Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How Event Crates & Chests Work During the Ursoth's Assault Event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Can you guys split those who enter the dungeon by each tier? I mean bronze one with bronze one,silver with silver and gold with gold.Its a pain when you enter the dungeon and you meat bronze tier boss because the only one who got gold tier is only you.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Archerios For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

first of all will the locked grand crate of elondria be tradable , and second of all the new mythics will be around 19-23m and that's when the prices are stable ..... so if you want to farm lets say ummm yeah 5 months of farming and that if you are very lucky

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Ok 3 regular locks to craft elondria lock plus 5 plat to finish craft
    3 locks =30k
    5 plat =10k
    So expect elondrian locks to be around 60k on cs can't wait

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jiph View Post
    Ok 3 regular locks to craft elondria lock plus 5 plat to finish craft
    3 locks =30k
    5 plat =10k
    So expect elondrian locks to be around 60k on cs can't wait
    i'd say 30-38k

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

I suggested few days ago the new crates should be a part of a crafting between 2 locks. But the recipe thing.... sounds like a bad and pointless idea .. especially if i need a recipe for every single craft ( i hope i didnt misunderstand ).

Lol... energy kits too.

- Tarlok was one of the best events ever made. Everybody keeps mentioning it. Why we can't have something FREE like that.

- 9 MONTHS+ with no re-release of mythic weapons. I should say more?

- We capped 3months ago and we are able to get new mythic weapons in 4 months?

- All weekly events are "something" which happend 1 month ago

Let's all hold our hands and HOPE!

Haray !

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

ok lemme see if i understand this correctly,
    Step 1 buy energy
    Step 2 enter portals
    Step 3 collect the first kind of chest
    Step 4 collect enough tokens to obtain recipe
    Step 5 combine the first kind of chests together to make a "special crate"
    Step 6 open the "special crate" and keep your fingers crossed

Alternatively
    Step 1 buy energy
    Step 2 collect special essences only found inside of portals
    Step 3 collect enough tokens to purchase a recipe for locked to "special locked"
    Step 4 combine 3 lockeds into 1 "special locked"
    Step 5 spend 15 plat opening said "special locked" and keep fingers crossed

This sounds way too confusing and way too intricate

Oh and btw whats the point in having double odds on the new locked crates, when everyone has to combine 3 regular locked to get 1 special locked with double odds.....im not great at math but thats actually less of a chance than the original locked. oh wait noone has any choice because regular locked drop 0 new mythics
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

i wonder how much these 2x lock chest will cost in the market ...

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Come on lets be honest here. You expect a lot of people to finish the crafting with plat. Crafting 5 crafts every 4 hours even with double odds isn't going to be enough to loot a mythic. So now you are basically charging people to craft these locked and open them.
    I think you slightly misunderstood.

What she means is that since it is double odds, it is almost like opening two locked crates. Two locked crates cost 30 platinum to open last time I checked, correct?

These costs 23 plat in total (8 for craft, 15 for open). Thus, you're actually saving 7 platinum in a sense.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

What an expensive game.

ain't got no how whatchamacallit (kurt cobain)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deadcobain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I have bad feelin' with this event .

Sent from my GT-B5330 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

So I read the post again and if I read correctly, I see that the recipe will be reward for bronze tier..does anyone remember how many points it took to reach this bronze tier or how many kits even?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

energy system out plz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

What she means is that since it is double odds, it is almost like opening two locked crates. Two locked crates cost 30 platinum to open last time I checked, correct?

These costs 23 plat in total (8 for craft, 15 for open). Thus, you're actually saving 7 platinum in a sense.
    You're forgetting the cost of essence. Any idea where these will come from?

Assuming they are like other essences and you can buy them. That's 10 plat per craft.

Assuming you CAN'T buy them for pay and have to farm them from the event map. Then you're talking the equivalent of 5 plat for energy pet run, pulling in how many essences you think? 2? 3 per map?

Will they come from normal maps?
    Last edited by Rare; 06-13-2014 at 07:42 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post

In the coming Ursoth's Assault Event, there will be new bosses, new items, new quests and a lot of new fun!

Part of that fun will come in the form of Chests and Crates. Here are the details:

Event Chests
    There are two different kinds of Event Chests that can drop during the event.

Attachment 91901
    Entangled Chests can drop from the first 3 bosses and contain things like armor, items, gold, and more, but do not have the chance to drop the new mythic weapons.

Attachment 91902
    Spirit Chests, however, are extra special chests that drop from Ursoth (the #4 event boss) and are awarded to players when they reach Silver Tier. Spirit Chests will have a chance to drop the new mythic weapons.

Spirit Chests can also be crafted with a recipe (obtained when you reach bronze tier) allowing you to combine 3 Entangled Chests with Elondrian essences to make one Spirit Chest.

All event chests are free to open.

New: Locked Grand Crates of Elondria

Locked Grand Crates of Elondria are special locked crates that have a DOUBLE chance to drop the new mythic weapons. They drop rarely from the 4th event boss, Ursoth. That crate looks like this and costs 15 plat to open, just like a normal locked crate:
    Attachment 91917

You'll also be able to obtain a special crafting recipe (purchased with tokens) that will allow you to combine 3 regular Locked Grand Crates of the Watch plus Elondrian Essences to create one Locked Grand Crate of Elondria.

Locked Grand Crates of the Watch

Ursoth's Assault Mythic Weapons will not drop from regular Locked Grand Crates of the Watch. This had been suggested in past updates about the event, but after some iterative changes to the system, this will no longer be the case. Instead, they will only be used in the crafting recipe to turn your locked crates into Elondrian crates with double mythic odds. (Actually, it ends up being less expensive than just opening regular lockeds! What do you know? )
    So Remiem, would it be safe to just go ahead and open my locks now if I don't plan on crafting?
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post

Assuming they are like other essences and you can buy them. That's 10 plat per craft.

Assuming you CAN'T buy them for pay and have to farm them from the event map. Then you're talking the equivalent of 5 plat for energy pet run, pulling in how many essences you think? 2? 3 per map?

samhayne said in this thread that the essences will come from normal zones.

ain't got no how whatchamacallit (kurt cobain)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

No I understood perfectly. It now costs you 23 plat to open one kind of locked vs 15 plat opening another kind of locked. Opening 2 old locked isn't double the chance. So this comparison doesn't hold any water. And if it costs more to open the current locked why don't they allow mythics to drop from both? When the chance is low to get a mythic, then double chance doesn't amount to that much more. And now it costs you 3 crates to craft 1 new crate so the cost is like this:

3 crates = 8k x 3 = 24k gold + 23 plat = 1 double chance
    1 crate = 8k + 15 plat = 1 normal chance

So it costs more gold and more plat. The difference is your chance of looting a mythic which is not anything more significant even with the hype of "double chance". By forcing people to buy off the timer, they are reducing the number of chances you have at looting a mythic.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post

I don't like the system anymore than you do, but I'm trying to look at how it will work out. I highly doubt that people would run the maps for the essences. They'll probably just end up being something to stack on the side while running for loots and/or leaderboard. As long as people approach it like that instead of actively running the maps for the sole purpose of earning Locked Crates of Elondria, it should be fine.

I'm not saying that initially the prices of a Locked Crate of Elondria will not be expensive. However, after a few days, once stock builds up..they should be relatively stable prices. So, what I would suggest is to stock up on energy and crates while they are still cheap. Heck, farm some if you can. The event has not been released yet. It gives you something to do and it also allows a person to enjoy the event without using excess amounts of platinum.

Additionally, we will also be farming these maps for Entangled Chests & Elondrian Spirit Chests. From what I understand, this will actually give tokens some value. Unlike before, we were spending tokens on items that did not disappear but just stocked up. So, as the event carried on, each day was more expensive to participate in than the previous. This should not be the case in the Ursoth event, hopefully. The items that we will be spending tokens on are items that are continuously disappearing from the market!

PS:
    Essences can be farmed from normal zones. So, how is this entirely bad? If one takes precautions and plays this out intelligently, it's actually a beneficial system. If you attempt to brute force it, of course it will cost you.
    Last edited by Zeus; 06-13-2014 at 08:04 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

So normal Locked Crate prices aren't going up on event?

"Earth provides enough to satisfy a man's need, but not every mans greed"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    No I understood perfectly. It now costs you 23 plat to open one kind of locked vs 15 plat opening another kind of locked. Opening 2 old locked isn't double the chance. So this comparison doesn't hold any water. And if it costs more to open the current locked why don't they allow mythics to drop from both? When the chance is low to get a mythic, then double chance doesn't amount to that much more. And now it costs you 3 crates to craft 1 new crate so the cost is like this:

3 crates = 8k x 3 = 24k gold + 23 plat = 1 double chance
    1 crate = 8k + 15 plat = 1 normal chance

So it costs more gold and more plat. The difference is your chance of looting a mythic which is not anything more significant even with the hype of "double chance". By forcing people to buy off the timer, they are reducing the number of chances you have at looting a mythic.
    Falmear,

Remember when the first double mythic weekend? Remember how badly it crashed the market in just two days? Thus, it is evident that double chance on locked crates does have an effect. You can say it does not but history has shown us that it has. This system takes care of market crashing by allowing double odds for those who do not like to gamble but the cost is slower crate openings. Considering that this event is three weeks long and there is double odds, this was an intelligent move.

As for double the chance, you're right. Opening two locked crates is not double the chance in terms of arithmetic. It is two individual independent chances to loot arcane or mythic items. I knew this, but you can think of it how Remiem suggested to ease your mind. However, if that does not appeal, then you're welcome to farm Elondrian Spirit chests, no?

Also, read post #57.
    Last edited by Zeus; 06-13-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post

In the coming Ursoth's Assault Event, there will be new bosses, new items, new quests and a lot of new fun!

Part of that fun will come in the form of Chests and Crates. Here are the details:

Event Chests
    There are two different kinds of Event Chests that can drop during the event.

Attachment 91901
    Entangled Chests can drop from the first 3 bosses and contain things like armor, items, gold, and more, but do not have the chance to drop the new mythic weapons.

Attachment 91902
    Spirit Chests, however, are extra special chests that drop from Ursoth (the #4 event boss) and are awarded to players when they reach Silver Tier. Spirit Chests will have a chance to drop the new mythic weapons.

Spirit Chests can also be crafted with a recipe (obtained when you reach bronze tier) allowing you to combine 3 Entangled Chests with Elondrian essences to make one Spirit Chest.

All event chests are free to open.

New: Locked Grand Crates of Elondria

Locked Grand Crates of Elondria are special locked crates that have a DOUBLE chance to drop the new mythic weapons. They drop rarely from the 4th event boss, Ursoth. That crate looks like this and costs 15 plat to open, just like a normal locked crate:
    Attachment 91917

You'll also be able to obtain a special crafting recipe (purchased with tokens) that will allow you to combine 3 regular Locked Grand Crates of the Watch plus Elondrian Essences to create one Locked Grand Crate of Elondria.

Locked Grand Crates of the Watch

Ursoth's Assault Mythic Weapons will not drop from regular Locked Grand Crates of the Watch. This had been suggested in past updates about the event, but after some iterative changes to the system, this will no longer be the case. Instead, they will only be used in the crafting recipe to turn your locked crates into Elondrian crates with double mythic odds. (Actually, it ends up being less expensive than just opening regular lockeds! What do you know? )
    It is fantastic to see nonplat players getting so much new content. I am actually surprised at how large of a bone you have given us. An event chest that is draftable and drops mythic weapons? Wow! I really didn't see that coming.

Although, I am questioning a few things. But, I doubt they will be answered without us just waiting to see.

1)Are the new changes to the game temporary and/or in place just to test the waters? Or, are the kits, crafting opertunities, and systems that encourage time investment here to stay and be expanded upon?

2) Won't this system destroy the prices of mythic weapons?

3) (somewhat related to #2) Will the portal spawn rate be dropped, or the maximum number of portals be controlled some how?