Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Frame Per Second lag in Clash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Frame Per Second lag in Clash

I use galaxy s3 and the game runs fine until 5v5...it will run pretty well for about 3 minutes until the FPS drops to maybe 5fps... once i die it instantly refreshes and no longer lags.

Idk how graphics work or ram caching works, and i know its not latency. Is this something i can fix or is this normal??

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Spacetime Studios Dev null_void's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Strange. Is anyone else using a galaxy s3 (or any other device, for that matter) having the same issue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

This only happens in big battles that last a long time...the game performance grinds to a halt until we die.. this happens to everyone. We all take turns dying or rejoining the game. Very common.

Idk if theres supposee to be some kind of ram dump or something to prevent this.. i think most people dont know the difference between fps and latency so they just think its server lag. Please help this is important for guild wars!
    Last edited by Stupified; 06-13-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

In large pulls on elite maps or when many join and clash in a TDM/CTF there is this certain graphic lag you speak of. Happens across all the mobile devices I've played AL with.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Well, In new client it Runs smoother than ever in my android but when I lag (more mobs) my Fps is toooo low than old one too much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

In guild wars, lag is awful. As they said, first few minutes is ok, then u see urself moving inch by inch. Ruins game, ruins guild wars :/ happening to all players recently in pvp arenas. Pls fix this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by null_void
    Strange. Is anyone else using a galaxy s3 (or any other device, for that matter) having the same issue?
    I don't PvP/CTF
    but I use a Samsung GS3, when running tombs on maximum frame rate (I'm charging phone, so not worrying about battery) the frame rate is good and everything is smooth, until my party (Watcher Tomb 4 Lvls: 35-40) the frame rate drops to how it feels on lowest frame rate.

I think (and this is a theory) that the graphics card (or processor) is low powered and can't process and display so many changes on the screen so quickly
    Example: at Kraag city, everything runs smoothly, then i join a party and play WT4, frame rate drops very noticeably.

So maybe its just our devices' processors (or graphics cards) that cant keep track of every dot on the screen and therefore has to slow down the frame rate to keep up with the game.

(Will try AL on iPad2 tomorrow to see if it happens on iOS as well)

btw, off topic, but am I the only person who's GS3 feels like its 100ºF after playing Any game for 15-30 minutes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I notice it happen on almost any android device, apart from the current generation flagships. However, on iOS, these lags are something that I do not see.

Then again, on my iOS devices, I have removed the underclock patch & iOS devices are known to have way better GPUs compared to their android flagship competitors.

If it helps, I do not face this lag on my computer at all. So, if it is software related, it's most likely something with the mobile client taking more resources than it should. However, this confuses me because on my iOS devices, the game runs fine (4S and iPad 4).
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I have a galaxy s3 and its not the graphics card.. like i said it will run smoothly in a 5v5 clash for about 3 minutes until the framerate grinds to a halt. Its something to do with virtual memory or ram usage maxes out...idk...i wont pretend to know what im talking about. Hopefully itll be fixed. It resets when you die.

Furthermore I can be nowhere near the clash...dueling someone while everyone else is 4v4 on the other side of the map and ill experience the same framerate lag... This cannot be a graphics issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I notice it happen on almost any android device, apart from the current generation flagships. However, on iOS, these lags are something that I do not see.

Then again, on my iOS devices, I have removed the underclock patch & iOS devices are known to have way better GPUs compared to their android flagship competitors.

If it helps, I do not face this lag on my computer at all. So, if it is software related, it's most likely something with the mobile client taking more resources than it should. However, this confuses me because on my iOS devices, the game runs fine (4S and iPad 4).
    Hello sir. Im using an iPhone 5 but i face this issues too. Idk whats wrong. My wifi works fine. But when it comes to crowded fights at pvp or elite maps, i was like freezing. I also had my iPhone 5 updated become ios 7. As an ios user, do you have any tips to solve this thing? I almost giving up for this cuz everytime i wanna help my friends at war, i was like make things even harder

Any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stupified View Post
    I have a galaxy s3 and its not the graphics card.. like i said it will run smoothly in a 5v5 clash for about 3 minutes until the framerate grinds to a halt. Its something to do with virtual memory or ram usage maxes out...idk...i wont pretend to know what im talking about. Hopefully itll be fixed. It resets when you die.

Furthermore I can be nowhere near the clash...dueling someone while everyone else is 4v4 on the other side of the map and ill experience the same framerate lag... This cannot be a graphics issue.
    When it grinds to a halt, have you checked the amount of RAM available at that very moment? I clash often and it's really only my android devices that show the problem you're describing.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

havent looked and dont know...but im pretty picky about performance so i try to optimize my settings and clear ram frequently before pvping bc i duel a lot and dont want my phone causing any problems at all.. if it is the ram then i dont think its my phone. The fact is ifmy phone can handle the clash for a few minutes then theres no memory dump ..idk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

I can run GTA sa smoother

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Happens on note 3 as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by null_void View Post
    I use Samsung galaxy tab, and i experience the same issue. This usually happens when there are lots of people/mobs gather in 1 place. I have tried lots of tweaking on my device and even tried factory reset, format etc. Still i have delay. What i used to do is restart AL. But now the Fps gets delayed so quick, places where fps delay is high is elite maps, pvp(normal maps doesn't have this issue)/. Also if u are using a rogue,when fps is slow it is really hard to take those healing packs , its like u are circling around it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

[QUOTE=
    Furthermore I can be nowhere near the clash...dueling someone while everyone else is 4v4 on the other side of the map and ill experience the same framerate lag... This cannot be a graphics issue.[/QUOTE]
    yes. i also happens on my note2 with 75% ram left. also with ipad2
    From mortal hope springs immortal power
    toons: goebejake rogue, saltspear mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

In guildwars, when I get a ping spike and then the ping gets back to normal, my character stops moving completely sometimes until I get a death and respawn. Can this be fixed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stupified View Post
    I use galaxy s3 and the game runs fine until 5v5...it will run pretty well for about 3 minutes until the FPS drops to maybe 5fps... once i die it instantly refreshes and no longer lags.

Idk how graphics work or ram caching works, and i know its not latency. Is this something i can fix or is this normal??
    yes bro i having the same problem as well.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

im having this problem as well, when your having 5 on 5 clashes for about 2-3 minutes it runs smoothly but as time passes it lags so much but my ping is still good though.the only way to get rid off the lag is to get out of pvp room which is quite annoying when your having fun doing clashes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

and also im using samsung galaxy 3.