Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hung's Art of the 16 Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Default Hung's Art of the 16 Rhino

Helping bring 16 Rhino back into a more common role at 15-17 PvP is something that I've enjoyed for the last few months. However, the newer 16 rhinos usually tend to last around 1 week, due to the fact that they do not realize the simple strategies that have been perfected by only few rhinos. Many people have told me or other 16 rhinos that it is overpowered, but when they go to make the characters, they have the mentality of a 20 rhino: charge immediately off the bat. This leads to huge failure and ultimately, quitting the class altogether. This is rather unfortunate to me, as if they had known the incredibly simple strategies, they would be much better off.

To correctly execute a 16 rhino, please pay attention to the following:

Build

The 16 rhino's skill build is probably the most vague and simple of all builds. Simply have 6 vital force, and at least 1 heal. However, the build that I generally use against bears is 5 heal, 6 vital force, 1 charge, and 3 redemption. 3 heal, 6 vital force, 1 charge, and 5 redemption is also a good choice.

Stat point wise, put 22 points into INT, and then the rest into dex. These 22 int points will be for your "Alch Loadout" which will be explained pretty soon.

Gear

The level 16 Rhino best utilizes the "Forgotten Bow", one of, if not THE most powerful 10m weapon at 15-17.
    "ArtiRhino" - This load out is for what I generally begin fights with.
    Level 15 Artisan Reinforced Leather
    Level 15 Halloween Bone Helm, dex/int are both equal.
    Level 10 Champions Fine Platinum Band
    Level 14-16 Forgotten Bow

"AlchPally" - Once I hit 1/4 mana, I will heal, then immediately try to switch to this loadout while conserving mana. May not work as well against mages, though, unless they switch to a regen based set as well.

Level 5 Alchemist's Cloth
    Level 15 Halloween Bone Helm, Int for the armor
    Level 10 Fine Golden Band of Life, for M/S as well as armor.
    Level 14-16 Forgotten Bow

However, at times, you may want to use a "paw" for better armor, which includes the "Monkey Paw" items and the "evidence bracer" items. Use the same load outs, but simply remove forgotten bow and add a paw & evidence bracer to the picture.

The Strategy

The lone "difficulty" in Rhino 16 PvP, is fighting bears! However, victory can be achieved. Simply move backwards while auto attack is on, and time heal properly. Usually, one should heal immediately after the stomp, and then immediately charge + redemption for the combo. However, some bears like to wait on their stomp, at which point you will probably need to heal at 2/3 HP and charge + redemption. If they stomp you away, you will probably be rooted by crippling slash, so take the time to charge, which will knock them back and give you separation from their slashes.

Against mages, it is pretty straightforward: auto them, heal off ice, and wait for their heal. Once they heal, charge + redemption for a combo. Try to keep yourself from becoming ice locked, and once you have no buff, do not use any skills except for heal, unless you feel like the mage is very low and could be eliminated if you kept the pressure on. It's not difficult to execute, but sometimes it gets difficult to win against a mage. Manage your mana and HP wisely, and remember to swap to alch at 1/4 Mana!

Against other rhinos, you want to wait for their charge. Then heal, and attempt to combo. Never charge immediately after they charge, as that will result in a guaranteed combo.

If you require any further assistance, shoot me a PM or friend request on "bastardhungry" or "pardner"!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DivineMoustache For This Useful Post:

Where Birds don't Fly PL PvP Skill: A furious Genghis Khan PL Motto: Learn from all Mistakes ☺
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Nice guide. I'll be making a Rhino when I get the extra funds to buy a pink 16-17 Fbow, I'll be joining ya soon.

In a box using the outlet on the side of your house
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Some of these tips are not correct. Mages are very squishy when it comes to fbow pally. You can charge off the back, when iced simply wait for the ice duration to wore off and combo for instant nuke.Also same for birds just wait for repulse and root then combo. And your stats 1 heal is over used I myself is unique as you can see. It's rekts btw no criticism here overall a good guide. Btw why all of a sudden make 16 rhino thread...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fqo View Post
    Some of these tips are not correct. Mages are very squishy when it comes to fbow pally. You can charge off the back, when iced simply wait for the ice duration to wore off and combo for instant nuke.Also same for birds just wait for repulse and root then combo. And your stats 1 heal is over used I myself is unique as you can see. It's rekts btw no criticism here overall a good guide. Btw why all of a sudden make 16 rhino thread...
    Thank you for the constructive criticism. However, I feel that most mages at 15 (which utilize two ices) easily ice lock an opponent rhino. Also, I did not say to use 1 heal. The build was a generalization of how unique the rhino builds can be, ranging from only 1 heal, to 6 heal.

As I also said, birds are pretty straightforward, ^see the above post. Nvm, I didn't say that. That came from my bigger post. Got mixed up

And I made this guide to complement the remake of my larger overall 12-21 guide that I've been working on the last few months. Just decided to take some information from the larger and get a little more in depth. See you around!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DivineMoustache For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Well if anyone needs tips also pm me on npa or rekts.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DivineMoustache For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I might quit bear and be bes rhino

Where Birds don't Fly PL PvP Skill: A furious Genghis Khan PL Motto: Learn from all Mistakes ☺
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fqo View Post
    I might quit bear and be bes rhino
    Yeah, you have no hopes of being the best on Bear, Rhino is a better choice for you.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

I don't see where 3 Redemption helps much, I think it adds like 6 more damage? An alternative build (which I had used) was:

6 Vital Force
    3 Guardian
    1 Charge
    1 Redemption
    4 Heal

I don't think more than 1 Redemption helps much. The 10 armor from Guardian really helps, plus Guardian can be used to get out of stuns, roots, ice, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    I don't see where 3 Redemption helps much, I think it adds like 6 more damage? An alternative build (which I had used) was:

6 Vital Force
    3 Guardian
    1 Charge
    1 Redemption
    4 Heal

I don't think more than 1 Redemption helps much. The 10 armor from Guardian really helps, plus Guardian can be used to get out of stuns, roots, ice, etc.

That's what I thought as well, however, when I did some testing against a pretty known old mage a few months back (Tophatnuke), the 5 redemption build worked much better than lower redemption builds. In fact, I had this same argument with him.

Not sure why it works better though...more comboing? higher juiced? more drain? for me atm, it's intangible, I know that's not a very statistical reason, but i've put the plat into these builds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Why not rhino might? Dmg + debuff + extra skill for more dmg

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    That's what I thought as well, however, when I did some testing against a pretty known old mage a few months back (Tophatnuke), the 5 redemption build worked much better than lower redemption builds. In fact, I had this same argument with him.

Not sure why it works better though...more comboing? higher juiced? more drain? for me atm, it's intangible, I know that's not a very statistical reason, but i've put the plat into these builds.

Los Angeles, Korea. umm wait that seems a little off
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fear View Post
    Why not rhino might? Dmg + debuff + extra skill for more dmg
    No 2x damage like the charge-red combo gives

FONDLING, CARESSED, GROPED, BUSTING, JIGGLING, CRUELAID

BOO!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post

6 Vital Force
    3 Guardian
    1 Charge
    1 Redemption
    4 Heal

This is bes build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    This is bes build
    Guard does not help with 16 rhino, due to the fact that the execution for rhino vs bear/mage is long term, while the buff lasts 5 seconds. In my strategy that I highlighted above, the goal is to kite using auto, which should take 5 secs in itself. 10 armor contributes a little to it, it will disappear as soon as you hit the charge for damage. To help survive the following charge, whilst adding points in either redemption or heal makes it easier to nuke as well as adding points to drain life.

For more information why guard is not very useful when used for armor rather than the root debuff: 20s. cooldown, 5 sec protection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Guard does not help with 16 rhino, due to the fact that the execution for rhino vs bear/mage is long term, while the buff lasts 5 seconds. In my strategy that I highlighted above, the goal is to kite using auto, which should take 5 secs in itself. 10 armor contributes a little to it, it will disappear as soon as you hit the charge for damage. To help survive the following charge, whilst adding points in either redemption or heal makes it easier to nuke as well as adding points to drain life.

For more information why guard is not very useful when used for armor rather than the root debuff: 20s. cooldown, 5 sec protection.
    5 seconds is a lot, no? (compare it to other buff times) such an op buff. cant be debuffed?? i would put at least 1 point in this op skill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fear View Post
    5 seconds is a lot, no? (compare it to other buff times) such an op buff. cant be debuffed?? i would put at least 1 point in this op skill
    Yea, 1 point is pretty useful to free from roots such as ice/hellscream/stun/etc., but it's more qualified as a de-buff remover than it is an "OP Buff" at level 1, since it only adds 1 armor and 1 dodge.

And also, 5 secs is not a lot of time at all, as I said before, if you're using the auto-kite strategy (which is pretty much the only way to even challenge an FB bear, sometimes even good talon bears can rekt 16 rhino).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I love how people are arguing on Div's build. It's fine. -_- 3 Redem will add more of a defensive side, while auto-attack kiting does enough damage (shows how OP Fbows are).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

What I used to do was 6 guardian and 1 heal (derp), it worked fine for me though. Btw, I was lv17

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    What I used to do was 6 guardian and 1 heal (derp), it worked fine for me though. Btw, I was lv17
    Yea, 1 heal works surprisingly well, and combined with 6 guard, it may have been enough to fight bears WITHOUT crippling slash. However, against rhinos, you need the extra combo damage coming from red rather than the 5 seconds of extra armor provided by guardian.

Perhaps you guys haven't been on 16 Rhino for a little while, actually, a more recent trend has been that all bears have been adding 3 slashes instead of the classic SMS and Vengeful. New 16 Rhinos need the damage and absorption to attempt to survive crippling slash, not add a buff that will certainly run out during the most important stage of the fight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Yea, 1 heal works surprisingly well, and combined with 6 guard, it may have been enough to fight bears WITHOUT crippling slash. However, against rhinos, you need the extra combo damage coming from red rather than the 5 seconds of extra armor provided by guardian.

Perhaps you guys haven't been on 16 Rhino for a little while, actually, a more recent trend has been that all bears have been adding 3 slashes instead of the classic SMS and Vengeful. New 16 Rhinos need the damage and absorption to attempt to survive crippling slash, not add a buff that will certainly run out during the most important stage of the fight.
    Yep I agree, bears tend to have all 3 slashes to have a better chance against lv20 Rhinos..

+1 for the guide

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose