Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Shady & Surge -- How they SHOULD be rewarded....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    I like the idea but major flaw i see is with the energy system. If you had to enter a portal that many times a day it would definitely require plat and again only plat spenders will be top. I agree on the fact that these 2 should be earned threw work but not threw work that will require plat one way or another
    They make too much money on these events through the energy system. Plus they spent months building a game client which has the events system built into it, and it is all based on the energy system. They are not going to change that. Any proposal idea has to work within that system.

I expect in the coming event that energy balls will drop from non-event bosses. So essentially this will work the same way as the Tarlok event, except you will be farming energy balls instead of portals. The portal will be in the event town and accessible whenever you need it.

During Tarlok we all farmed bosses hoping for portals. So now you will be farming bosses hoping for energy balls. So it works the same way. Only the terminology has changed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    During Tarlok we all farmed bosses hoping for portals. So now you will be farming bosses hoping for energy balls. So it works the same way. Only the terminology has changed.
    Not really, on the face it seems the same but its not. Drops from bosses (like teeth for example) are individual. So if you loot an energy ball and everyone doesn't then only you can enter the portal. Which basically means you need to ditch your party for find another party to help you farm if you are not capable of doing it solo. Or you have to keep farming until everyone in your party has energy which will be frustrating to wait for all 4 people to loot energy. So I don't really understand how you can say "Only the terminology has changed." when this isn't even close to being the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Not really, on the face it seems the same but its not. Drops from bosses (like teeth for example) are individual. So if you loot an energy ball and everyone doesn't then only you can enter the portal. Which basically means you need to ditch your party for find another party to help you farm if you are not capable of doing it solo. Or you have to keep farming until everyone in your party has energy which will be frustrating to wait for all 4 people to loot energy. So I don't really understand how you can say "Only the terminology has changed." when this isn't even close to being the case.
    If they implement the change where you are automatically grouped with players at the same tier as you, then I think this is a non issue. It won't matter if you run with PUGs instead of a party. Everybody has been running PUGs for dragkin teeth for months, and it is really fun and nobody complains about doing it. You'll be able to do the same for energy balls, and then you'll be able to do the same when you enter the event portal.