Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ajaxfall's Gold Guide (MUST READ!!!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Post Ajaxfall's Gold Guide (MUST READ!!!)

Ajaxfall's Merching Guide - "Richness awaits you"

Hello viewer, I am your friendly neighbourhood's Spiderman- *Panics* ah- I.. I mean Meemaw.... (That was close)

Today I'm going to show you how to get massive money. Now, I'm going to be 100% honest, and everything I'm telling you, I've been through. These are personal experiences! So... lets get started!

Step 1: "To make money, you have to have money!"

Before you get excited thinking "OMG, WOW, AFTER THIS GUIDE, I'M GONNA GO MERCH AND GET MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF GOLD" , Sorry buddy, not happening. When I was in my old guild Chosen and before those even, I would always think I could get rich in a day or a week. That's not true! To merch, you have to have gold first, because then how are you supposed to buy the item, even if its for cheap. Best thing to do first is to get a Leprechaun Pendant. (Borrow from a friend "THAT YOU TRUST!!!!" and use it) For extra luck, buy a kit for 6-10k and use it as you get double the luck and you'll be getting cash in no time!
    After you have the lepre. ( Leprechaun Pendant ) , go to a map that suits your level and start farming. Make sure you do the following during farming hours.
    * Have a couple friends to join you.
    *Have plenty of potions so you don't die.
    After that. Go farming for Eggs and lockeds. Don't go for Armors, weapons, pendants, and rings untill you are more experienced!

Here are the places I like to Farm and what loot is found there...

Elite Lost Mages Mine - Wrathjaw/Snaggletooth and Locked. (Must be lvl.40/41)
    Nordr (Jurn Woods/Oltgar Keep) - Jurn woods drops August and locked, Oltgar keep (my favourite) drops Vixen, Kelvin, and locked. (Have a good party with good damage, have 2 rogues, 1 mage, and 1 warrior)
    Kraken Mines III (KM3) - Drops locked... a lot... of lockeds...
    Brakenridge - Drops lockeds. (If you've done many KM3 runs and you haven't got locked, come and do Brakenridge Goldmine and Brakenrige village and you will get many lockeds)

Step 2: "Merch Till You Drop"
    Merching = Buying somthing for really cheap, then selling it for a higher price.

Best things to merch at a early "Age" are vanities, lockeds, eggs, and little things like kits, energy's, and etc.
    Then when you have 100,000 gold + , go ahead and start merching items like weapons and armors.

A huge mistake people make, is that they merch things nobody buys, I learned this the hard way!
    When you buy cheap, buy it pretty cheap. ( E.g. You see a Malgo egg for 50k, and then the next one in auction is 300k and there are more in the auction. So there isnt just 1 other egg at 300k and thats it. Don't buy it!!! Save it for somthign else, also, Malgo has REALLY bad stats, so think to yourself, "With those stats... who would want to waste 300k on that peice of trash?" ) For me, a long time ago, when Shuyal was just released, I found a Forerunner armor for 1,000 gold. the original price is 300,000 gold and over. I knew this item is a "Discontinued" item, so I knew if I bought this item, I could sell it for 284,000 gold more. So I went ahead and merched it. one of the best merches I've ever done. So... be smart about what you're merching and dont go merching for just a 5k profit! -.-

Step 3: "Rich, and getting Richer"

When you reach 1,000,000 gold, don't use it!!! Repeat steps 1 and 2 over and over again until you get to 10,000,000 or something. THEN you can relax and buy mythic and stuff, but always have 50% of what you had. If you had 10mil gold, use maximum; 5 million gold. It'll help you in the future!

Well, Time for me to go and merch! Thank you for reading this guide. Share this guide as much as you can, so everyone can become just a bit richer. Spacetime studios will also be helped a bit too, because then people wont leave the game because they don't have any gold. Also, give me some comments on what you think about the guide and how it helped you as a player! And always remember... help yourself, before you help others! (Don't give any beggars money, unless its your friend)

Have fun getting richer!!! C:

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Meemaw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The key is knowing what items will really sell for and not relying on the auction as a price guide. Prices tend to vary based on supply. So one week there will be a ton of a certain egg in the auction, and so the price goes down. And then the next week the price may go back up. The same thing happens with Chests. So if you watch these price differences, and know what the common changes are, then you can buy low and sell high.

Most often a mispriced item will be the only one currently for sale in the auction. This happens because someone wants to sell an item, looks in the auction to see how much it sells for, none are for sale, so they take a guess. And sometimes they guess way too low. However, the only way you will know this item is priced too low is if you are familiar with the item and how much it usually sells for. Just looking at auction prices and hoping to find something priced much lower than the others is an easier way to do it, but one which will give you a much lower chance of finding a big score.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Yea, the point that discontinued items are hard to profit with unless you find the right buyer is true. P
    I have some Stormrunner gear and twink Bonechill armour I've been trying to sell now for over a week - no buyers
    "Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare." - Japanese Proverb
    IGN: Pureloot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    The key is knowing what items will really sell for and not relying on the auction as a price guide. Prices tend to vary based on supply. So one week there will be a ton of a certain egg in the auction, and so the price goes down. And then the next week the price may go back up. The same thing happens with Chests. So if you watch these price differences, and know what the common changes are, then you can buy low and sell high.

Most often a mispriced item will be the only one currently for sale in the auction. This happens because someone wants to sell an item, looks in the auction to see how much it sells for, none are for sale, so they take a guess. And sometimes they guess way too low. However, the only way you will know this item is priced too low is if you are familiar with the item and how much it usually sells for. Just looking at auction prices and hoping to find something priced much lower than the others is an easier way to do it, but one which will give you a much lower chance of finding a big score.
    Very true, but if its a discontinued item, you can start a price chain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azemen View Post
    Yea, the point that discontinued items are hard to profit with unless you find the right buyer is true. P
    I have some Stormrunner gear and twink Bonechill armour I've been trying to sell now for over a week - no buyers
    Thank you, and good luck selling your gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Well done ajax, proud of u

~lmao/arcane

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Iliketolol For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iliketolol View Post

~lmao/arcane
    Thanks man!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iliketolol View Post

~lmao/arcane
    Oh darn. Arcane, its you lol XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Great Topic and nice job.. its will help the new players..

but just remind they do not start it with big hopes...

because last months merch not working well... there not so many item to mercy only a few item, and sooo many ppl mercy << its mean so many ppl stacking on this items...

- so many farmer = farmed item prize drop!

- so many merchy player = merchy can be a lost

--- thats just what i think ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Not bad newbie.

But a couple of things you need to improve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

this season it is very hard to merch as almost all guys want to buy at low and sell at high.

opening locks and farming elite chest are only the way to get rich.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyblu View Post
    Not bad newbie.

But a couple of things you need to improve
    Thanks, but I'm not a noob. -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    this season it is very hard to merch as almost all guys want to buy at low and sell at high.

opening locks and farming elite chest are only the way to get rich.

True, but theres other ways of getting cash, not just chests. Actually, chests aren't a very effective idea :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

+1
    Nice guide especially for the ones who have the habbit of saying,"Sir,me noob, Gimme 10k pls Me poor". But it would be better if you edit it and add the basic way for the gold. That is , how to save for a lepre? Without any gold in hand. That would be of a great use for many.

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtmeet For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Not bad, but remember, when everybody wants to merch there's nobody to sell high to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fauksuras View Post
    Not bad, but remember, when everybody wants to merch there's nobody to sell high to.
    That's very true, but that's the challenge of merching, gotta find the right person!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtmeet View Post
    +1
    Nice guide especially for the ones who have the habbit of saying,"Sir,me noob, Gimme 10k pls Me poor". But it would be better if you edit it and add the basic way for the gold. That is , how to save for a lepre? Without any gold in hand. That would be of a great use for many.

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk
    I meant to, but at the end, I had troubles thinking of ways of getting 200k up front to just buy the lepre. Give me a few days, I'll post the rest. Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

So funny how you went 50% versus the 3X the amount of purchase price... which is how I explained it to you.

My tactic is: If it costs 20mil, have 60mil to cover it.

Give it a good six months of hard merching and you'll soon be making new characters just for inventory slots.

The harder of all spending habits is managing your pot consumption. Those life/mana drugs will make you feign your gold into bankruptcy.
    Last edited by LordDravek; 06-16-2014 at 08:10 PM.
    Hakuna Matatas

23. The Following User Says Thank You to LordDravek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LordDravek View Post
    So funny how you went 50% versus the 3X the amount of purchase price... which is how I explained it to you.

My tactic is: If it costs 20mil, have 60mil to cover it.

Give it a good six months of hard merching and you'll soon be making new characters just for inventory slots.

The harder of all spending habits is managing your pot consumption. Those life/mana drugs will make you feign your gold into bankruptcy.
    Oh yeah, sorry. I'll give you credit! And thats true, just merch a few months and it'll be all good. Yo, lets hang in game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Credit goes to Draving for the buying for 50% of what you have tip.