Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What kind of Gems will Elondrian Essences make?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Default What kind of Gems will Elondrian Essences make?

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post

Spirit Chests can also be crafted with a recipe (obtained when you reach bronze tier) allowing you to combine 3 Entangled Chests with Elondrian essences to make one Spirit Chest.

As part of the announcement regarding event chests and crates for the next event, it was mentioned that there will be Elondrian Essences involved. We currently have essences that benefit the stats of Strength, Dexterity and Intelligence currently, so here are some things to think about.

What kind of bonus effect will Elondrian Essences provide?
    What kind of Gems will be craftable with them?
    Will there be special recipes involving these new essences?
    Are they limited time or will they be ongoing after the event?

Speculation?
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Maybe gems that give a proc of some sort??
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Perhaps they're essences only to be used for the crafting of elondrian locked crates?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Perhaps they're essences only to be used for the crafting of elondrian locked crates?
    Serancha is closer to the mark. There are plans for something else to be made with them.

Just FYI Ralchior, while gems that add a proc or other such effect would be cool, currently socketed gems are not unique. The problem with procs is that they wouldn't stack, and not being unique, it would be possible for a user to load up their sword with multiple proc gems thinking that they are getting something out of doing so, but they wouldn't really. So, no plans for proc gems until we can set aside some time to sort that issue out.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Serancha is closer to the mark. There are plans for something else to be made with them.
    Wow, thank you Sam! Nice heads up as I was about to buy a huge stock of Tarlok gems!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Wow, thank you Sam! Nice heads up as I was about to buy a huge stock of Tarlok gems!
    Sold mine for energy kits xD

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Just FYI Ralchior, while gems that add a proc or other such effect would be cool, currently socketed gems are not unique. The problem with procs is that they wouldn't stack, and not being unique, it would be possible for a user to load up their sword with multiple proc gems thinking that they are getting something out of doing so, but they wouldn't really. So, no plans for proc gems until we can set aside some time to sort that issue out.
    Please keep it that way!

While lighting up like a christmas tree is neat and all, it really does make things luck based, from timed runs to PvP. I think the amount of procs on gear that we have right now is great. Currently, we have weapon procs, amulet procs, and ring procs. That's awesome! Imagine if every single gear equipment we had would proc...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

The only type of gem I would like to see is a perhaps one that decreases an attribute to stregthen another.

Perhaps: +4 <base stat> -2 <secondary stat>, +8 <base stat> -4 <secondary stat>

The problem I see is that people like me would running around with a negative Dex stat. Still, some system of sacrifice one stat for another would be interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Please keep it that way!

While lighting up like a christmas tree is neat and all, it really does make things luck based, from timed runs to PvP. I think the amount of procs on gear that we have right now is great. Currently, we have weapon procs, amulet procs, and ring procs. That's awesome! Imagine if every single gear equipment we had would proc...
    Name:  custom image.jpg
Views: 1537
Size:  39.4 KB

Who needs an imagination when we can google a picture of "laser Christmas tree" and make a custom meme?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Name:  custom image.jpg
Views: 1537
Size:  39.4 KB

Who needs an imagination when we can google a picture of "laser Christmas tree" and make a custom meme?
    LOL, this is funny to think about but terrible in terms of game mechanics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

LOL, this is funny to think about but terrible in terms of game mechanics.
    Agreed. In all seriousness, we can't have procs going every five seconds. I think it was a huge mistake to add procs to the wild talismans. They should of had buffed damage to be near or above the level 30 mythic competitors and no proc. +25 of any stat is a huge game changer and makes a structured rotation impossible with the shirt bursts of action the current PvP system sees.

In my opinion, stop putting procs on gear besides weapon. The only exception is arcane items which should receive a weak proc that is more astetic than revolutionary. A +10 of all stats and makes you glow purple or something. With weapons having upwards of 3 procs we don't need the strobe light rings and amulets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

So, given this thread is actually legit (giggity), it could be fun to speculate on possibilities.

Given the major focus on armor this season, the possibility of armor related craftables is not unthinkable. (as in affecting the armor stat, not crafting pieces of armor) Since gems were introduced I have been curious if that would be done, but I had read a discussion thread where a dev explained the armor algorythm when passives were first introduced, and it stated that (as things were at that time) adding more than the possible 5% armor passive could unbalance things.

Very curious to see where StS will take crafting next, and with new essences come endless new possibilities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Since we're talking armor, I'd be happy with anything that finally outclasses the current mythics in terms of damage-HP-armor. This three-season joke has to stop eventually; two out of three classes had no interest to work for the current batch of elite pinks armors.

Alternatively, a great idea would be to be able to craft special elixir kits. With a good amount and combination of essence, it'd get every single player farming the event for them.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Hmm let me think aloud...
    The S&S arcane pet, as well as lots of new gear, seems to include mana & health regen...
    There could be 2 types of Elondrian essence, say Light and Dark. 10 Light -> 1 Life gem, +1..+4 (based on level) health regen, double on super. 10 Dark essence -> 1 Soul gem, mana regen.
    Or there could be just one Elondrian essence, 5 Elon+5 Blood=1 Life gem, 5 Elon+5 Fire=1 Force gem (+0.5 health +0.5 mana) etc.
    But this would probably require fractional regeneration rate... I don't know if the system can handle it.
    If regular gem lv1 had +1/+1, super would have to be +2/+2, times ~10 for legendary gear =20 health/20 mana per tick... pillow fight taken to the next level.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    652 Posts

Yay to new gems! Tarlok gem proves have really become out of reach for many players! Please don't have gems that have healing and mana Regen attributes Regen is so useless in elites. I wouldn't mind luck gems though. I would gladly sacrifice all my stats for luck xD
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Based on Sam's statement about regen stacking being a concern, I don't think adding that to gems would be done. That's a bit of a complicated mechanic too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Although my statement is most likely off I wouldn't mind if essences could be used to enchant weapons or armor with a little proc/boost like a dot on a weapon, movement speed on a piece of armor, or a primary stat boost. Things like armor and movement speed are better I think but this could allow for more versatility in gear/pet selection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Whatever the gems do let's hope STS is fully transparent in their implementation (i.e. where they work and dont, and if the effects actually stack or not). Let's also hope whatever calculations are correctly shown on the avatar screen.
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post
    Whatever the gems do let's hope STS is fully transparent in their implementation (i.e. where they work and dont, and if the effects actually stack or not). Let's also hope whatever calculations are correctly shown on the avatar screen.
    Agreed I still think a DMG % elixer should stack on top of your pet %....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

From the looks of the market, people have been panic selling their Tarlok gems.

I think many will regret this action. Tarlok gems add to your primary and secondary stat. In other words, the chances of any new sort of gem coming along that is better than a Tarlok gem is pretty low.

Keep in mind that Rem and Sam haven't said anything about new gems either. Rem only said there will be a new type of essences, and Sam only said they can be used to make something other than only being used to spirit chests.
    Neither said anything about gems.
    Remember, the Mother's Day event was nothing different from this--those flowers were basically new essences, and you used them to craft a vanity helm.

Keep in mind, sts was really excited about releasing a crafting system. So far...we've pretty much only gotten gems from it, upgrading chests (during Tarlok), and a flower vanity. I believe sts wants to actual utilize it for something cool this time around.

I highly doubt these essences will be used to make new gems (and the odds of these being better than Tarlok are low--if new gems exist, they'll be +life, mana, defense, regen).
    Would be neat if they were used to craft the Goblin Event weapons into something a little better.

Anyway...to those panic selling their Tarlok gems: don't say I didn't warn you.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.