblin event as a test for this big event, i saw feedback thread about goblin event too..and most forumer give feedback about energy system that need to change. Some also want this energy system need to removed. Some want to reduced the time of energy slot to full. Some want to add more energy slot. Some want 1 energy kit to restore all energy slot. And many more other feedback/suggestion there.

So, what did you change for this event? Or our feedback about this energy system are useless?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to hozukreti For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

And when aproximately the ursoth event will launch

June, July or August ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Capolista View Post
    And when aproximately the ursoth event will launch

June, July or August ??
    'in 2 weeks'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

As a plat user, one thin i wanna know, how much plats do u nd to finish lock & chests craftin? Is it 24 plats to finish per craftin or less?
    (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
    ~D S E P H~
    Your Most Trusted Buyer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    'in 2 weeks'

Ah okay, 2 weeks for running kraken mines then ..

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Capolista For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    My bad for misinformation. Design is an iterative process and things change. We do the best we can to make accurate statements, but we're all human. Again, my apologies.

We have a lot more details about Ursoth's Assault to reveal. We learned a lot from the Goblin Event and are putting those details into place. Stuff like:

* Making the Tier Rewards exciting
    * Making the Leaderboards more inclusive
    * Making other ways to obtain event energy

and more.

One other details about the Elondrian Essences, they are currently planned to drop like other essences in any zone.

For now, we'll leave you with these details about Chests and Crates and have more to talk about over the coming days and weeks.

Also, given the additional work we are putting into the Ursoth's Assault event, it will be coming out a bit later than we were originally planning. No dates to announce at this point, but we'll keep you updated on that front as well.

I for one understand! We all makes mistakes. As long as you keep pushing forward and learn from your mistakes things can only get better. I do like the idea of getting better odds locked crates and I hope I can be lucky enough to see that orange mythic light up from one of the chests I open. Just one question. Will I have to keep purchasing recipe everytime I want to craft my old locks into new lock ed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

i have spent an awful lot of time farming crates in anticipation of any mythic event.
    i hope this event works well and i give the devs the benefit of the doubt regarding this shift in how crates will work.
    having said that, it sounds like a lot more work to make my crates viable, and therefore valuable, in this event. i hope this is not the case.

as a followup, when the event ends, will new mythics then be contained in plain old locked crates, like the ones i am holding now? (at normal rates ofc, no 2x chances)

as always, kudos to all devs for their patience and hard work making this game fun and accessible to all. thank you for all you do.

Do everything you have said you will do.
    Do not encroach on the rights or property of others.
    Treat everyone as you wish to be treated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

All this won't matter if energy regen times and access to portals doesn't change. Waiting more than 30 for energy to regen, not dropping from normal bosses or making it free to enter a TIME LIMITED portal will make the game unplayable. Also remember that a portal spawning at any mob was not received well by anyone.

I hope and pray you find the right balance guys for all our sakes.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue